Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – a quick, simple and tasty one pan meal with minimal clean-up is perfect for busy weeknights. Best of all, this easy 30 minute, quick fajitas recipe can be served over a bed of lettuce, cauliflower rice or with low carb tortillas for a keto-friendly dinner.
Quick and simple dinners are the ones I turn to the most during busy weeknights.
These easy Sheet Pan Chicken are a spin off of our steak and sheet pan shrimp fajitas. My husband is obsessed with tacos, enchiladas and fajitas so you can usually find a variation of any of those on regular rotation around here. A few of his favorites include:
Everything for these sheet pan chicken fajitas cooks up on just one baking pan, and you can’t beat the easy clean up.
The chicken takes just a few minutes to prepare and bakes up juicy, tender and full of flavor.
For the bell peppers, I used red, orange, yellow and red for a nice and colorful rainbow. Feel free to use any combination you like or have on hand.
HOW TO MAKE SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS
- Start off by mixing together the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder and salt. If you have a favorite brand of fajita seasoning, you can certainly use that instead.
- Combine the 5 teaspoons of the seasoning along with olive oil and lime juice and pour into a large resealable bag. Press the bag into the chicken so the flavors have a chance to distribute evenly. Allow to sit while you prepare the vegetables.
- Slice the onions and bell peppers into thin strips. Spread the vegetables onto one or two large baking sheets as needed. Drizzle with olive oil and 2 teaspoons of the reserved seasoning. Toss to coat well.
- Spread the chicken in a single layer onto the sheet pan(s), making sure not to overcrowd everything.
- Bake in preheated oven until vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through (chicken is done once it reaches 165 F.). If you like your vegetables a little bit more tender, you can add them in a few minutes before the chicken. To keep your vegetables on the crunchy side – bake them for a few minutes less.
- Serve with warm tortillas, an extra splash of lime juice, cilantro and any other toppings of your choice.
- For a low carb, keto version, you can use these low carb tortillas , coconut wraps, or serve over some lettuce or cauliflower rice.
These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas can also be made ahead of time for meal prep Sunday.
Divide everything out into lunch containers (shown below with cauliflower rice) to enjoy them throughout the week.
CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE NOTES:
- slice vegetables thin so they cook evenly with the chicken
- add more chili powder and some red chili flakes if you prefer more heat
- make ahead by slicing the vegetables the night before
- marinate the chicken in the fridge overnight for maximum flavor
- keep tortillas warm and soft by microwaving between sheets of paper towel, then place into a tortilla warmer for serving.
More fajitas recipes you might like:
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional, or to taste
FOR THE FAJITAS:
- 2 medium chicken breasts cut into 1/4" strips
- 4 medium bell peppers thinly sliced into strips
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced into strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes juiced, divided
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- sliced avocado
- warm tortillas flour or corn
FOR LOW CARB: low carb tortillas or cauliflower rice, for serving
FOR MEAL PREP: lunch containers
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking sheet (mine was 18 x 13 - use two if necessary). For easier clean up, you can also line with parchment paper or foil.
In a resealable small jar, combine all the ingredients for the seasonings. Seal and shake well. Reserve 1 1/2 teaspoons for the vegetables.
In a large zip-top bag, add the chicken and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and juice from 1 lime. Add 5 teaspoons of the seasonings. Seal bag and press down to allow the flavors to meld. (if prepping this ahead of time, you can also marinate the chicken in the fridge overnight)
Slice bell peppers and onions into thin strips. Spread them in an even layer on the baking sheet (do not overcrowd - use two sheet pans if necessary). Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and season with remaining seasonings. Toss to coat well.
- Push the vegetables to the sides of the pan and add the chicken to the pan. Try not to overlap too much and keep everything in a single layer.
Bake in preheated oven for 17-22 minutes (flipping chicken and tossing vegetables halfway through) or until peppers are tender and chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 F. (You can remove vegetables first if chicken is not cooked yet).
Serve with warm tortillas with sliced avocado and your favorite toppings.
To bake tortillas: wrap in aluminum foil and add to the top rack of oven while the chicken is baking for about 5 minutes.
FOR LOW CARB: Serve in low carb tortillas, over salad or cauliflower rice.
FOR MEAL PREP: Divide into lunch containers over cauliflower rice and wrap tortillas separately.
Nutrition information does not include toppings or tortillas