Ham and Cheese Sliders – perfect game day snacks and a great way for using up any leftover ham. Best of all, super easy to make with oven roasted ham, two cheeses and buttery garlic sauce over Hawaiian rolls. Plus recipe video.
They’re hot, gooey and are just perfect for using up any leftover ham (or you can even use turkey) from Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter.
Plus, I love serving sliders when we’re feeding a crowd on a big game day (or Super Bowl) since they always disappear so quickly.
HOW TO MAKE THESE BAKED HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS
If you’re thinking that these are your classic ham and cheese sandwich, you couldn’t be more wrong. They have two-kinds of cheeses and are loaded with flavor.
You start off by placing the slider buns on the bottom of a greased casserole dish. I used soft Hawaiian rolls because they are a favorite but you can use any rolls you like or have on hand.
Spread some butter, a layer of cheddar cheese, some honey ham, and top with a layer of Swiss Cheese.
Place the top buns in on top and brush on some melted garlic butter mixed with some Italian seasoning. The buttery topping seeps into the bread as it cooks and adds the most unbelievable flavor.
You’re going to bake these delicious sliders in the oven until those fluffy rolls are lightly toasted and the cheese is ooey gooey.
WHAT OTHER FLAVORS CAN I ADD TO THESE HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS?
To change things up for the next weekend, you can add a little bit of Dijon mustard, poppy seeds or sesame seeds.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE HAWAIIAN ROLLS?
You can use also use any other soft dinner rolls or mini burger rolls you have.
The best part is, these sliders are super easy to make, and they definitely don’t stick around for very long.
These babies would also make a great addition to summer parties, potlucks, and get togethers. I know my family would love a batch of these for a weeknight dinner or as an after-school snack.
Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders
For the melted butter topping
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- FOR THE SLIDERS:
- 1 (12 count) package Hawaiian or Soft Dinner Rolls
- 12 slices baked honey ham, sliced thinly
- 9 slices cheddar cheese
- 9 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Make the melted butter topping: In a small bowl, Mix together the butter with garlic powder and Italian seasoning and brush over tops of rolls.
- To make the sliders:
- Split your slider buns in half, place one half in the bottom of a 11x7" or 9x13" baking dish.
- Brush a tiny bit of melted butter topping on the bottom rolls. Top with one layer of sliced cheddar cheese, layer with ham slices then top with Swiss cheese. Place the other half of the rolls on top and brush top of rolls with remaining butter mixture. Cover with tinfoil and bake in preheated oven for about 14-17 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice into individual sliders and serve immediately with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan, if desired. Sliders are best warm and fresh.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!