This Dalgona Strawberry Milk is made with just 4 simple ingredients and is a fruity twist on the popular Korean coffee known as Dalgona Whipped coffee that is trending on TikTok and Instagram. This healthy whipped strawberry milk recipe is refined sugar free and vegan with paleo and low carb sweetener options.
If you’ve been spending more time on social media these days now that you’re staying home more, chances are you’ve heard of or seen the viral Dalgona coffee, the latest trend on TikTok, Twitter and on Instagram. This trending TikTok coffee is a popular Korean beverage, also known as whipped coffee. It’s super thick, creamy and frothy and made with just 3 easy to find pantry ingredients.
But have you seen the latest kid-friendly Dalgona Strawberry Milk? Our vegan version is so easy to make with just 4 ingredients and is a fun and fruity spin on the original whipped coffee. And we even have a Dalgona Matcha recipe if you’re a tea lover!
What is Whipped Strawberry Milk
Many of the Dalgona Whipped Strawberry Milk recipes use just 3 ingredients. You take strawberry milk powder and combine it with heavy cream or aquafaba for a vegan version. You whip it up until you get a fluffy cloud and then top it over milk, coffee, or even some keto ice cream for a refreshing summer treat.
Ingredients you need to make Whipped Strawberry Milk:
All you need are 4 main ingredients to make our vegan and paleo dalgona strawberry milk. The great thing about this recipe is that it’s so easy to customize no matter what diet you are following.
We tested this easy strawberry milk recipe out a ton of different ways using various sweeteners, milks and here is what we came up with:
- aquafaba for vegan dalgona strawberry (can sub with coconut cream or heavy whipping cream if not dairy-free)
- cream of tartar – helps your strawberry milk gets thick and fluffy
- maple sugar (any granulated sweetener such as coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener)
- powdered freeze-dried strawberries (can sub with Strawberry Nesquick or any strawberry milk powder)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- unsweetened almond milk: or use any milk you like or have on hand (about 3/4 – 1 cup)
How to make Dalgona Strawberry
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat the aquafaba on high speed until it starts to foam up, about 5 minutes.
- Stop the mixer then add the cream of tartar, sweetener and freeze-dried strawberries. Turn your mixer to low and slowly start to beat until the powdered strawberries are incorporated then increase the power to medium until thickened and glossy.
- Fill a stemless wine glass with ice and milk until it’s about 3/4 full.
- Top with whipped strawberry.
TO SERVE COLD:
- Add ice cubes to a large glass and pour milk over the ice. Add a few tablespoons of whipped strawberry and enjoy with a spoon or a straw.
Tips for making the best whipped Dalgona strawberry milk
Do I have to use Strawberry Nesquick?
You can use powdered freeze-dried strawberries or any powdered strawberry milk you like or have on hand.
Do I have to use a hand mixer
No. You can also use a stand mixer (if you’re making a larger batch). Do not try using a regular whisk since it does not always work and will take lots of arm powder and at least 30 minutes to get creamy and thick so I recommend using a hand mixer if you plan on making this whipped strawberry milk a ton while staying indoors.
We tested five different sugars and sweeteners.
The original whipped coffee recipe uses granulated sugar or brown sugar. Since we wanted to make ours paleo with keto and low carb options, we also tried:
- maple sugar OR coconut sugar for a paleo whipped coffee
- granulated monk fruit sweetener, golden monk fruit sweetener and powdered Stevia to make a Keto Dalgona Strawberry version
What milk can I use
The original Dalgona coffee recipe from South Korea uses regular cow’s / dairy milk. For a vegan whipped coffee, we used:
- unsweetened almond milk (our favorite is Malk Organics or Elmhurst)
- any other plant milk: oat milk or unsweetened cashew milk would work as well
Other drink and strawberry recipes you might like:
Watch the video to see how easy Dalgona whipped coffee is to make:
This Dalgona Strawberry Milk is made with just 4 simple ingredients and is a fruity twist on the popular Korean coffee known as Dalgona Whipped coffee that is trending on TikTok and Instagram. All you need is heavy whipping cream or aquafaba for vegan, Strawberry Nesquick and your favorite granulated sweetener.
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba , can also sub with 1/2 cup coconut cream or heavy whipping cream if not dairy-free
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar , leave out if using coconut cream or heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons granulated paleo sweetener , such as maple sugar OR coconut sugar. You can also use granulated monk fruit sweetener, powdered stevia or granulated sugar instead. (read my blog post for tips)
- 2 tablespoons powdered freeze-dried strawberries , can also sub with Strawberry Nesquik or any brand of powdered strawberry milk
- 3/4 - 1 cup unsweetened almond milk , you can also use any milk you like
- ice cubes
- hand mixer OR stand mixer
Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat the aquafaba (or coconut cream or whipping cream) on high speed until it starts to foam up (or reaches stiff peaks), about 5 minutes.
Stop the mixer then add the cream of tartar, sugar, and freeze-dried strawberries.
Turn your mixer to low and slowly start to beat until the powdered strawberries are incorporated then increase the power to medium until thickened and glossy. Fill a stemless wine glass with ice and milk until it's about 3/4 full.Top with whipped strawberry.
Fill a stemless wine glass with ice and milk until it's about 3/4 full. Top with whipped strawberry.
**Nutritional facts are based on using maple sugar and unsweetened almond milk. If using regular sugar or dairy milk, the nutritional value will be much higher.