This Edible Cookie Dough recipe is an easy low carb & vegan-friendly snack or dessert that takes less than 10 minutes to make in just one bowl! It’s no bake and a perfect healthy option for those times you are craving a sweet treat and made with simple pantry ingredients.
PIN HERE for later and follow my boards for more recipe ideas
HEALTHY EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH
If you love nibbling on cookie dough when baking cookies, this easy cookie dough recipe is perfect for you! This edible cookie dough is safe to eat, super easy to make, and a healthy alternative to store bought options. It is the perfect snack for a little extra fuel or to satisfy a sweet tooth craving with everyday ingredients already in your pantry. This edible cookie dough recipe doesn’t even require you to turn on the oven or dirty a baking sheet!
Not only is this homemade cookie dough customizable, but it is keto-friendly, gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free, low carb and sugar-free. It is full of protein and healthy fats, which is perfect for an after dinner dessert or post-workout energy. It is not everyday you find a vegan cookie dough recipe and the best part is you can make it ahead of time, or eat it immediately then wash it down with your favorite type of milk!
WHAT IS EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH?
This cookie dough is not meant to cook, it is meant to mix together and store in the fridge, freezer, or eat right after you make it.
IS COOKIE DOUGH SAFE TO EAT?
The reason you are warned not to eat raw cookie dough is because most recipes have specific ingredients you cannot eat raw. Unlike most cookie dough recipes, this recipe is made with ingredients that are completely safe to eat without cooking them. They contain no raw eggs or raw flour, which means you can eat them immediately after mixing all the ingredients together.
Raw eggs and raw flour can cause foodborne illnesses, so when they are cooked it kills the contaminates and makes the recipe safe to eat.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR VEGAN COOKIE DOUGH
Typical cookie dough recipes contain brown sugar, salted or unsalted butter, eggs, all purpose flour, and sugar. The difference about this recipe is that it is much healthier, and does not contain the raw ingredients that you have to cook before enjoying.
- Nut Butter: we like cashew butter for the best truffles but you can also use almond butter, peanut butter, sun butter or tahini if you want nut-free cookie dough balls.
- Pure maple syrup: you’ll need 3 tablespoons or add more or less to taste. You can also sub with Lakanto SF maple syrup OR preferred sticky liquid sweetener of choice. Date syrup, coconut flower nectar syrup or honey if not vegan
- Almond milk: or use any plant-based dairy-free milk such as oat milk or cashew milk. You can use regular milk if not vegan.
- Almond Flour: I used superfine blanched almond flour for this vegan truffles recipe.
- Coconut flour – adds structure and sweetness to help give these truffles the perfect soft cookie-dough texture. You can also
- Vanilla extract – A good quality vanilla extract is essential for maximum yumminess.
- Cinnamon + Sea Salt: for flavor and helps to balance out the sweetness
- Dairy-Free Chopped Chocolate or Chocolate Chips: Use a good quality dairy-free brand – we like Lily’s Sweets.
Some great add-ins are peanut butter, chopped nuts, dried or freeze-dried berries. Another way to spice up this recipe is by adding chunks of this cookie dough to your favorite ice cream or chocolate cake!
HOW TO MAKE EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH:
- In a medium bowl, add the cashew butter, maple syrup, unsweetened almond milk and vanilla extract then mix until smooth.
- Stir in the almond flour, cinnamon and salt and mix until a dough forms. Add more liquid OR flour as needed to form a dough-like consistency. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes or enjoy immediately.
HOW TO STORE VEGAN COOKIE DOUGH
The best way to store this tasty vegan snack is by storing it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days, storing in the freezer for up to 3 months, or enjoy it immediately.
If you decide to store the cookie dough in the freezer, make sure you take out the amount you want a few minutes beforehand to thaw slightly before eating it.
More cookie dough recipes:
This edible cookie dough recipe is an easy low carb & vegan-friendly snack or dessert that takes less than 10 minutes to make in just one bowl! It's no bake and a perfect healthy option for those times you are craving a sweet treat and made with simple pantry ingredients.
- 3 tbsp creamy cashew butter , (can also sub with peanut butter, almond butter, tahini or sunbutter)
- 3 tablespoons Lakanto maple syrup OR pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk , use as needed to reach desired consistency
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Lily's no sugar-added chocolate chips OR chopped chocolate
Combine all the ingredients together in the order they appear in a medium mixing bowl using a fork and use your hands to knead into a dough. Add more liquid OR flour as needed to form a dough-like consistency.
Enjoy as is or cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Leave a Comment