This Keto Baked Feta Pasta is a low carb twist on the popular baked feta dish from Finland. It’s made with cherry tomatoes, feta, avocado oil, dried herbs and hearts of palm noodles and the perfect easy weeknight dinner.
Keto Baked Feta Pasta Recipe
Chances are by now you have seen the viral Baked Feta Pasta all over social media lately. We’ve made it a ton of times already and shared it three different ways.
This Keto Baked Pasta is for my low carb and grain-free readers. It’s made with cherry tomatoes, feta, avocado oil, dried herbs and instead of wheat pasta, I used hearts of palm noodles. It comes together quickly and makes the perfect easy weeknight dinner.
Where did Baked Feta Pasta Originate
I was doing some reading to try to provide the proper credit for this dish and it apparently originates in Finland. Jenni Häyrinen created the #Uunifetapasta in 2019 but I it was also blogged about by another Finnish blogger named Tiiu who posted about it in 2018 on her blog lainahoyhenissa back in February of 2018.
This popular Tik Tok pasta recipe got so viral that feta cheese sold out all across Finland. Grilled Cheese Social shared her experience making this recipe in 2019.
- Baked Feta Pasta is a simple dinner that is essentially made by adding cherry tomatoes to a baking dish and drizzling with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- You add a block of feta into the center, add oregano and bake until the tomatoes are bursting.
- Then you break up the tomatoes and feta and mix until creamy.
- Finally, add cooked pasta into the dish and stir to coat. Garnish with fresh chopped garlic and basil
After watching lots of different versions, I decided to create my own keto version.
Ingredients you need for this Low Carb Baked Feta Pasta
- Whole Cherry Tomatoes
- Olive Oil – I used Avocado Oil since that’s what I typically keep on hand
- Salt + Black Pepper
- Dried Herbs: the original recipe uses oregano
- Feta – feel free to use your favorite feta – I have tried using regular feta, goat’s milk feta, sheep’s milk feta and one 7-ounce block of Violife’s Feta Style and they are all delicious options.
- Garlic – minced
- Cooked Pasta – I used Palmini Noodles. A few other keto pasta options you can use are shirataki noodles, cooked spaghetti squash noodles or zucchini noodles
- Fresh Basil – chopped finely
- Lemon zest + lemon juice
- Dried herbs of choice: rosemary or thyme would be great
- Red pepper chili flakes
How to make Keto Baked Feta Pasta
This low carb TikTok Pasta requires just a few simple steps and could not be more simple to make. Be sure to read the step-by-step instructions and watch the video below on how to make it.
- PREPARE OVEN: Preheat oven 400F.
- ADD TOMATOES AND OIL: Add cherry tomatoes to a 9×13 baking dish or casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- PLACE FETA IN THE CENTER: Make a well in the center and add the block of feta. Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- ROAST THE TOMATOES AND FETA: Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tomatoes are juicy and most of them have bursted or read to burst.
- MAKE THE PASTA: Meanwhile, prepare the palmini noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- GARNISH WITH AROMATICS AND HERBS: Remove the baking dish from the oven and add garlic and half of the basil then stir with spoon until the tomatoes and feta are nice and creamy.
- ADD HEARTS OF PALM NOODLES: Stir in the noodles and toss to coat again. Add fresh basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
What feta is the best for this recipe.
You can use regular feta, sheep’s milk feta, goat’s milk feta or vegan feta. My family loved the version using a mix of sheep’s milk and goat’s milk best.
Best Keto pasta substitute
We used hearts of palm noodles here but spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, shiratake noodles or another low carb almond flour pasta or protein pasta would be a great option.
This pasta will last in the refrigerator for up to four days, and it is perfect for meal prep.
Just divide the pasta into reusable airtight containers, and lunch for the week is set. This is my favorite lunch container.
More keto recipes you will love:
This Keto Baked Feta Pasta is a low carb twist on the popular baked feta dish from Finland. It's made with cherry tomatoes, feta, avocado oil, dried herbs and hearts of palm noodles and the perfect easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 16-ounce package of cherry tomatoes (about 4 cups)
- 2-3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil OR avocado oil
- fine sea salt + fresly cracked black pepper , to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1 7-8 ounce block feta , any kind (we have tried this with regular and vegan versions)
- 2 cups Hearts of Palm Pasta Noodles , you can also sub with cooked spaghetti squash noodles or zucchini noodles
- 2-3 garlic cloves , minced + divided
- handful fresh basil , chopped + more for serving
- handful of baby spinach
- dried herbs
- lemon zest or lemon juice
- red pepper chili flakes
Preheat oven 400F. Add cherry tomatoes to a 2.5 quart baking dish or casserole dish (mine is 10.75 x 7.5). Add half of the garlic, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Make a well in the center and add the block of feta. Season with more salt and pepper and dried oregano and bake for 30-35 minutes or until tomatoes are juicy and most of them have bursted or read to burst. Broil for the last 1-2 minutes for golden brown color, if desired.
Meanwhile, prepare the noodles according to package directions and set aside.
Remove the baking dish from the oven and add half of the basil then stir with spoon until the tomatoes and feta are nice and creamy.
Stir in the noodles, baby spinach add the rest of the garlic and toss to coat again.
Top with remaining fresh basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm and enjoy.
This recipe is adapted from Grilled Cheese Social Baked Feta Pasta to be grain-free and dairy-free.