Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp Skewers with Vegetables – a simple and tasty recipe perfect for summer grilling. Juicy shrimp and tender veggies are coated in an amazing buttery lemon garlic blend that are grilled to perfection.
Don’t forget to PIN HERE for later
Summer is all about grilling and lighter food at our house. When the weather is nice outside, there’s nothing better than spending time with family and enjoying a delicious and healthy meal out on the patio.
This recipe for Grilled Lemon Butter Shrimp Skewers is one of our favorite things to make. It’s fresh flavorful and perfect for lunch or as an appetizer for your next summer party. My kids love whenever we make kabobs since food on a stick is so much more fun.
The best part about these shrimp skewers is that you can even serve them along with your favorite side for a complete dinner. Plus, they’re also low carb, paleo and ketogenic friendly.
What I love about shrimp is that they are so simple and easy to cook. They grill up in just a few minutes so they are perfect for any night of the week.
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP SKEWERS:
- Start off by seasoning your shrimp and chopped vegetables with some coarse sea salt, black pepper and smoked paprika. I used a red onion along with yellow, red and green bell peppers but feel free to use any color you like.
- To make the shrimp marinade / sauce, whisk together some lemon juice, melted ghee (or butter for non Paleo) and minced garlic. Add in some freshly chopped parsley and brush over the shrimp.
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK SHRIMP ON THE BARBECUE?
Shrimp cook very quickly, so you’ll have to watch your shrimp to make sure they don’t overcook. Shrimp typically take about 2-3 minutes per side on the grill. You’ll be able to tell when the shrimp are done because they’ll turn pink and opaque.
WHAT SIZE SHRIMP IS GOOD FOR COOKING ON THE GRILL?
These shrimp are the jumbo sized shrimp and usually come in a bag of 16-20 per pound. You can use a smaller size if needed and the recipe will still be delicious.
WHAT CAN I SERVE THESE GRILLED LEMON SHRIMP SKEWERS WITH?
For a simple appetizer, you can serve this lemon garlic shrimp with some lemon slices and a sprinkle of chopped herbs. Or for a complete meal, add the shrimp over some pasta, cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles for a light and tasty meal.
Grilled Lemon Garlic Skewers
Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp Skewers with Vegetables - a simple and tasty recipe perfect for summer grilling. Juicy shrimp and tender veggies are coated in an amazing buttery lemon garlic blend that are grilled to perfection.
- Olive oil for the grill
- 1 lb about 24 raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 2-3 bell peppers a mix of colors - red, yellow, green or orange cut into bite-sized chunks (about 1 1/2")
- 1 red onion cut into bite-sized chunks (about 1 1/2")
- Himalayan Pink salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika optional
- Metal or wooden skewers*
- 3 tablespoons ghee melted (or butter for non Paleo)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the grill (or grill pan) to medium-high. Using a brush, clean the grill and grease with oil using a long pair of tongs with some folded paper towels dipped in some olive oil.
- Thread the shrimp, peppers and onions onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning and splintering.
- Season shrimp and vegetables with salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika if using).
- In a small bowl, combine the melted ghee (or butter), garlic, lemon juice and parsley together. Brush lemon butter sauce on both sides of shrimp, reserving some for later.
- Grill skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp is opaque and vegetables are tender or starting to brown just slightly.
- Brush remaining lemon sauce over the shrimp and allow to cook for 10 more seconds. Remove from heat and serve immediately.