Jalapeño Popper Egg Muffins are an easy make ahead breakfast for on-the-go made with cheese, bacon and jalapeno peppers. Packed with protein, low carb and keto friendly. A healthy twist on the classic appetizer and perfect for busy school or work mornings.
With all the egg recipes we have on our site, you guys KNOW that eggs are a big favorite at our house.
Hard boiled eggs, baked eggs, sunny-side up eggs, Frittatas, egg casseroles and of course, these viral Breakfast Egg Muffins that were Pinterest’s top 2018 most pinned egg recipe according to the Today Show and Cooking Light.
I’ve been slowly trying to give each of the egg muffins their own recipe posts and these Jalapeno Popper Egg Muffins would be perfect for spring.
WHAT ARE BREAKFAST EGG MUFFINS?
Egg muffins are scrambled eggs that you bake in muffin tins. They are sort of like portable mini frittatas that you can customize with various add-ins and toppings.
You can find all our favorite breakfast egg muffin recipes here:
- Bacon & Spinach Egg Muffins
- Broccoli and Cheddar Egg Muffins
- Buffalo Chicken
- Ham and Cheese
- Kimchi Egg Muffins
- Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Egg Muffins
- Tomato, Parmesan and Spinach Egg Muffins
They take less than 10 minutes to prep and are full of protein and vitamins.
Plus, they make a delicious make-ahead breakfast that you can quickly reheat on those busy mornings.
What I love about these Jalapeno Popper Breakfast Egg Muffins is that they are the perfect bite-sized breakfast that you can grab on the go.
Plus, they are super versatile and perfect to keep on hand in your fridge or freezer throughout the week.
Bake a batch on your Sunday or Monday meal prep day, wrap them up and store them in the freezer. When you’re ready to serve, grab one of those single mini muffins (or two) and give it a quick reheat and you’re set to go!
And the best part? These Keto Jalapeno Egg Muffins are full of protein and super easy to customize. They are naturally gluten free, paleo and low carb.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE JALAPENO POPPER EGG MUFFINS:
- cooked and crumbled Whole30 compliant bacon
- black pepper
- chopped mushrooms
- chopped spinach
HOW TO MAKE JALAPENO POPPER EGG MUFFINS
- Start off by whisking together your eggs in a 4-cup measuring cup or a mixing bowl and seasoning them with salt, pepper and your favorite seasonings.
- Divide evenly among muffin cups (about 1/2 – 2/3 cups full) and add mushrooms, spinach and bacon.
- I like lining my muffin tin with these silicone liners since they are guaranteed to pop out easily without sticking. If you don’t have silicone liners, be sure to grease the muffin tins with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pop these in the oven at 400 F and once cooled, you can store them in resealable bags or glass containers. Keep them in the fridge (or freezer) and every morning, heat one up in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Breakfast is ready to go!
- With a batch of these tasty bacon and spinach egg muffins, you’ve got a healthy breakfast when you’re on the run each morning.
SOME HELPFUL TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST JALAPENO POPPER EGG MUFFINS:
- Grease or line your muffin pan with silicone liners for easy removal
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 – 2/3 full
- Use your favorite combo of vegetables or protein – be sure to chop them up into bite-sized pieces
Feel like switching things up? Here are 9 different Breakfast Egg Muffins you can make instead.
More egg recipes you might like:
Jalapeño Popper Egg Cups are an easy make ahead breakfast for on-the-go made with cheese, bacon and jalapeno peppers. Packed with protein, low carb and keto friendly. A healthy twist on the classic appetizer and perfect for busy school or work mornings.
- 10 large eggs
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt , or to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3-4 Jalapeño peppers , de-seeded and chopped plus round slices for topping (if desired)
- 1/3 cup softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup cooked & crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a 12 count muffin pan with silicone liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large 4 cup measuring cup or mixing bowl, crack in eggs and whisk together with salt and black pepper.
Whisk in garlic powder, onion powder and cream cheese until combined. Stir in cheddar cheese, chopped jalapeño and bacon. Divide evenly into muffin cups filling each about 2/3 full.
Place 1 round jalapeño slice on top in each muffin cup, if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until set.