This Keto Bread is soft, fluffy and so easy to make and takes less than 90 seconds in the microwave. It’s the perfect quick and simple low carb bread recipe when you’re craving toast for breakfast. Grain-free, gluten-free, sugar-free and paleo-friendly.
90 Second Keto Bread Recipe
One of the things I hear from most people when they are following a low carb or keto diet is how much they miss having a slice of toast with jam for breakfast.
With this extremely simple and versatile recipe, you can have Keto Bread in less than 10 minutes either using your microwave or a conventional oven.
Ingredients for Keto Bread
What I love about this recipe is how forgiving it is.
It works well if you have nut allergies but if you are allergic to coconut flour and don’t need something nut free… then you can swap out the coconut flour with super-fine almond flour instead.
To make this quick and easy microwave low carb bread, all you need is 5 ingredients that you most like have in your kitchen pantry.
- Ghee – also known as clarified butter. You can also use grass-fed butter or if you’re dairy-free, you can use buttery flavored coconut oil (<—- seriously life changing)
- 1 large egg
- Baking powder
- Coconut flour – a low carb gluten free flour that works well if you have nut allergies but if you are allergic to coconut flour and don’t need something nut free… then you can swap out the coconut flour with 1/4 cup super-fine almond flour instead.
- Garlic powder
- Optional: pinch of Himalayan pink salt
How to make Keto Bread
- COAT YOUR RAMEKIN: To start, you’re going to spray or grease a 6 ounce ramekin with coconut oil or avocado oil to prevent the bread from sticking.
- MIX THE WET INGREDIENTS: Next, add the melted and slightly cooled ghee (you can also butter flavored coconut oil if you prefer) and whisk in the egg until smooth.
- ADD THE DRY INGREDIENTS: Stir in the baking powder, garlic powder and coconut flour until just combined.
- MICROWAVE: Place the ramekin in the microwave and cook on HIGH for 90 seconds.
- COOL: Allow to cool slightly and run a knife across the edge for easier removal.
HOW TO MAKE KETO TOAST WITH JAM:
- Slice the bread into slices and place onto a baking tray (or a toaster oven) and toast for 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy as a sandwich with smoked salmon, eggs or spread some butter flavored ghee, softened butter or sugar free jam.
IS KETO TOAST PALEO FRIENDLY?
Yes, this recipe for healthy Keto toast is completely gluten free, grain free, paleo friendly and nut free.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST KETO BREAD:
This recipe is pretty forgiving if you need to make any substitutions:
- grease your mug or ramekin prior to mixing the ingredients for easier removal
- use softened or melted and cooled ghee (or coconut oil) for easier mixing
- allow the bread to cool slightly before running a knife along the sides of the mug or ramekin
IS KETO TOAST FREEZER-FRIENDLY?
Yes! The great thing about this recipe is that you can make a few batches ahead of time and freeze them so you can enjoy ta slice of toast throughout the week.
Make a few batches of the Keto toast, slice them up and place them on a large baking sheet. Pop the sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes then store the Keto bread slices in resealable bags or an airtight container.
WHAT OTHER RECIPES CAN I USE LOW CARB BREAD WITH:
You can use low carb bread just like you would your favorite sandwich bread.
Enjoy as is or as a breakfast sandwich with Sunny-Side Up Eggs and Bacon
Make avocado toast or an egg salad sandwich
Cube them into pieces to use as low carb croutons for a salad
Spread some almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter
Use it to make meatloaf
ThisKeto Breadis soft, fluffy and so easy to make and takes less than 90 seconds in the microwave. It's the perfect quick and simple low carb bread recipe when you're craving toast for breakfast. Grain-free, gluten-free, sugar-free and paleo-friendly.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee , softened at room temperature (can sub with OR 1 1/2 tablespoons buttery flavored coconut oil OR grass-fed butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour , or sub with 1/4 cup super-fine almond flour
- pinch Himalayan pink salt , optional
Coat a 12 ounce mug or ramekin with coconut oil or ghee for easier removal. Add the ghee and egg and whisk together with a fork until smooth. Add the baking powder, garlic powder, optional salt and coconut flour and stir until combined.
- Place in a microwave and cook on HIGH for 90 seconds.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400F for 8-10 minutes.