These Keto Overnight Oats are an easy make-ahead breakfast with less than 5 minutes of prep-time. They have all the delicious flavors of a hearty bowl of oatmeal without the grains or carbs. They’re gluten free, grain free, paleo and made with hemp seeds, chia seeds, shredded coconut, coconut flour and almond milk.
Looking for a healthy low carb breakfast but tired of eating eggs? My family is crazy about overnight oats and ever since following a grain-free diet due to my autoimmune flare-ups, I knew I had to come up with a low carb overnight oats.
These Keto Overnight Oat are full of protein, fiber and perfect if you’re following a low carb or keto diet. Faux oatmeal that you soak overnight are easy to make-ahead and so perfect for busy mornings.
There’s no cooking required and they are a delicious way to satisfy your craving for a hearty, warm bowl of oats without the grains or the carbs.
This low carb oatmeal has all the flavor and nutrition of easy overnight oats but without spiking your sugar level!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- chia seeds
- hemp hearts
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- coconut flour
- vanilla extract
- unsweetened almond milk OR coconut milk
- chopped nuts
- sunflower seed butter, almond butter, pecan butter, peanut butter or cashew butter
HOW TO MAKE KETO OVERNIGHT OATS:
- COMBINE INGREDIENTS: Add all the ingredients to a large container or jar with a lid. Stir until combined.
- CHILL IN FRIDGE: Cover with lid and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- SERVE WITH MORE MILK: When ready to serve, remove lid and stir, pour with more milk until desired consistency is reached.
- ADD TOPPINGS: Divide between two small bowls, add desired toppings/mix-ins and enjoy.
CAN I HAVE OATMEAL ON KETO / A LOW CARB DIET?
Regular oatmeal is made with rolled old fashioned oats which is high in carbs and is not suitable on a keto-lifestyle.
The base for our low carb oats recipe is made with hemp seeds, chia seeds and coconut flour. They are all grain free and low in carbs and can fit into your daily ketogenic macros..
How many carbs are in keto oatmeal?
The macros for one serving of keto oats are:
- 216 calories
- 9g Total Carbs – 6g Fiber = 3g NET Carbs
- 8g Protein
- 17g Fat
- 1g Sugar
TOPPING & SERVING SUGGESTIONS:
The great thing about this low carb overnight oats recipe is that it can be customized with your favorite add-in.
- Nut or seed butter: Almond butter, cashew butter, pumpkin butter, sunflower seed butter and or peanut butter add that savory-nutty flavor and a certain creaminess.
- Milk: Use your favorite milk you like or have on hand. To make overnight oats vegan, we use almond milk but coconut milk or cashew milk will work just fine.
- Fruit: Have fun with your toppings. Add low carb fruit such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or blackberries. Add them directly into the mason jar or toss them on directly on top of the oats when you’re ready to eat.
- Sweetener: Leave out or use any low carb liquid sugar substitute or sweeter such as monk fruit, SWERVE or erythritol will work.
- Nuts and seeds: sliced almonds, chopped walnuts, sunflower seeds pumpkin seeds, macadamia nuts or pecans
- Toasted coconut chips
- Cocao nibs or no sugar chocolate chips, we like Lily’s
CAN OATMEAL BE FROZEN?
If you make a large batch of oatmeal, divide them into individual servings in a muffin tin then place the pan in the freezer until they are hard.
Pop them out and store the oatmeal in a large zipper-lock plastic bag or an airtight container in the freezer.
In the morning, reheat in the microwave or oven when you’re ready for breakfast.
More low carb breakfasts:
These Keto Overnight Oats are an easy make-ahead breakfast with less than 5 minutes of prep-time. They have all the delicious flavors of a hearty bowl of oatmeal without the grains or carbs. They're gluten free, grain free, paleo and made with hemp seeds, chia seeds, shredded coconut, coconut flour and almond milk.
- toasted coconut
- sunflower seed butter or nut butter of your choice
- hemp seeds
- Add all the ingredients to a large container or jar with a lid. Stir until combined. Cover with lid and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours..
- When ready to serve, remove lid and stir, pour with more milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Divide between two small bowls, add desired toppings/mix-ins and enjoy.