This chocolate ice cream cake recipe is amazing and has a coffee crunch! This treat is the perfect no-bake dessert for summer. Chocolate ice cream cake is an easy four ingredient dessert made with no churn coffee ice cream, melted chocolate, coffee, and chocolate rice cereal. It’s delicious!
With so many different versions of easy ice cream cake recipes floating around on Pinterest, like this Nutella Crunch Ice Cream Cake from A Family Feast, it is easy to want to try them all out! We figured we could try it in our own kitchens, and wow, we loved every second of it. This ice cream recipe is inspired by that delicious Nutella cake.
Why This Ice Cream Cake With Coffee Crunch Is So Good
This ice cream cake was such a hit with my family! We love this recipe for the following reasons:
- It contains our favorite no churn vanilla ice cream in addition to some instant coffee.
- The crispy bits found throughout the cake are some of the most rich and delicious chocolate-y flavors all thanks to the Cocoa Rice Krispies.
- This chocolate ice cream cake recipe contains melted chocolate. Delicious, right? It’s full of flavor.
- It’s versatile. This crunchy cake will also taste amazing with chocolate Cap’N’Crunch or Cocoa Pebbles.
- It was seriously the easiest cake we have ever made, and you only need 4 ingredients!
How do I make this yummy chocolate ice cream cake?
This recipe is super easy! Just follow these steps:
- Combine boiling water with the instant coffee. Set aside.
- On the stove-top or in the microwave, warm the chocolate chips (in 30-second increments if using microwave). Melt the semi-sweet chocolate until smooth. Immediately whisk half of the hot instant coffee mixture into the chocolate. Reserve the rest of the coffee.
- Add the rice cereal to a large bowl, and pour the melted chocolate mixture over the cereal. Stir to coat. Pull out the vanilla ice cream from the freezer and place on the counter to soften.
- Line a cookie sheet or large flat plate with parchment paper and spread the chocolate coated cereal on top. Place the cereal mixture in the freezer to harden for about 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and break the cereal into small bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the softened vanilla ice cream with the remaining instant coffee, and then stir in the 1-1/2 cups of chocolate coated cereal.
- Pour the mixture into a 6-inch spring form pan while spreading evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining crunchy cereal and press down.
- Place the pan in freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight to harden and take form.
- When ready to serve the chocolate ice cream cake, remove the cake from the freezer. Use a slim paring knife to run around the edges of the spring form pan, and then remove the sides.
- Place on your favorite serving plate and top with more cereal if desired. Cut and serve.
Notes For This Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- Regular Rice Krispy Treats will work just fine if the chocolate kind cannot be found.
- Definitely pull out the vanilla to soften. We definitely encourage this step!
- Do not serve until the cake has hardened in the freezer!
You Will Love These Other Ice Cream Cake Recipes
- Cookies and Cream Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Peach Cobbler Ice Cream Cake with Cinnamon Cereal Crust
- Nutella Chocolate Banana Ice Cream Cake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Ice Cream Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Icebox Cake
Mocha Coffee Crunch Ice Cream Cake is the perfect no bake dessert for summer. It's an easy 4 ingredient dessert made with a no churn coffee ice cream, melted chocolate, coffee, and chocolate rice cereal.
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee + 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup semi-sweet melted chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups of chocolate crispy rice cereal like Cocoa Rice Krispies, Cocoa Pebbles or Cap'N'Crunch
- 1 quart or 5 cups of no churn vanilla ice cream (or use your favorite brand), softened
- Combine boiling water with instant coffee. Set aside.
- On the stove-top or in the microwave in a heat-safe bowl in 30-second increments; melt semi-sweet chocolate until smooth. Immediately whisk half of the coffee mixture.
- Add the rice cereal to a large bowl and pour melted chocolate over and stir to coat.
- Line a cookie sheet or large flat plate with parchment paper and spread the coated cereal on top. Place in the freezer to harden (about 30 minutes) then remove and break cereal into small bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, remove vanilla ice cream from freezer and place on counter to soften.
Mix the softened ice cream with the remaining coffee. Then stir in the 1-1/2 cups of coated cereal.
- Pour into a 6-inch springform pan spreading evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining crunchy cereal, and press down.
- Place pan in freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight to harden and set up.
- When ready to serve, remove cake from the freezer. Use a slim paring knife run around the edges of the springform pan and then remove the sides.
- Place on your favorite serving plate and top with more cereal if desired.
- Cut and serve.
Slightly adapted from A Family Feast