Steak Fajita Foil Packets are the perfect easy & low carb meal for summer grilling, camping and cookouts. Best of all, they’re loaded with all your favorite Tex Mex flavors. Paleo, whole 30, gluten free & keto friendly meal.
Patio season is here in full swing and we have been grilling. all. the. things.
One of our favorite thing to throw on the barbecue? Fajitas.
My husband is a big fajita-fan so fajitas of any kind happen a lot around here.
And you know what else happens during the summer? Foil packet meals. Foil pack meals are ALL the rage right now. They are just so darn simple to put together with practically no clean up. The last thing any of us want is to be stuck indoors when it’s nice outside.
This recipe for Steak Fajita Foil Packet is the perfect easy dinner recipe to have in your back pocket for summer. It’s got all those favorite Tex Mex flavors we love from our local Mexican restaurant.
HOW TO MAKE STEAK FAJITA FOIL PACKETS
- Start off by mixing together the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder and salt. If you have a favorite brand of fajita seasoning, you can certainly use that instead.
- Slice up the steak into thin pieces or chunks and add to a large resealable bag and add olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, Worcestershire sauce and half of the fajita seasonings.
- Divide between four 18 x 12 sheets of foil (you can also add a layer of parchment paper inside the foil if you prefer using parchment paper instead).
- Cut your vegetables and arrange around the steak. Drizzle with olive oil and the remaining seasoning.
- Seal up the foil packets and bake or grill to tender perfection. (Add beans, rice or cheese if desired).
- Serve with heated tortillas, avocado, an extra splash of lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro.
- For a low carb, keto version, you can use these low carb tortillas, coconut wraps,or serve over some lettuce or cauliflower rice.
FOIL PACKETS ARE GREAT FOR SUMMER GRILLING AND CAMPING:
Foil packets are so convenient for summer and you can’t beat how simple and easy they come together.
The great thing about these Steak Fajita Foil Packets is that they are low carb, paleo and keto friendly – perfect for swimsuit season!
But if you’d rather have a heartier or complete all in one meal with (like say for a camping trip), you can easily add some black beans, cheese and even some rice to bulk them up.
CAN I MAKE THESE STEAK FAJITA FOIL PACKETS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, absolutely. These Steak Fajita Foil Packets would be perfect for meal prep Sunday.
Just divide everything out into lunch containers (shown below with cauliflower rice) to enjoy them throughout the week.
More dinners you might like:
- Heavy Duty Foil plus parchment paper if preferred
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional or to taste
- 12 ounces flank steak sliced into 1/4" strips across the grain
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 medium bell peppers
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- For serving:
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- sliced avocado
- warm tortillas flour or corn
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the ingredients for the seasonings in small bowl or bag and mix.
In a large zip-top bag, add the steak and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, juice from 1 lime, Worcestershire sauce and chopped cilantro. Sprinkle with 2/3 of the fajita seasonings. Seal the bag and press down to evenly distribute the flavors. (if making this ahead, you can allow the steak to marinate overnight in the fridge).
Cut eight 18 x 12 inch squares of foil* and lay out on a flat surface. Divide into four piles where each foil packet has two pieces. (or line the inside with parchment paper if preferred).
Divide the steak slices into each foil packet.
Cut the veggies into thin strips and drizzle with olive oil and the remaining 1/3 of the seasoning mix. Divide evenly into each packet, arranging them around the steak.
- Fold the foil over the steak and seal to close off the packets.
Place foil packets onto grill and grill for 6-8 minutes, then flip over and grill for an additional 3-4 minutes for medium (or until desired doneness).
- Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets.
- Serve with warm tortillas with sliced avocado and your favorite toppings.
- Place foil packets on a baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes (or until desired doneness, rotating tray once). Remove baking sheet from oven.
Serve with heated tortillas with sliced avocado and your favorite toppings.