This Broccoli Cheese Casserole is an easy keto low carb recipe and the perfect comforting side dish for dinner. It’s super simple to make with broccoli, cheddar cheese, cauliflower rice, garlic and Parmesan cheese.
Updated October 2019
Comforting casseroles are the perfect dinner solution when life gets busy. Casseroles like this Cauliflower casserole, Green Bean Casserole and Breakfast Casserole are all made with simple pantry ingredients and perfect for using up leftovers. All you have to do is prep a few ingredients in the morning and pop the pan into the oven once you get home after a long day.
This Broccoli Cheese Casserole is packed with good for you veggies and full of cheesy goodness. The best part? It’s completely gluten free, grain free, sugar free and perfect if you’re following a low carb keto diet.
Plus, it’s super simple to make a head for Sunday meal prep and and also makes a great freezer-friendly meal. Don’t you just love when dinner is so easy and all you have to do is reheat it when you’re ready to serve?
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- heavy cream
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
- chicken broth
- shredded cooked chicken OR rotisserie chicken
- broccoli florets
- cauliflower rice
- Parmesan cheese
HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI CHEESE CASSEROLE
- PREHEAT OVEN: Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 9×13 baking pan or 2.5 quart casserole dish. Set aside.
- MAKE THE CREAMY SAUCE: You’re going to start off by heating the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir in flour. Slowly whisk in heavy cream and continue whisking until bubbly and thickened. Stir in Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, black pepper, cream cheese and 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and whisk until thickened and smooth.
- ADD VEGETABLES: Stir in chicken broth, cauliflower rice, chicken (if using) followed by broccoli and spinach, then toss to coat. Add more cheese or cream as needed for desired consistency.
- TRANSFER to a 9 x 13 baking pan or casserole dish and sprinkle with shredded cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
- BAKE until heated through and the top is slightly golden and serve hot.
WHAT ELSE CAN I SERVE THIS BROCCOLI CHEESE CASSEROLE WITH?
We make this casserole regularly since it’s a family favorite. It takes hardly any time to whip up and is so perfect for busy weeknights!
Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Cauliflower Casserole - the perfect comforting and easy side dish. Best of all, this recipe is keto friendly and packed with broccoli, cheese, cauliflower rice, garlic, and Parmesan.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons almond flour
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- sea salt & black pepper , to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese , divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth OR water , plus more as needed for creamy consistency
- 3 1/2 cups cauliflower rice about 1 head small cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken , leave out if desired
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 9x13 baking pan or 2.5 quart casserole dish. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir in flour. Slowly whisk in heavy cream and continue whisking until bubbly and thickened.
Turn heat down to low and stir in Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, black pepper, cream cheese and 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese. Whisk until thickened and smooth.
- Stir in chicken broth, cauliflower rice, chicken (if using) followed by broccoli and spinach, then toss to coat. Add more cheese or cream as needed for desired consistency.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan or 2.5 quart casserole dish.
Sprinkle with Parmesan and reserved cheddar cheese and bake for 37-42 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly golden.
- Serve hot and sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.