This Strawberry Smoothie recipe is healthy, nutritious and so easy to make with only 5 ingredients. It’s full of fiber, protein, simple to customize and makes a delicious and refreshing breakfast or snack.
HEALTHY STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE BREAKFAST RECIPE
If you’re looking for a quick and healthy breakfast or snack, smoothies are one of the easiest things you can make. They are portable and perfect if your mornings are busy and you need something quick to fill you up when you’re on the go.
What I love about making these strawberry breakfast smoothies is that they are ready in under ten minutes and packed with simple ingredients you probably already have in your fridge or freezer.
It’s naturally sweet from the fresh or frozen strawberries and has that added protein from the coconut cream to help fill you up. Plus, this recipe for a strawberry smoothie is super customizable so you can add any other ingredients you like or have on hand.
WHAT TO PUT IN A STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
Making a strawberry smoothie at home is one of the easiest things since you can use whatever you have in your fridge or pantry. I love how versatile these healthy shakes are.
You can just swap in your favorite fruit, vegetables and other spices and add-ins you like.
- frozen or fresh strawberries : are packed with fiber, vitamin c, and antioxidants, plus potassium.
- frozen mango chunks OR sub with cantaloupe for low carb / keto version
- fresh raspberries
- coconut cream OR yogurt if not dairy free
- water OR almond milk
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIES
- POUR LIQUID FIRST: You’re going to start by adding the water or almond milk to your high speed blender. Adding the liquid first helps to make the other ingredients blend much faster.
- ADD GREENS OR SOFTER FRUIT & VEGGIES: Next, add any spinach, kale and other soft fruits such as fresh berries. Feel free to add sweeteners, protein powder and any extra flavorings / spices you like.
- TOSS IN FROZEN OR HARD FRUIT LAST: If you’re using frozen strawberries, add them in.
BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE VARIATIONS:
You can also change up these easy smoothie recipes with any add-in choices that you like:
- coconut water
- matcha powder or brewed green tea
- cocao powder
- for dairy free: almond milk, soy milk or oat milk
- avocado: a low carb and dairy free way to add creaminess to a keto strawberry smoothie
- ripe frozen banana (adds thickness as well) for a strawberry banana smoothie
- water kefir
- chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds: for added fiber and protein
Make smoothie bowls and add your favorite toppings.
OTHER VEGGIES YOU CAN USE:
- cauliflower – adds bulk
If NOT Whole30, paleo & dairy is okay:
- plain yogurt, Greek yogurt or vanilla yogurt – add to the freezer for 20 minutes and it tastes just like ice cream
- peanut butter, almond butter or sunflower seed butter for extra added protein
- gluten free oats for extra staying power
ARE STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIES ACTUALLY HEALTHY?
Some fruits smoothie recipes and smoothie bowls are loaded with sugar and other unnecessary ingredients that can actually make you gain weight.
This Whole30 strawberry smoothie without yogurt is not only dairy free, gluten free and sugar free, it’s also low fat, low carb, Whole30 and paleo friendly.
By using the right combination of ingredients, you can create keto smoothies that taste good and may even help you lose weight if that is your goal.
Wondering how many calories are in this paleo strawberry smoothie recipe. The nutritional information for one serving of this low carb strawberry smoothie is:
- 142 calories,
- 7g NET carbs = 11g Total Carbs – 5g Fiber
- 4g protein
- 4g fat
This strawberry smoothie with almond milk does not contain any added sweeteners. Depending on your taste, diet and preference, you are totally free to add any sweetener of your choice:
- maple syrup
- raw honey
- ripe banana
- dried dates
- fresh grapes
- coconut sugar
- low carb sweeteners: monk fruit sweetener, erythritol, SWERVE or stevia
TIPS FOR MAKING A STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE TASTE GOOD
- try to use organic strawberries – Costco and Trader Joe’s sell quality frozen strawberries all year round
- always add liquid to the blender first to help make the other ingredients blend easier and quicker
- use a mix of frozen and fresh fruit and / or vegetables to make the smoothie cold and thick
- taste and add more fruit / seasonings / sweeteners and liquids to your desired consistency / preference
More healthy smoothies:
This Strawberry Smoothie recipe is healthy, nutritious and so easy to make with only 5 ingredients. It's full of fiber, protein, simple to customize and makes a delicious and refreshing breakfast or snack.
- 3/4 - 1 cup water or almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut cream OR plain yogurt (if not dairy free / Whole30 / paleo)
- 8 fresh raspberries
- 2 cups frozen sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons cantaloupe for low carb / keto OR frozen mango chunks
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender in order that they appear. (Water, coconut cream, raspberries, strawberries and cantaloupe. )
- Blend on high until completely smooth or until desired consistency is reached. Add more or less water as well as a sweetener of your choice depending on your preference