This recipe for Nature’s Cereal is easy to make and a fruit-filled dream come true! Made with fresh berries, pomegranate seeds and pure coconut water. Popularized on TikTok, this antioxidant-rich breakfast will keep you energized all day long. Gluten-free, paleo, grain-free, paleo, vegan, Whole30 and low carb.
PIN HERE for later and follow me on Pinterest for more recipe ideas
Homemade Nature’s Cereal (Tik Tok Breakfast Bowl)
Have you ever wanted to enjoy a fresh fruit salad in the morning? This easy Nature’s Cereal recipe is designed to give you a nutritious, energizing breakfast with no cooking required. You just have to combine the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
With the use of pure coconut water, nature’s cereal keeps things dairy-free. In addition, this dish is vegan, Whole30, paleo/low-carb, gluten-free and refined sugar-free. It’s a fruity, feel-good breakfast that’s perfect for spring and summer!
What is Nature’s Cereal?
If you’re on Tik Tok, you’ve definitely heard of nature’s cereal. Created by user Sherwayne Mears and popularized by Lizzo, you need this fruity breakfast bowl in your life! Juicy berries combine with pomegranate seeds, coconut water and a few ice cubes to keep it cold and refreshing. Deliciousness!
Why we Love This Fruit Cereal
Mornings can be hectic, and if you find yourself settling for a bowl of cereal more often than not, it helps to introduce some other quick and easy breakfasts. This recipe takes the ease and convenience of cereal and transforms it into a fruity delight!
I’ve always loved throwing some fresh berries into my cereal, but I never thought of making berries the star of the show. Boy was I missing out! Thanks to the fruit and coconut water, this breakfast bowl contains tons of nutrients, antioxidants and vitamin C. If you like fruit smoothies, fruit salads or fruit parfaits, you’ll fall in love with nature’s cereal too!
What You’ll Need
There are a few different variations of nature’s cereal that have floated around the internet. Some don’t include ice and some use different berries. These are the ingredients we like to include in ours:
- Blueberries: Rinse and drain the blueberries well before using.
- Blackberries: Rinsed and drained well.
- Raspberries: Rinsed and drained.
- Strawberries: Chopped.
- Pomegranate Seeds: You can buy these as seeds or remove them from a fresh pomegranate.
- Coconut Water: 100% pure is preferable.
- Ice Cubes: 3 or 4 ice cubes will keep your breakfast bowl nice and cold.
- coconut chips
- grain-free granola
How to Make Fruit Cereal
This breakfast bowl practically makes itself! All you need is a bowl and a spoon.
- Start with Fruit: Add your prepared fruit into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add Ice: Add the ice cubes.
- Add Coconut Water: Pour the coconut water over and stir. Top with optional coconut chips, granola or optional toppings and enjoy right away.
Tips for Success
Before you grab your ingredients, be sure to check out these extra tips for making nature’s cereal.
- Drain Berries Well: After you wash your berries, drain them thoroughly. This keeps excess water from making its way into your cereal.
- Serve Immediately: If you leave this dish out for too long before digging in, the berries will become very mushy. I don’t recommend trying to make nature’s cereal ahead of time.
- Use Coconut Ice: Worried about your fruit cereal getting too watery? Pour some coconut water into your ice tray the night before and use it in your bowl the next morning!
Fruit Cereal Variation Ideas
Nature’s cereal can be made in so many different ways. Here are some ideas for how to switch it up!
- Make Omissions: Not a fan of blackberries? Don’t have any pomegranate seeds? Whatever the reason, feel free to omit ingredients as you see fit.
- Add Lemon: For a citrusy twist on this breakfast bowl, add in some fresh lemon juice and/or zest. Lime juice works great too!
- Tropical Version: Another thing you can do is switch up the fruit entirely. For tropical fruit cereal, use mangoes, pineapples and kiwi instead of berries!
- Add Granola: Craving a bit of crunch to go along with this fruity breakfast bowl? Add a couple scoops of your favorite keto granola before serving.
More TikTok recipes we love:
Made with fresh berries, pomegranate seeds and pure coconut water, this recipe for Nature's Cereal is a fruit-filled dream come true! Popularized on Tik Tok, this antioxidant-rich breakfast will keep you energized all day long.
- 1/2 cup blueberries , rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup blackberries , rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup raspberries , rinsed and drained
- 2 strawberries , rinsed and drainedand chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup coconut water . 100% pure
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1/2 tbsp coconut chips
- 1 tbsp granola
Add your fruit into a medium-sized bowl.
Add the ice cubes
Pour the coconut water over, stir. Top with optional coconut chips and enjoy right away.
Recipe can be doubled or tripled to serve more people.
Leave a Comment