This Fruit Salad is easy to make with fresh seasonal fruit and a simple lime dressing. It’s a quick and healthy snack, breakfast, side dish or dessert and perfect for summer barbecues and potlucks! If you’re crunched for time, this is the perfect 10-minute fruit salad to prepare. Vegan, paleo with low carb, keto and Whole30 options.
Easy Fruit Salad with Dressing
Fruit salads are a must during the summer. We always have our fridge stocked with tons of fruit since both of my kids are obsessed.
This healthy fruit salad recipe makes a lovely snack, side dish or dessert and an easy way to sneak in more fruit into your diet. It’s especially amazing on a hot summer day to help give you that burst of energy since fruit is full of vitamins and antioxidants.
There are tons of other homemade fruit salads out there and this Easy Fruit Salad is the one I make a ton whenever we are throwing a summer party. It’s also great for a backyard barbecue for Memorial Day, Fourth of July potlucks, brunches, showers, family gatherings and it’s always a crowd-pleaser.
Ingredients you need
The great thing about this rainbow fruit salad is how easy it is to customize. Feel free to use any fresh fruit you like or have on hand.
For the healthy fruit salad bowl
- Strawberries – washed, dried, hulled and thinly sliced
- Blackberries – washed and dried.
- Blueberries – washed and dried.
- Raspberries – washed and dried.
- Mango – peeled and diced
- Cherries -stems removed, washed and dried
- Grapes -stems removed, washed and dried
For the lime vinaigrette:
- Fresh Lime juice – you’ll need 2 tablespoons. If you don’t have any lime, lemon juice will work as well.
- Maple syrup – or any liquid sweetener of choice. Omit for Whole30
- Chopped mint – for freshness and flavor.
How to make a Fruit Salad:
- Wash and dry fruits: Start off by washing, drying and chopping any large fruits into similar sizes.
- Make the vinaigrette: Next, mix together your lime glaze. It’s just a splash of lime juice, your favorite sweetener (honey, maple syrup, monk fruit etc.) and a touch of mint if you like.
- Toss and combine: Drizzle over your fruit and gently toss to combine.
The great thing about fruit salads are that you can use any fruits you like! Pomegranates, pear, apple, peaches, orange slices are also delicious choices.
- You can substitute the lime juice with lemon, orange or pineapple juice if you prefer
- For a low carb fruit salad – use liquid monk fruit, stevia and leave out the mango, cherries and grapes.
- Add a dollop of whipped coconut cream, or even some dairy-free yogurt and grain-free granola.
- Enjoy the recipe as written for a paleo and refined sugar free treat. Or leave out the sweetener to keep this Whole30 compliant.
Make ahead and storage tips
- How to make ahead:
- Peel and chop the mango ahead of time.
- Wash and dry the grapes and cherries ahead of time.
- Prepare the berries ahead of time by washing and drying them.
- How to store: Store in an airtight resealable container or resealable bag in the fridge for up to 3 days.
More fruit recipes you will love:
This Fruit Salad is easy to make with fresh seasonal fruit and a simple lime dressing. It's a quick and healthy snack, breakfast, side dish or dessert and perfect for summer barbecues and potlucks! If you're crunched for time, this is the perfect 10-minute fruit salad to prepare. Vegan, paleo with low carb, keto and Whole30 options.
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries washed, dried, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh blackberries washed and dried
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries washed and dried
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries washed and dried
- 1 mango peeled and diced - omit for keto
- 1 cup green grapes stems removed, washed and dried - omit for keto
- 1 cup cherries stems removed, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons lime juice , use lemon if preferred
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup can also use liquid monk fruit for a lower carb option or preferred sticky liquid sweetener of choice - omit for Whole30
- 1 fresh mint chopped thinly, optional
- Combine the strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, mango, grapes, cherries together in a large bowl..
Drizzle the liquid sweetener, lime juice and mint (if using) over the fruit and toss well to coat.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!