Cookies and Cream Oreo Ice Cream Cake is the perfect no bake summer birthday or celebration cake. Best of all, it’s loaded with rich & creamy vanilla and chocolate ice cream, a layer of Oreo cookies, Tim Tam chocolate biscuits and whipped cream.
- Cake Batter
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Cookies and Cream
- Black Forest
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel
- Mint Chocolate – you can have a different one for just about any day of the week!
We never got ice cream cakes for our birthdays when we were younger so I’m totally making up for it now.
Luckily, they aren’t very hard to make at all so why not make one for yourself and save the trip to Dairy Queen or Baskin Robbins.
This Cookies and Cream Oreo Ice Cream Cake is a classic favorite with everything you love about cookies and cream in a dreamy frozen dessert.
You can use either homemade or your favorite storebought ice cream.
And the best part though? This recipe works great if you want to make it ahead of time.
Once the cake is assembled – just wrap it up loosely with tin foil and store it in your freezer prior to decorating it.
Assembling the Cookies and Cream Oreo Ice Cream Cake
Start off by setting out the chocolate and vanilla ice cream on the counter until they get nice and melty.
While you’re waiting, make the soft Oreo cookie crust. (use gluten free cookies if necessary)
Press the finished crust gently into the bottom and the lower sides of a 6″ springform pan.
For a 9″inch, just increase the amounts by about 1.5 times/
Fold in some crushed Oreo cookies with the chocolate ice cream, then spread it over the Oreo crust.
There’s a delicious layer of Tim Tam biscuits between the chocolate and vanilla ice cream.They add a delightful chocolatey crunch and really complement the cookies and cream flavor.
If you can’t find them, feel free to leave it out or you can add crushed more Oreo cookies or chocolate wafers instead
When you’re ready to serve it, spread a thin layer of freshly whipped cream or your favorite whipped topping and pipe on some rosettes.
Throw on some more crushed cookies in the middle and arrange the whole Oreo cookies in a circle.
You might also like:
Cookies and Cream Oreo Ice Cream Cake + VIDEO
A rich and creamy double layer Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake, loaded with Oreo cookies, Tim Tam chocolate biscuits and whipped cream. Perfect for a summer birthday celebration!
- Cookie Crust
- 25 Oreo cookies (or any chocolate sandwich cookie)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2.5 cups of your favorite chocolate ice cream, softened (homemade or storebought)
- 2.5 cups of your favorite vanilla ice cream, softened ( homemade or storebought)
- 12 Oreo cookies (crushed)
- 8 Tim Tam Chocolate Biscuits, crushed (optional)
- Whipped Cream Frosting or Cool Whip
- 8 Oreo Cookies
- a handful of crushed Oreo cookie crumbs
- sprinkles, optional
For Whipped Cream Frosting
- 2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the cookie crust - In the bowl of a food processor, add the entire Oreo cookies (no need to remove the cream filling) and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the milk and melted butter and blend until well combined. Press mixture into the bottom and sides of a 6" springform pan. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes - 1 hour to set.
- Take out the chocolate ice cream to soften (about 20 - 30 minutes) and stir occasionally until smooth and spreadable. Stir in half of the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Spread chocolate ice cream evenly over the cookie crust using an offset spatula if needed. Top with crushed Tim Tam biscuits if desired.
- Place in freezer to harden for about 20 minutes while taking out the container of vanilla ice cream to soften. Once softened, mix in the other half of the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Spread evenly to make the top layer.
- Return to freezer and allow to set for at least 2-3 hours, or ideally overnight.
- When ready to serve, let the cake sit at room temperature for about 3-5 minutes, and run a knife around the inside of the cake pan. Open the springform mold gently; it should release easily from the slightly melted cake..
- Before serving, spread a layer of whipped cream frosting over the ice cream, pipe on rosettes if desired and arrange Oreo cookies in a circular design. Crumble any leftover cookie crumbs in the middle of the cake and place an Oreo cookie on top. Top with sprinkles if desired.
- Return to the freezer to set up for about 15 minutes or serve immediately.
- To make the whipped cream frosting
- In a chilled bowl, beat the cream until frothy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and vanilla while beating.
- Whip until light and a thick enough consistency to spread as an icing.
- Use immediately.
**If you want to make a 9" cake instead, just increase the amount of ingredients by 1.5.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!