This Low Carb Breakfast Casserole is a perfect make ahead keto breakfast idea! An easy egg bake recipe made with spinach, zucchini, ham, cheddar and feta cheese. Less than 10 minutes to prepare and perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, Christmas or any weekend brunch.
PIN HERE for later and follow my boards for more recipe ideas
WHAT BREAKFAST FOODS HAVE NO CARBS?
If you’re looking for low carb breakfast ideas for various health or weight loss reasons, eggs are a great option.
They are easy to make plus they’re full of nutrients, protein, low carb, paleo and keto-friendly.
A few of our go-to breakfast recipes we make are these Breakfast Egg Muffins, Avocado Egg Cups or these Baked Egg Cups that are perfect during the busy school week.
And when we’re craving eggs for breakfast on the weekend but don’t want scrambled eggs, that’s when we make a low carb breakfast casserole. Keto breakfast casseroles only take 10 minutes to prep and they’re the perfect last minute breakfast option for feeding a crowd.
Baking everything into a pretty casserole dish is a great way to fancy up breakfast for a special occasion like Easter, Mother’s Day and Christmas.
You can’t beat how easy they are to make with just a few simple ingredients. Plus, easy breakfast bakes are perfect for serving overnight guests.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE A LOW CARB BREAKFAST CASSEROLE:
Most healthy breakfast casseroles start off with:
- various protein choices include: like chicken, turkey, ham or sausage
- vegetables such as zucchini, spinach, kale, asparagus, tomatoes
- seasonings: salt & black pepper
KETO BREAKFAST CASSEROLE WITH SAUSAGE:
Is sausage keto-friendly? Yes, you can have sausage on a low carb diet as long as it’s not high in sugar or nitrates.
Aidells, Pederson’s Natural, Applegate and Teton are a few brands that have low carb / keto compliant sausages.
HOW TO MAKE A LOW CARB BREAKFAST CASSEROLE:
For this low carb breakfast casserole you’re going to start off:
- BEAT THE EGGS: In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and coconut cream together. Season with salt and pepper along with any other spices or herbs you like. Smoked paprika, thyme or oregano would be great in here.
- STIR IN VEGGIES: Stir in spinach, zucchini, mushrooms and chopped ham.
- POUR IN PAN: Pour into a 9×13 casserole pan and top with tomatoes.
- ADD CHEESE: Sprinkle in cheddar and feta.
- BAKE: Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set.
WHAT ELSE OTHER TOPPINGS CAN I ADD TO THIS GLUTEN FREE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE?
This easy breakfast egg casserole is so versatile and would be great with just about any vegetable or protein you like. Feel free to swap the spinach for kale, broccoli, asparagus, peppers, mushrooms, onions or asparagus.
And instead of chopped ham you can use cooked bacon, sausage or shredded chicken.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS EASY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Can you freeze breakfast casseroles? Absolutely. The great thing about this keto breakfast egg casserole is that you can make it ahead of time and it is freezer-friendly. You can meal prep a batch on Sunday and portion it out into individual servings.
Cut into squares or leave whole – wrap in plastic wrap and store portions in a large freezer bag or individual containers.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT BREAKFAST CASSEROLES?
To reheat, thaw and blot with paper towel and reheat portions in the microwave or whole in the oven at 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until warmed through.
REASONS WE LOVE THIS LOW CARB BREAKFAST CASSEROLE:
I love how easy casserole bakes are to customize. They are great for using up leftovers in the fridge and perfect for those that love savory foods for breakfast and brunch.
This breakfast casserole is the perfect choice when you’re having guests over for a holiday meal. You can also make it at the beginning of the week and just reheat a square for a quick breakfast on the go.
More breakfast recipes you might like:
Low Carb Breakfast Casserole - an easy make ahead keto breakfast egg bake recipe made with spinach, zucchini, ham, cheddar and feta cheese. Less than 10 minutes to prepare and perfect for Easter, Mother's Day, Christmas or any weekend brunch.
- 10 large eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut cream OR heavy cream (if not Whole30 / Paleo)
- Himalayan salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup organic spinach
- 1 small zucchini sliced into rounds
- 1/3 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 cup sliced cremini or button mushrooms
- 3 cherry tomatoes sliced in half, vertically
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
Crack eggs into medium-sized bowl. Add coconut cream and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until well-combined. Stir in spinach, zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes.
Spray a 9x13 pan with avocado or coconut oil cooking spray. Pour egg mixture then top with more tomatoes. Add cheddar, and feta.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until eggs are set and not jiggly. Remove from oven once edges of casserole are golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Leave a Comment