This Slow Cooker Ham is so easy to make in the crock pot with a spiral cut ham. A low carb & keto ham made with a 4 ingredient glaze that’s perfect for Easter or holiday gatherings!
Making ham in slow cooker is a great way to free up your oven and takes a lot of the stress out the holidays. All it takes is just a few minutes of prep and you end up with a juicy and tender crock pot ham that your friends and family will love! No more dry ham that cooks in the oven for hours.
And the best part is that you can even make it ahead of time and heat it up
Since ham cooks so much quicker in the instant pot, that means you won’t have to wake up early to prepare your holiday meal. Keeping the oven off means a more hands-off holiday ham. And, you won’t have to heat up your kitchen during the warmer months.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS SLOW COOKER HAM:
- only 4 ingredients required for the glaze
- low carb, ketogenic friendly and gluten free
- less than 10 minutes of prep time for an easy dump-and-go crock pot recipe
- freezer-friendly & easy to make ahead of time
- A set and forget recipe that takes the stress out of hosting Sunday dinner / Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday gatherings
INGREDIENTS FOR CROCK POT BAKED HAM
- Spiral-cut ham – 8-9 lbs fits perfect in a 6 Quart Slow Cooker
For the 4 ingredient low carb glaze:
- butter (use ghee for paleo)
- golden monk fruit (can also use coconut sugar or brown sugar if not paleo / keto)
- Dijon mustard
- minced garlic
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER HAM:
Most spiral hams are cooked already, so all we need to do is to heat it up, just like you would do in the oven. The slow cooker makes it easier and faster!
HOW TO COOK HAM IN A CROCK POT:
- Start by combining the butter and golden monk fruit sweetener in a small sauce pan or microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted and combined. Stir in Dijon Mustard and minced garlic until combined.
- Place the ham inside the slow cooker, with the cut side down. Brush the ham with the glaze covering all areas
- Cover with the lid and cook for 3-4 hours on low heat, or until a thermometer registers 140 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the ham
- Transfer the ham onto a cutting board.
- Slice ham and serve with any leftover glaze.
- For a caramelized coating, place ham on a foil-lined baking sheet and heat under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until desired doneness.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK HAM IN THE SLOW COOKER:
This depends on the size of your ham and crock pot. We set ours to cook on low for 3-4 hours for a 8 lb spiral-cut ham that fits perfectly in my 6 Quart KichenAid slow cooker.
If you are using a larger 10 lb bone-in thigh ham, the time may take anywhere from 4-5 hours.
TIPS FOR THE BEST SLOW COOKER BAKED HAM:
- If you don’t need a sugar free / keto glaze, feel free to use honey for a Honey Baked ham or maple syrup for a Maple glazed ham
- Change up the flavor with some warm spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves
- Add sweetness to your glaze with: cranberries, cherries or orange
- Place your crock pot ham under the broiler if you like a caramelized coating
WHAT TO SERVE WITH HAM:
For slow cooker keto ham, you can serve with:
For Slow Cooker Honey Baked Ham, serve with:
CAN I FREEZE LEFTOVER HAM?
So how do you freeze leftover ham? Leftover ham can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days, and for up to 3 months in the freezer. Place leftover ham in freezer bags and press out as much as air as you can. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This Slow Cooker Ham is so easy to make in the crock pot with a spiral cut ham. A low carb & keto holiday ham made with a 4 ingredient glaze that's perfect for Easter or holiday gatherings!
- 8-9 pound spiral sliced ham
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , or ghee for Paleo
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup golden monk fruit sweetener
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- Slow Cooker 6 Quart
Prepare the glaze: Heat butter and monk fruit sweetener in a saute pan over medium heat and bring to a low boil. Whisk in the mustard and garlic until smooth. Remove from heat.
Place ham inside the slow cooker and brush glaze on outside and inside the spirals of the ham.
Cook for 3-4 hours on low heat, or until a thermometer registers 140 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the ham.
Open the lid and transfer the ham to a cutting board. Serve with any leftover glaze.
Set the oven to broil.
Remove the ham from the slow cooker and place on a foil-lined baking sheet and brush with leftover glaze.
Place the ham under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the glaze is bubbly and caramelized. Slice ham and serve.