Easy Fruit Salad – a quick and healthy snack, breakfast, side dish or dessert! Made with fresh, seasonal fruit and a simple dressing made with lime juice and honey. If you’re crunched for time, this is the perfect 15-minute fruit salad to prepare.
A SIMPLE FRUIT SALAD RECIPE WITH DRESSING
Fruit salads are a must during the summer. We always have our fridge stocked with tons of fruit since both of my kids are obsessed.
They love eating a big bowl of this rainbow fruit salad. It’s quick, simple and makes a healthy and nutritious snack.
My mom wasn’t big on baking when we were younger but she would always whip up a giant bowl of a bright and refreshing fruit salad for dessert every day after dinner. She never measures and simply used to drizzle on some honey or sometimes maple syrup and a squeeze of lime or lemon.
There are tons of other homemade fruit salads out there and this Easy Fruit Salad is the one I make a ton whenever we are throwing a summer party. It’s also great for a backyard barbecue for Memorial Day, Canada Day, Fourth of July potlucks, brunches, showers, family gatherings and it’s always a crowd-pleaser.
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY RAINBOW FRUIT SALAD:
- Start off by washing, drying and chopping any large fruits into similar sizes. For this recipe, we used:
Feel free to use your favorite mix.
2. Next, mix together your honey lime glaze. It’s just a splash of lime juice, your favorite sweetener (honey, maple syrup, monk fruit etc.) and a touch of mint if you like.
3. Drizzle over your fruit and gently toss to combine.
That’s it – super simple and easy to customize. If you’re looking for a low carb fruit salad – you simple leave out the sweetener (or use monk fruit, stevia or erythritol) and leave out the mango, cherries and grapes.
If you’re looking to get your four servings of fruit per day a fruit salad is always a delicious and healthy choice. It’s especially amazing on a hot summer day to help give you that burst of energy since fruit is full of vitamins and antioxidants.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS AND SUBSTITUTIONS FOR THIS HOMEMADE FRUIT SALAD:
- Peel and chop the mango ahead of time and store in a zip-top bag
- Wash and dry the grapes and cherries ahead of time
- You can substitute the lime juice with lemon, orange or pineapple juice if you prefer
WHAT FRUITS ARE GOOD TO MIX TOGETHER IN A FRUIT BOWL?
- The great thing about fruit salads are that you can use any fruits you like! Pomegranates, pear, apple, peaches, orange slices are also delicious choices.
This fruit salad recipe makes a lovely snack, side dish or dessert. You can add a dollop of whipped coconut cream, or even some yogurt and granola.
Enjoy the recipe as written for a paleo and refined sugar free treat. Or leave out the sweetener to keep this whole 30 compliant.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Easy Fruit Salad - a quick and healthy snack, breakfast, side dish or dessert! Made with fresh, seasonal fruit and a simple dressing made with lime juice and honey. If you're crunched for time, this is the perfect 15-minute fruit salad to prepare.
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries washed, dried, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh blackberries washed, dried,
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries washed, dried,
- 1 mango peeled and diced,
- 1 cup green grapes stems removed, washed, dried,
- 1 cup cherries stems removed, washed, dried,
- 2 tablespoons lime juice use lemon if preferred
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey OR maple syrup can also use liquid monk fruit for a lower carb option
- 1 fresh mint chopped thinly, optional
- Combine the strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, mango, grapes, cherries together in a large bowl..
- Drizzle the liquid honey, lime juice and mint (if using) over the fruit and toss well to coat.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!