How to Build a Brunch Board – shake up your weekend and holiday brunch with an epic brunch board. Tower everything on a pretty plate or cutting board just like your favorite cheese or charcuterie board.
Brunch boards are perfect for a lazy Sunday, Mother’s Day, Easter, the holidays or just because you realize that school is starting and summer is almost coming to an end.
And if you’re looking for more ideas, we’ve already got a few popular snack boards on our site that you can check out here:
HOW TO MAKE AN EPIC BRUNCH BOARD:
The great thing about building a brunch board is how versatile it is. Pile on anything you like. Use up what you have in your fridge and pantry.
First things first – you’re going to start off with the base:
WHAT INGREDIENTS CAN YOU PUT ON A BRUNCH BOARD?
- fluffy low carb waffles
- thick greek yogurt pancakes
- your favorite fresh fruit: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peach, pear, grapes, cherries, kiwi, figs, nectarines, mandarin oranges, apples etc.
- your favorite cheese: cheddar, brie, gouda, blue cheese etc.
- your favorite meat / protein: proscuitto, bacon, salami, smoked salmon etc.
- nuts: pecans, walnuts, almonds etc.
- crackers or bread
CHOOSE YOUR THEME:
You can make pancakes, waffles, a breakfast sandwich or even donuts the star of your brunch board.
CAN YOU MAKE A BRUNCH BOARD IN ADVANCE?
To help make the morning prep easier, make your waffles or pancakes ahead of time and freeze them. Then when you’re ready, just pop them in the oven and they’ll crisp up beautifully.
Granola bars, energy bites and donuts can all be made in advance. And oatmeal cooks up super quick and perfectly creamy in the Instant Pot.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE A BRUNCH BOARD:
You can assemble the brunch board with fruit, cheese and other additions up to 2 hours in advance.
- Start with you main star of the brunch. In this case, we are going with waffles so you’ll place those down first on your board.
- Arrange your favorite seasonal fruit. Try to add a variety for color in each area.
- Add a few pieces of cheese.
- Place any cured meats in any spaces left.
- Add small bowls for any spreads, jams or maple syrup.
- Fill in any extra gaps with nuts and some more fruit.
- Add fresh herbs for color.
All that’s left to do is gather up your favorite people and enjoy1
How to Build a Brunch Board - shake up your weekend and holiday brunch with an epic brunch board. Tower everything on a pretty plate or cutting board just like your favorite cheese or charcuterie board.
- Crispy Bacon
- Genoa Salami
- Smoked Salmon
- Fresh vegetables or greens of your choice
- Fresh berries or other fruits strawberries blueberries, blackberries, blueberries, pineapple & watermelon
- 2-3 types of nuts almonds pecans, walnuts, pili nuts, macadamia nuts etc.
- FRUIT JAMS HONEY OR GREEK YOGURT
- Place the waffles (or pancakes) on a large cookie sheet, platter, slate board or wooden cutting board.
- Arrange the meats and cheeses around the waffles.
- Fill in gaps with vegetables, fruits and nuts. Use small bowls or cups for extra dimension. Top with fresh herbs and flowers for a pop of color. Enjoy.