Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Egg Muffins are a quick and easy to make ahead and tasty breakfast for on the go. They come together in just 15 minutes and are Whole30 compliant, low carb, keto and paleo friendly.
What are your go-to’s when it comes to quick and easy breakfasts? We like to switch things up for the kids and sometimes you’ll find Overnight Oats, Baked Egg Cups, No Bake Energy Bites and of course, our popular breakfast egg muffins.
WHAT ARE EGG MUFFINS?
Healthy egg muffins are sort of like mini personal-size frittatas that you can grab for breakfast on the go. You can keep them on hand in your fridge or freezer throughout the week. And then on your meal prep day – bake a batch, wrap them up and store them in the freezer.
They are naturally gluten free, paleo, low carb, keto friendly and easy to make. And you can make them ahead of time to have in the fridge for a quick breakfast or lunch!
And you’ll have no excuse to leave your house without having breakfast. Paleo egg cups are not only delicious, but they also filling and help keep you satisfied all morning. Plus, they are also easy to make and you can customize them however you like.
HOW TO MAKE SUN-DRIED TOMATO EGG MUFFINS:
Since sharing these 9 breakfast egg muffins with you guys last year, I’m slowly trying to give each of the various flavors their own post. These Sun-Dried Tomato Egg Muffins make the perfect healthy breakfast, lunch or snack. They are packed with vegetables, Whole30 friendly and low in carbs.
To make Sun-Dried Tomato Egg Muffins, you’re going to need:
- sun-dried tomatoes
- fresh basil
- Start off by whisking together your eggs in a 4-cup measuring cup or a mixing bowl and seasoning them with salt, pepper and your favorite seasonings.
- Chop up the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and basil and stir in until combined.
- Divide evenly among muffin cups (about 1/2 – 2/3 cups full). I like lining my muffin tin with these silicone liners since they are guaranteed to pop out easily without sticking. If you don’t have silicone liners, be sure to grease the muffin tins with a non-stick cooking spray.
4. Pop the pan in the oven at 400 F and once cooled, you can store the egg cups in resealable bags or glass containers.
HELPFUL TIPS WHEN MAKING SUN-DRIED TOMATO EGG CUPS:
- Grease or line your muffin pan with silicone liners for easy removal
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 – 2/3 full
- Feel free to use your favorite combo of vegetables or protein – be sure to chop them up into bite-sized pieces
- Season with your favorite spices and herbs – not a fan of basil? Leave it out and use thyme or for an extra kick, cumin or Cayenne pepper instead.
More easy breakfast you might like:Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Egg MuffinsPrep Time5 minsCook Time15 minsTotal Time20 mins
Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Egg Muffins are a quick and easy to make ahead and tasty breakfast for on the go. They come together in just 15 minutes and are Whole30 compliant, low carb, keto and paleo friendly.Course: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanKeyword: breakfast, breakfast egg muffins, eggs, keto, low carb, vegetarian, whole30Servings: 12Calories: 52 kcalIngredients
- 10 large eggs
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt , or to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper , or to taste
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes , soaked in very warm water until tender and chopped (discard soaking water)
- 3/4 cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil
Nutrition FactsSun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Egg MuffinsAmount Per Serving (1 egg muffin)Calories 52 Calories from Fat 27% Daily Value*Total Fat 3g 5%Protein 4g 8%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a 12 count muffin pan with silicone liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large 4 cup measuring cup or mixing bowl, crack in eggs and whisk together with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and basil.
- Divide evenly into muffin tins filling each about 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until set.