This Keto Lemon Loaf is soft, moist and completely irresistible. Comes together in one bowl & uses simple pantry ingredients and better for you than the lemon loaf from Starbucks. This healthier version is gluten free, dairy free, low carb, keto and paleo friendly!
An Easy Starbucks Copycat Lemon Loaf
Are you a fan of the lemon bread from Starbucks? With this easy Keto Lemon Loaf recipe, you can make it right from home! If you’re not familiar with the Starbucks lemon loaf, it’s an extremely soft slice of dessert bread with a creamy glaze on top. It’s so good! And this version is even better.
While this sugar-free lemon bread is delicious as a dessert, it’s definitely healthy enough to eat for breakfast. It’s a great option if you like making your breakfast ahead of time. And if you don’t want to put the glaze on it, you can just stick with the bread itself. I recommend making the glaze though, because it’s amazing!
And if you’re following a plant-based diet, we also have a Vegan Lemon Loaf for you to check out instead.
Sugar-Free with Dairy-Free and Paleo options
This recipe is not only healthy, but you can also customize it to fit your dietary needs!
- There’s no dairy, no refined sugar or gluten in the recipe, and includes paleo options in the recipe
- An easy one bowl loaf recipe.
- Bakes up soft, fluffy, moist and perfect if you’ve always wanted to try the lemon bread at Starbucks
This gluten free lemon loaf recipe uses simple ingredients that are healthier than those used in your typical dessert bread. Plus, it all comes together in just one bowl.
For the Bread
- Eggs: gives the bread structure and helps them rise. Be sure to bring them to room temperature.
- Granulated monk fruit sweetener: you can also sub with coconut sugar or or maple sugar for a paleo lemon loaf
- Coconut oil: be sure to use refined coconut oil to avoid the coconut flavor. You can also sub with avocado oil or any neutral tasting oil.
- Lemon Juice: You’ll need the juice of 2 large lemons.
- Lemon Zest: About 2 lemon’s worth.
- Baking powder: helps the bread rise.
- Almond flour: our favorite gluten-free and grain-free flour for keto breads. Be sure to use superfine almond flour and not almond meal.
- Coconut Flour: To add structure and supplement the almond flour.
- Fine sea salt: just a pinch to balance out the sweetness
The glaze only uses 3 ingredients, and it’s easy to make in under 5 minutes. Whip it up while the bread is cooling and it will be ready to go when it sets.
For the Lemon Glaze
- Coconut butter (also known as coconut manna): a spreadable paste made by grinding coconut. We love this brand. You can also sub with powdered sweetener of your choice and mix that with some unsweetened almond milk until it reaches a thick glaze consistency if you don’t have coconut butter.
- Lakanto Sugar-free maple syrup or sub with your preferred liquid sweetener instead.
- Lemon juice + zest for garnish
How to Make Keto Lemon Loaf
- Preheat oven and line your baking pan: Line your loaf pan with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray before you begin. This will ensure that your bread won’t stick to the pan once it comes out of the oven. You’ll also want to set your oven to 350 degrees and let it preheat while you prepare the batter.
- Mix the wet ingredients: Grab a medium to large mixing bowl and beat your eggs and maple sugar. Once that’s done, add the coconut oil, lemon juice and lemon zest, stirring until the mixture is silky smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients: Place a large mesh sieve over your bowl and sift in the baking powder, almond flour, coconut flour and salt. After all the dry ingredients are sifted, stir the batter until it’s well combined.
- Transfer to baking pan: Make sure there are no lumps before you transfer it to the loaf pan.
- Bake: The batter will need to bake for 36 to 43 minutes, and you can tell it’s ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The bread will then need to cool for 30 minutes so it can set.
- Mix the glaze: All you need to do to make the glaze is mix the coconut butter, maple syrup and lemon juice until combined.
- Cut and serve: Drizzle glaze over bread. Cut into slices and enjoy.
Tips for The Best Lemon Loaf
- Wait for the bread to cool before you add the glaze. This way, it will stay on top of the bread rather than soaking into it.
- You can substitute the monk fruit sweetener for Swerve or granulated sweetener of choice. For paleo, sub with maple sugar or coconut sugar. Just note that the color of the bread will come out slightly darker.
- If you don’t need the bread to be dairy free, you can use ghee or regular butter instead of coconut oil. Either way, the bread will come out soft, moist and delicious!
Storage and Freezer Tips
How to store: To store your lemon bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap so it stays fresh. Make sure you wait until the glaze is completely set before you do so. It will stay good this way for about five days, but you can put it in the refrigerator to make it last a few days longer.
How to freeze: If you want to store the loaf for a future date, you can freeze it for around three to four months.
More lemon recipes you might like:
This Keto Lemon Loaf Recipe is soft, moist and completely irresistible. Comes together in one bowl & uses simple pantry ingredients and better for you than the lemon loaf from Starbucks. This healthier version is gluten free, dairy free, low carb, keto with paleo friendly options!
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated monk fruit sweetener or sub with granulated pure maple sugar for paleo (can also sub coconut sugar but the color will be darker)
- 1/3 cup melted & cooled refined coconut oil (can also sub unsalted ghee or butter)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 2/3 cups superfine almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut butter (manna)
- 1 tsp Lakanto sugar-free maple syrup or sub pure maple syrup for paleo
- 1 tsp lemon juice + zest for garnish
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8x4 loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs with granulated sweeteener until smooth. Add coconut oil, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth.
Place a large mesh sieve over bowl and sift in baking powder, almond flour, coconut flour and salt. Stir until well combined with no lumps.
Transfer batter to loaf pan.
Bake for 36-43 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven & cool for at least 30 minutes to set.
Whisk together the melted coconut butter, sf maple syrup and lemon juice until combined.
Drizzle glaze over bread. Cut into slices and enjoy.