Grilled Chicken Fajitas – the perfect easy and healthy one pan meal for busy weeknights. Best of all, ready in 30 minutes with instructions for the grill or on a skillet. Full of Tex Mex inspired flavors with low carb / keto-friendly options.
Fajitas are a family favorite around here:
These easy Low Carb Grilled Chicken Fajitas come together quickly in about 30 minutes and can be made all in one pan or on the grill in about 30 minutes.
It’s an easy dinner recipe that you can make anytime you feel like throwing a Mexican fiesta or during a busy weeknight.
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB GRILLED CHICKEN FAJITAS TWO WAYS:
- You’re going to start off by seasoning the chicken with the homemade Tex-Mex inspired seasoning. It’s a blend of chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Or if you already have a favorite brand of fajita seasoning, you can certainly use that instead to cut down on prep time.
- Add the chicken to a large zip-top bag and pour in some olive oil and fresh lime juice. Seal and press the bag down so the flavors meld into the chicken.
- Cut the onions and bell peppers into thin slices
- Preheat the grill (or grill pan) to medium-high. Clean grill with brush and grease grates generously with oil to prevent sticking.
- Add vegetables to a grill tray and cook until softened, stirring often.
- Place the chicken directly on the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
WHAT ABOUT FOR SUNDAY MEAL PREP?
These Low Carb Chicken Fajitas can also be made ahead of time for meal prep Sunday.
Divide everything out into lunch containers (shown below with cauliflower rice) to enjoy them throughout the week.
- slice vegetables thin so they cook evenly with the chicken
- add more chili powder and some red chili flakes if you prefer more heat
- make ahead by slicing the vegetables the night before
- season and marinate the chicken overnight in the fridge
More recipes you might like:
Grilled Chicken Fajitas - the perfect easy and healthy one pan meal for busy weeknights full of Tex Mex flavors. With low carb options.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 medium chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- 4 medium bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- lime wedges
- sliced avocado
- warm tortillas flour or corn
- low carb tortillas or cauliflower rice
In a resealable small jar, combine all the ingredients for the seasonings. Seal and shake well. Reserve 1 1/2 teaspoons for the bell peppers.
In a large resealable bag, combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lime juice and 5 teaspoons of the fajita seasonings. Add the chicken to the bag and seal. Press the marinade into the chicken and allow to marinate while you prepare the vegetables (or chill in the refrigerator until ready to use).
- Slice the the onions and bell peppers.
- Preheat the grill (or grill pan) to medium-high heat. Clean grill with brush and grease grates generously with oil to prevent sticking.
Add vegetables to a grill tray and cook until softened, stirring often.
Place the chicken breasts directly on the preheated grill. Cook chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 1/4-inch chunks.
Serve hot with heated tortillas, avocado slices and lime wedges plus any other toppings of your choice.
- Serve over some lettuce or cauliflower rice.
- Divide evenly into lunch containers.