This homemade Cake Batter Ice Cream features sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, cake mix, and sprinkles and is the perfect way to curb those cake cravings. Whip up a batch of this no churn creamy delight that doesn’t require an ice cream maker and get ready to savor every spoonful of this irresistible frozen treat!
Updated July 2023
Birthday Cake Ice Cream
Get ready to delight in every spoonful of this homemade Cake Batter Ice Cream. With its creamy no churn ice cream texture, delightful sprinkles, and customizable toppings, this frozen treat is the perfect way to satisfy your cake cravings. Whether it’s a special occasion or you simply want to treat yourself to a delightful dessert, this homemade ice cream is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Bursting with the classic taste of cake batter goodness, adorned with colorful sprinkles, and offering optional toppings for an extra touch of indulgence, this homemade ice cream recipe is a must for celebrating life’s sweet moments with a scoop of this extraordinary ice cream creation!
Ingredients for Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: To achieve a lusciously sweet base, we start with sweetened condensed milk. Whether you prefer fat-free or regular, it adds the perfect level of sweetness to our ice cream. For those seeking a dairy-free option, Coconut Sweetened Condensed Milk is a fantastic substitute.
- Heavy Cream (or Cool Whip): To create a creamy and rich texture, we use heavy cream. If you’re looking for a convenient alternative, you can opt for a 16-ounce container of Cool Whip. For a dairy-free twist, coconut cream, vegan coffee creamer, or Cocowhipare excellent substitutes.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor profile, adding a delightful aroma and depth to our cake batter ice cream.
- Funfetti or Yellow Boxed Cake Mix (or Flavor Fountain Cake Batter Emulsion): To infuse our ice cream with that beloved cake batter taste, we incorporate funfetti or yellow boxed cake mix. For a gluten-free option, Pillsbury Gluten-free Premium Funfetti Cake Mix or Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix are great choices. Alternatively, Flavor Fountain Cake Batter Emulsion intensifies the cake batter flavor, creating a truly remarkable treat.
- Sprinkles: No cake batter experience is complete without sprinkles! Choose from Organic Naturally Colored Sprinkles, Vegan Sprinkles, or Keto Sugar-Free Sprinkles to add a touch of color and whimsy to your ice cream. We’ll be using these sprinkles in two parts, creating a delightful surprise with each bite.
How to make Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Whip the Heavy Cream to Perfection: Begin by using a hand mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment to whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. This step ensures a light and fluffy texture, setting the stage for an incredible ice cream experience.
- Blend the Flavors: Add the sweetened condensed milk and pure vanilla extract to the whipped cream. Continue mixing until the ingredients are well blended. Next, introduce the dry cake batter mix (funfetti or yellow boxed cake mix, or Flavor Fountain Cake Batter Emulsion). Keep whisking until the mixture is combined and becomes light and fluffy.
- Fold in the Sprinkles: Gently fold in half of the sprinkles, reserving the other half for later. This step adds bursts of color and a delightful crunch to the ice cream, bringing the cake batter experience to life.
- Freeze and Garnish: Pour the creamy mixture into a freezer-safe container. Sprinkle the remaining half of the sprinkles on top, creating a visually stunning treat. Cover the container and place it in the freezer for at least 4-5 hours or overnight, allowing the ice cream to solidify.
Tips for a Perfect Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Whip Cream to Stiff Peaks: Be sure to whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. This step guarantees a light and airy texture, resulting in a dreamy ice cream consistency.
- Use a Freezer-Safe Container: Opt for a freezer-safe container with a tight-fitting lid to prevent ice crystals from forming. This ensures that your ice cream maintains its optimal texture and flavor.
- Get Creative with Toppings: Elevate your cake batter ice cream by adding optional toppings. Consider crumbling Oreo cookies or sprinkling chocolate chips over each scoop for an extra layer of indulgence and texture.
Storage and Freezer Instructions
Once your Cake Batter Ice Cream is fully frozen, it can be stored in the freezer for up to a month. Make sure to tightly seal the container to preserve its freshness and prevent any unwanted freezer odors from affecting the taste. With a stock of this homemade delight on hand, you’ll always be ready to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Classic Ice Cream Sundae: Serve a generous scoop of Cake Batter Ice Cream in a bowl and top it with whipped cream, additional sprinkles, and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Indulge in the ultimate ice cream sundae experience.
- Ice Cream Sandwiches: Create scrumptious ice cream sandwiches by placing a scoop of Cake Batter Ice Cream between two cookies of your choice. Roll the edges in extra sprinkles for a burst of color and a playful twist.
- Milkshakes: Blend the Funfetti Ice Cream with a splash of milk to create a delightful milkshake. Top it with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry for an extra touch of charm.
Variations and Substitutions
- Gluten-Free Option: If you’re following a gluten-free diet, you can use Pillsbury Gluten-free Premium Funfetti Cake Mix or Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix as a substitute for the traditional cake mix.
- Dairy-Free Twist: For a dairy-free alternative, replace the heavy cream with options such as coconut cream, vegan creamer, or Cocowhip. You can also use dairy-free sweetened condensed milk for the perfect dairy-free cake batter ice cream.
- Flavor Experiments: Don’t be afraid to explore different cake mix flavors to create unique variations of your Cake Batter Ice Cream. From chocolate to red velvet, let your taste buds guide you on a flavorful journey.
- Mix-Ins: Add your favorite mix-ins, like chopped nuts or cookie dough, to introduce new textures and flavors.
- Cake Batter Emulsion: If you can’t find the Flavor Fountain Cake Batter Emulsion, substitute it with 2 teaspoons of LorAnne Butter Vanilla Emulsion for a similar cake batter essence.
More homemade ice cream recipes you will love:
This homemade Cake Batter Ice Cream features sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, cake mix, and sprinkles and is the perfect way to curb those cake cravings. Whip up a batch of this no churn creamy delight that doesn't require an ice cream maker and get ready to savor every spoonful of this irresistible frozen treat!
- 1-1/3 cups sweetened condensed milk , fat free or regular - add more if you like it sweeter. For those seeking a dairy-free alternative, Coconut Sweetened Condensed Milk works like a charm.
- 2 cups heavy cream , can also use one 16 ounce container of Cool Whip instead. Those with dietary restrictions can explore options like coconut cream, vegan coffee creamer, or Cocowhip as dairy-free alternatives.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup funfetti or yellow boxed cake mix from Pillsbury or Betty Crocker ** or use 2 tablespoons of Flavor Fountain Cake Batter Emulsion. For those who prefer gluten-free alternatives, Pillsbury Gluten-free Premium Funfetti Cake Mix or Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix are excellent options. Alternatively, you can experiment with Flavor Fountain Cake Batter Emulsion to intensify the delectable cake flavor.
- 1/3 cup sprinkles divided. Choose from a wide range of options such as Organic Naturally Colored Sprinkles, Vegan Sprinkles, or Keto Sugar-Free Sprinkles to add a pop of color and a delightful crunch to each spoonful.
- Oreo cookies , crumbled (gluten-free or regular)
- chocolate chips , (dairy-free or regular)
Using your hand mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Add the condensed milk and vanilla and whip until blended. Next, add the dry cake batter mix and continue whipping until combined and light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in half of the sprinkles reserving the other half.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container and add remaining sprinkles to the top. Cover and freeze for at least 4-5 hours or overnight.
**If you can't find the Flavor Fountain Cake Batter Emulsion substitute with 2 teaspoons of LorAnne Butter Vanilla Emulsion
Disclaimer: This updated post was generated on July 6, 2023 by ChatGPT, an AI language model, and all info should be reviewed and validated by a human for accuracy and relevancy before implementation.