Learn how to make the perfect Holiday Cheese Board : Ingredients and tips to assemble an epic Christmas party appetizer tray with festive colors and flavors. No cooking required and takes less than 20 minutes.
Pin HERE for later and follow my boards for more recipe ideas
The holidays are here in full swing and that means tons of entertaining and Christmas holiday parties to attend.
Cheese boards and charcuterie boards are the best for entertaining because they are quick and easy to put together and they are always a crowd-pleaser.
You can make your cheese board as simple as you like with just a few of your favorite pantry ingredients. Or make a stunning and extravagant centerpiece and pile on as many artisan spreads and crackers you’ve been saving.
Your guests will love having all the delicious choices to choose from. The best part about making cheeseboards is that there is no cooking and no baking required. Just perfect when you’re trying to save that precious stove and oven space.
Having a variety of ingredients for your Christmas cheese board is key when you’re feeding a crowd — that way there is something for everyone.
And if you’re looking for more entertaining ideas, we’ve already got a few popular snack and cheeseboards on our site that you can check out here:
Low Carb Cheese Platters – 2 Ways
How to Make the Best Cheese Board – 6 Ways
How to Build the Perfect Fall Cheese Board
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE ULTIMATE HOLIDAY CHEESE BOARD:
CHRISTMAS CHEESE BOARD INGREDIENTS:
1. THE CHEESE BOARD:
There are lots of items you can use as your cheese board:
Cheese is and should be the star of any amazing holiday cheese board so be sure to pick up some good quality cheeses.
Pick a variety of about 3-5 cheeses depending on how large your board is.
- semi-hard cheese
- hard cheese
It’s a good idea to arrange the cheeses first on your cheese board and then start assembling the rest of the ingredients around then.
For these cheeseboards, we used:
- Aged Cheddar
- Brie – rich and creamy
- Blue Cheese
- Smoked Gouda – cut into cubes
- Goat Cheese
Be sure to set the cheese out to come to room temp prior to serving.
3. What type of Charcuterie / Meats should I use for the best Cheeseboard?
Use a variety of your favorite cured or deli meats with different textures.
Seafood (such as smoked salmon) makes a great option to add to give your guests more choices.
For the perfect Christmas cheeseboard, here are some great options you can easily find:
- Salami / Sausage
- Smoked Salmon
- Beef Jerky
- Pepperoni Sticks
- Grilled Shrimp
Since this is a Holiday Cheese Board, it would be a great idea to choose meats that are smoked with maple, sage and other flavors of the season.
4. CRUNCHY SNACKS / CRACKERS FOR THE BEST FALL CHEESE BOARD:
I love using 2-3 different types of crackers. Some conventional square crackers to crunchy or long bread-sticks are some great breads to start off with.
Just lay them on the cheese board around the meet and wherever there are opening.
- square crackers
- crunchy breadsticks
- cheese sticks
- mini baguettes
- cheese crisps
- salty crackers
FOR LOW CARB / KETO -FRIENDLY – Leave out the crackers and use crispy cheese bites (Whisps) and pork rinds instead.
5. WHAT FRUITS & VEGGIES ARE BEST IN AN CHRISTMAS CHARCUTERIE BOARD?
Adding seasonal fresh fruit and veggies not only adds a bright pop of color but they also add flavor and texture.
Use a variety of dried and fresh fruit you like or have on hand.
For a festive Christmas Cheese Board, you can try adding:
- Orange – or other citrus
- Pears – Bosc, Bartlett
- Dried Apricots
- Fresh Berries (Strawberry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Raspberry)
- Broccoli – low carb
- Cauliflower – low carb
- Cucumbers – low carb
- Freeze-Dried Raspberries – low carb
- Olives – low carb
- Radishes – low carb
- Red Bell Peppers – low carb
- Plaintain Chips
- Zucchini – low carb
7. Nuts and other extras / condiments
Use your favorite nuts, sauces and spreads.
- almonds – low carb
- pecans – low carb
- pumpkin seeds
- macadamia nuts – low carb
- Pili nuts – low carb
- apple butter
- fig spread
- Blue Cheese
- Smoked Gouda
- OTHER CHEESES:
- Brie, Goat Cheese, Manchego, Havarti etc.
- Genoa Salami
- Smoked Salmon
- 2-3 varieties of crackers breadsticks, mini toast bites
- Seasonal vegetables broccoli cauliflower carrots, cucumber, tomatoes & red bell peppers
- Dried fruits: apricots cranberries plaintain chips
- Fresh berries or other fruits: apples, cranberries, pears , grapes, pomegranates, clementine or other citrus, plums etc.
- 2-3 types of nuts, marcona almonds, pistachios, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, macadamia nuts etc.
- Apple Butter
- Fig Spread
- Place the cheeses on a large cookie sheet, platter, slate board or wooden cutting board.
- Arrange the meats around the cheeses.
- Add crackers or crispy snacks.
- Fill in gaps with vegetables, fruits and nuts. Use small bowls or cups for extra dimension. Top with fresh herbs and flowers for a pop of color. Enjoy.
Healthy Kitchen 101 -
Thanks for the tips! I just had a lovely cheese board for the christmas dinner and definitely having another one for new year Eve! Cannot resist these divine combinations xD – Natalie