Easy Steak Fajitas are tender, juicy and full of flavor! Best of all, they come together super quick and are perfect for busy weeknights. Marinated in a homemade fajita spice blend and cilantro lime marinade.
They are full of flavor and seriously so simple to make. Everything comes together in one pan in under 30 minutes. This recipe is another one of those easy meals on our regular rotation. You can make it anytime you feel like throwing a Mexican fiesta or during a busy weeknight.
The steak is seasoned with a homemade fajita seasoning mix and a super flavorful cilantro lime marinade. You won’t have to let the steak marinate all night if you’re in pinch or forgot. Just let the steak sit while you get your other ingredients ready.
Slice up the onions and peppers and fry them up in your skillet. For these steak fajitas, we used a mix of red, orange, yellow and red bell peppers but you can use any combination of peppers you have on hand. I also sliced up a red onion to brighten things up even more!
Then you just sear the steak and allow it to cook to your liking.
And if you’re not a fan of steak, you can swap in chicken or shrimp (those versions will be coming in the next few months) and adjust the cooking time.
HOW TO MAKE THESE EASY STEAK FAJITAS
- Start off by making the homemade fajita seasoning. It’s a blend of chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Or if you already have a favorite brand of fajita seasoning, you can certainly use that instead.
- Combine the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, mustard and fajita seasonings for the steak marinade. Pour the marinade over the steak reserving 1 tablespoon for drizzling at the end.
- Cut the onions and bell peppers into thin slices
- Heat a large 12″ skillet over medium high heat and cook the onions until soft and fragrant, then add the bell peppers. If you like them with a nice crunch – cook for about 3-5 minutes. And if you like them softer, leave them on for about 3 minutes longer. Transfer and set aside on a plate.
- Melt butter on the same skillet and sear the steak. Allow to sear for 3 to 4 minutes (or more depending on how done you like your steak) on each side. Transfer steak to a cutting board and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips. Add the reserved steak marinade to the skillet and add the steak strips until just heated. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with warm tortillas.
- For a low carb version, you can use these low carb tortillas , serve over some lettuce or cauliflower rice.
- add more chili powder and some red chili flakes if you prefer more heat
- make ahead by slicing the vegetables the night before
- if you have time, marinate steak overnight for even more flavor
These Easy Steak Fajitas also be made ahead of time for meal prep Sunday.
Divide everything out into lunch containers to enjoy them throughout the week.
More recipes you might like: