Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas – the perfect easy and healthy one pan meal for busy weeknights. Best of all, bursting with chili lime flavors & served with low carb tortillas. Ready in just 20 minutes and easy to customize with chicken or steak.
Another favorite? FAJITAS.
They are full of flavor and seriously so simple to make. Everything comes together on one sheet pan in just 20 minutes. This low carb shrimp fajitas recipe is on regular rotation whenever we need a super fast and tasty weeknight dinner.
I love making seafood on a sheet pan because it takes no time at all to cook. Plus the shrimp comes out juicy and flavorful and pairs perfectly with the fresh and colorful veggies.
For these sheet pan shrimp fajitas, I used red, orange, yellow and red bell peppers but you can use any combination of peppers you have on hand. I also sliced up a red onion to brighten things up even more!
And if you’re not a fan of seafood, you can swap in chicken or steak (both versions coming soon) and adjust the cooking time.
HOW DO YOU MAKE SHEET PAN SHRIMP FAJITAS?
- Start off by tossing the vegetables and shrimp with olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Or if you already have favorite brand of fajita seasoning, you can certainly use that instead.
- Spread everything into a nice and even layer onto a large rimmed sheet pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until vegetables are tender and shrimp are just cooked. If you like your vegetables a little bit more tender, you can add them in a few minutes before the shrimp. To keep your vegetables on the crunchy side – bake them for a few minutes less.
- Serve with warm tortillas, an extra splash of lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro.
- For a low carb version, you can use these low carb tortillas , serve over some lettuce or cauliflower rice.
SHRIMP FAJITAS RECIPE NOTES:
- slice vegetables thin so they cook evenly with the shrimp
- add more chili powder and some red chili flakes if you prefer more heat
- make ahead by slicing the vegetables the night before. Use a sharp knife, or make the job super quick by using a food processor
- if you have time, marinate shrimp with seasonings for at least 20 minutes for even more flavor
These Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas can also be made ahead of time for meal prep Sunday.
Divide everything out into lunch containers to enjoy them throughout the week.
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas - the perfect easy and healthy one pan meal for busy weeknights. Best of all, bursting with chili lime flavors & served with low carb tortillas. Ready in just 20 minutes and easy to customize with chicken or steak.
- 1 1/2 pounds medium white shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 medium bell peppers seeded and thinly sliced (I used red, yellow, orange and green)
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes juiced and divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro for serving
- lime wedges for serving
- sliced avocado for serving
- warm tortillas flour or corn, for serving
FOR LOW CARB: low carb tortillas or cauliflower rice, for serving
FOR MEAL PREP: lunch containers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line with parchment paper or foil for easier clean cup.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, peppers and onions together. Drizzle with olive oil and juice from 1 lime. Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Toss everything well to coat with seasonings.
- Spread the shrimp and vegetables in an even layer on prepared sheet pan. Try not to overlap too much and keep everything in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-13 minutes until peppers are tender and shrimp is cooked through and no longer pink. Broil on high for 2 minutes so the shrimp gets that nice char (optional).
- Drizzle with additional lime juice and chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve in heated tortillas with sliced avocado and your favorite toppings.
FOR LOW CARB: Serve in low carb tortillas, over salad or cauliflower rice.
FOR MEAL PREP: Divide into lunch containers over cauliflower rice and wrap tortillas separately.
- To bake tortillas: wrap in aluminum foil and add to the top rack of oven while the shrimp is baking for about 5 minutes.