Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins are quick, simple and the perfect grab and go breakfast for busy mornings. Best of all, they are low in carbs, keto friendly and packed with protein.
Eggs are a great source of protein, packed with nutrients and low in carbs. The best part? They are super versatile and take hardly any time to make.
These Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins are like mini personal-size frittatas and are perfect to keep on hand in your fridge or freezer throughout the week. Bake a batch on your meal prep day, wrap them up and store them in the freezer.
When you’re ready to serve, grab one of those single mini muffins (or two) and give it a quick reheat and you’re set to go!
The best part is, they are full of protein and super easy to customize with any toppings or add-ins you like.
Not a fan of ham? No problem, toss in some crispy bacon or rotisserie chicken instead?
These healthy egg cups are also low carb and ketogenic friendly and perfect for breakfast on the go.
HOW DO YOU MAKE HAM AND CHEESE EGG MUFFINS?
Chop up your favorite combo of veggies and proteins and mix until combined.
Divide evenly among muffin cups (about 1/2 – 2/3 cups full) and add chopped ham and shredded cheese.
I like lining my muffin tin with these silicone liners since they are guaranteed to pop out easily without sticking. If you don’t have silicone liners, be sure to grease the muffin tins with a non-stick cooking spray.
Pop these in the oven at 400 F and once cooled, you can store them in resealable bags or glass containers. Keep them in the fridge (or freezer) and every morning, heat one up in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Breakfast is ready to go!
With a batch of these tasty ham and cheese egg muffins, you’ve got a healthy breakfast when you’re on the run each morning.
SOME TIPS WHEN MAKING THESE BREAKFAST EGG MUFFIN CUPS
- Grease or line your muffin pan with silicone liners for easy removal
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 – 2/3 full
- Use your favorite combo of vegetables or protein – be sure to chop them up into bite-sized pieces
- Season with your favorite spices and herbs – not a fan of basil? Leave it out and use thyme or for an extra kick, cumin or Cayenne pepper instead.
Feel like switching things up? Here are 9 different Breakfast Egg Muffins you can make instead.
Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins are quick, simple and the perfect grab and go breakfast for busy mornings.d with protein. Best of all, they are low in carbs, keto friendly and packed with protein.
- 10 large eggs
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard or Dijon Mustard optional
- 2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese plus more for topping
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked or deli ham
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a 12 count muffin pan with silicone liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large 4 cup measuring cup or mixing bowl, crack in eggs and whisk together with salt and black pepper.
- Whisk in garlic powder and onion powder until combined. Stir in ham and cheddar cheese. Divide evenly into muffin cups filling each about 2/3 full.
- Top with more ham and cheese if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until set.