Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – a quick, simple and tasty one pan meal with minimal clean-up is perfect for busy weeknights. Best of all, this easy 30 minute, quick fajitas recipe can be served over a bed of lettuce, cauliflower rice or with low carb tortillas for a keto-friendly dinner.
Quick and simple dinners are the ones I turn to the most during busy weeknights.
These easy Sheet Pan Chicken are a spin off of our steak and sheet pan shrimp fajitas. My husband is obsessed with tacos, enchiladas and fajitas so you can usually find a variation of any of those on regular rotation around here.
Everything for these sheet pan chicken fajitas cooks up on just one baking pan, and you can’t beat the easy clean up.
The chicken takes just a few minutes to prepare and bakes up juicy, tender and full of flavor.
For the bell peppers, I used red, orange, yellow and red for a nice and colorful rainbow. Feel free to use any combination you like or have on hand.
HOW TO MAKE SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS
- Start off by mixing together the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. If you have a favorite brand of fajita seasoning, you can certainly use that instead.
- Spread the vegetables onto one or divide into two baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and 1/3 of the seasoning. Toss to coat well.
- Combine the rest of the seasoning along with olive oil and lime juice and toss over the chicken. (For maximum flavor, allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes or covered in the refrigerator up to 3 hours).
- Spread the chicken in a single layer onto the sheet pan(s), making sure not to overcrowd everything.
- Bake in preheated oven until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 F. If you like your vegetables a little bit more tender, you can add them in a few minutes before the chicken. To keep your vegetables on the crunchy side – bake them for a few minutes less.
- Serve with warm tortillas, an extra splash of lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro.
- For a low carb, keto version, you can use these low carb tortillas , coconut wraps, or serve over some lettuce or cauliflower rice.
These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas can also be made ahead of time for meal prep Sunday.
Divide everything out into lunch containers (shown below with cauliflower rice) to enjoy them throughout the week.
CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE NOTES:
- slice vegetables thin so they cook evenly with the chicken
- add more chili powder and some red chili flakes if you prefer more heat
- make ahead by slicing the vegetables the night before
- if you have time, marinate chicken with seasonings for at least 30 minutes or covered in the fridge up to 3 hours for maximum flavor
- keep tortillas warm and soft by microwaving between sheets of paper towel, then place into a tortilla warmer for serving.
More fajitas recipes you might like:
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/4" strips
- 4 medium bell peppers seeded and thinly sliced (I used red, yellow, orange and green)
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes juiced, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional, or to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- sliced avocado
- warm tortillas flour or corn
FOR LOW CARB: low carb tortillas or cauliflower rice, for serving
FOR MEAL PREP: lunch containers
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking sheet (mine was 18 x 13 - use two if necessary). For easier clean up, you can also line with parchment paper or foil.
Combine the seasonings in small bowl and mix. Spread the vegetables in an even layer on the baking sheet (do not overcrowd). Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and season with one third (1/3) of the seasonings. Toss to coat well.
In a large bowl, add the chicken and drizzle with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and juice from 1 lime. Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 of the seasonings. Toss to coat well. (If time permits, allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes for more flavor).
- Push the vegetables to the sides of the pan and add the chicken to the pan. Try not to overlap too much and keep everything in a single layer. (Use two sheet pans if necessary).
Bake in preheated oven for 18-26 minutes (flipping chicken and tossing vegetables halfway through) or until peppers are tender and chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 F. (You can remove vegetables first if chicken is not cooked yet).
Serve with warm tortillas with sliced avocado and your favorite toppings.
To bake tortillas: wrap in aluminum foil and add to the top rack of oven while the chicken is baking for about 5 minutes.
FOR LOW CARB: Serve in low carb tortillas, over salad or cauliflower rice.
FOR MEAL PREP: Divide into lunch containers over cauliflower rice and wrap tortillas separately.
Nutrition information does not include toppings or tortillas