Broccoli and Cheese Egg Muffins are quick, simple and the perfect grab and go breakfast for busy mornings. Best of all, they are low in carbs, keto friendly and packed with protein.
These Broccoli and Cheese Egg Muffins are a great source of protein, packed with nutrients and low in carbs.
The best part? They are super versatile and take hardly any time to make.
If you love frittatas, egg muffins are like mini personal-size ones that you can grab on the go. You can keep them on hand in your fridge or freezer throughout the week. And then on your meal prep day – bake a batch, wrap them up and store them in the freezer.
When you’re ready to serve, grab one of those single mini muffins (or two) and give it a quick reheat and you’re set to go!
The best part is, they are full of protein and super easy to customize with any toppings or add-ins you like.
Want to add more protein? No problem, toss in some crispy bacon , chopped ham or rotisserie chicken.
These healthy egg cups are also low carb and ketogenic friendly and perfect for breakfast on the go.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BROCCOLI AND CHEESE EGG MUFFINS?
Chop up your favorite combo of veggies and proteins and mix until combined.
Divide evenly among muffin cups (about 1/2 – 2/3 cups full) and add chopped broccoli and shredded cheese.
I like lining my muffin tin with these silicone liners since they are guaranteed to pop out easily without sticking. If you don’t have silicone liners, be sure to grease the muffin tins with a non-stick cooking spray.
Pop these in the oven at 400 F and once cooled, you can store them in resealable bags or glass containers. Keep them in the fridge (or freezer) and every morning, heat one up in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Breakfast is ready to go!
With a batch of these tasty broccoli and cheese egg muffins, you’ve got a healthy breakfast when you’re on the run each morning.
SOME TIPS WHEN MAKING THESE BREAKFAST EGG MUFFIN CUPS
- Grease or line your muffin pan with silicone liners for easy removal
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 – 2/3 full
- Use your favorite combo of vegetables or protein – be sure to chop them up into bite-sized pieces
- Season with your favorite spices and herbs – not a fan of basil? Leave it out and use thyme or for an extra kick, cumin or Cayenne pepper instead.
Feel like switching things up? Here are 9 different Breakfast Egg Muffins you can make instead.
Broccoli and Cheese Egg Muffins are quick, simple and the perfect grab and go breakfast for busy mornings.d with protein. Best of all, they are low in carbs, keto friendly and packed with protein.
- 10 large eggs
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli steamed and chopped (or frozen and thawed)
- 2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a 12 count muffin pan with silicone liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large 4 cup measuring cup or mixing bowl, crack in eggs and whisk together with salt and black pepper.
- Whisk in garlic powder and thyme until combined. Stir in broccoli and cheddar. Divide evenly into muffin tins filling each about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle with more cheddar if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until set.