These Vegan Fajita Bowls are easy to make and packed with roasted sweet potatoes, red bell peppers, spicy seasoned tofu, mixed greens and served with cauliflower rice and guacamole. A healthy and veggie packed lunch or dinner to satisfy that Chipotle craving. Gluten-free, grain-free, vegan and include paleo, low carb and Whole30 swaps.
Updated February 2021
Easy Vegan Fajita Bowl Recipe
Looking for a an easy dinner for busy weeknights? These Vegan Fajita Bowls are full of healthy veggies, plant-based protein and perfect when you want a Mexican-inspired dinner but don’t feel like having tacos.
They are packed with flavor and made with roasted sweet potatoes, red bell peppers, baby spinach and tofu served over a bed of cauliflower rice and perfect when you’re craving fajitas or a burrito bowl from Chipotle.
Why we love this healthy recipe
Quick and easy to make: Fajitas are something that my family says they can have on the regular since they take about 30 minutes to put together.
Simple to customize: You can pretty much use any protein and veggies you like on hand to suit your family. The girls in our house always choose these Vegan Fajita Bowls while the boys in the family love these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas, Steak Fajitas and Shrimp Fajitas.
Lots of options for toppings and serving choices: You can even add some grain-free nachos for an added crunch or serve with your favorite rice if you’re not a fan of cauliflower rice.
Suitable for multiple dietary lifestyles: Naturally gluten-free, grain-free and can easily be made paleo, Whole30, low carb and keto with just a few swaps.
Works great for meal prep: Everything can be made ahead of time and stored in lunchbox or meal prep containers.
Ingredients you need
For the healthy fajita bowls:
- Sweet potato, cut into chunks – leave out for low carb / keto and swap with broccoli, cauliflower or other low carb veggie of choice
- Red bell pepper
- Cauliflower rice
- Extra firm tofu, cut into 1-inch squares – leave out for paleo, Whole30 and swap with protein of choice
- Taco seasoning
- Baby spinach or mixed greens of choice
- Fresh cilantro
- Red pepper chili flakes
How to make Vegan Fajita Bowls
- ROAST THE VEGGIES: Preheat the oven to 350F. Add the sweet potatoes and bell peppers to a large baking sheet. Toss with oil, salt and pepper and roast in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- COOK THE TOFU: Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and and leave undisturbed until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Add cajun spice, juice of half a lime and salt and pepper and allow to cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- MAKE THE SIDES: Cook the cauliflower rice until soft and make the guacamole. Mash avocado with the rest of the lime juice and some salt and pepper.
- ASSEMBLE THE BOWLS: Build your fajita bowls – red peppers, sweet potato, tofu, cauliflower rice, handful of salad or spinach and guacamole. Top with some chopped fresh cilantro and red pepper chili flakes.
Storage and Reheating Tips
How to Store
Store any leftover veggie fajita bowls in an airtight container (or a few containers for meal prep) in the fridge.
How to Reheat
When ready to serve, reheat in the microwave on 50% power, stirring occasionally, until warmed through (which should take a few minutes).
More fajita recipes you will love:
More healthy vegan recipes you will love:
Made with spicy tofu, roasted sweet potatoes, red bell peppers and more, these Vegan Fajita Bowls are sure to satisfy that Chipotle craving! They're served with fluffy cauliflower rice and creamy guacamole for the ultimate meatless meal.
- 1 medium sweet potato scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks (you can peel them or leave the skin on) - swap with broccoli, cauliflower or other low-carb veggie for keto
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 9 oz extra firm tofu pressed, drained and cut into 1-inch squares. Leave out for paleo/Whole30 and sub with protein of choice
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning OR sub with Cajun spice seasoning
- 1 lime
- 2 avocados
- 2 cups baby spinach or mixed greens
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Red pepper chili flakes for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350F. Add the sweet potatoes and bell peppers to a large baking sheet. Toss with oil, salt and pepper and roast in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and and leave undisturbed until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Add taco seasoning, juice of half a lime and salt and pepper and allow to cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook the cauliflower rice until soft and make the guacamole. Mash avocado with the rest of the lime juice and some salt and pepper.
Build your bowl - red peppers, sweet potato, tofu, cauliflower rice, handful of salad or spinach and guacamole. Top with some chopped fresh cilantro and red pepper chili flakes.
- To Store: If you expect to have leftovers, hold off on assembling all bowls. It's best to refrigerate each component in a separate airtight container. Build and enjoy bowls within 2-3 days of making everything.
- To Reheat: When ready to assemble bowls, reheat roasted veggies, tofu and cauliflower rice separately in the microwave. Heat each component at 50% power in short 15-20 second intervals until heated through. Then build bowls and serve.
- To Freeze: Store separate components in freezer-friendly containers and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw out frozen rice, tofu, veggies and guac in the fridge before reheating and/or assembling the bowls.