This easy Lemon Loaf Recipe is soft, moist and completely irresistible. Comes together in one bowl & uses simple pantry ingredients and better for you than the lemon loaf from Starbucks. This healthier version is gluten free, dairy free, paleo friendly with low carb & keto options!
An Easy Starbucks Copycat Lemon Loaf
Are you a fan of the lemon bread from Starbucks? With this easy recipe, you can make it right from home! If you’re not familiar with the Starbucks lemon loaf, it’s an extremely soft slice of dessert bread with a creamy glaze on top. It’s so good! And this version is even better.
While this lemon bread is delicious as a dessert, it’s definitely healthy enough to eat for breakfast. It’s a great option if you like making your breakfast ahead of time. And if you don’t want to put the glaze on it, you can just stick with the bread itself. I recommend making the glaze though, because it’s amazing!
Gluten Free and Dairy Free with Paleo & Keto Options
This recipe is not only healthy, but you can also customize it to fit your dietary needs! There’s no dairy or gluten in the recipe, and if you want to make it Paleo or Keto, it’ll still taste just as good. I’ve included substitutions in the recipe below!
So, if you’ve always wanted to try the lemon bread at Starbucks but it didn’t work with the diet you’re on, just make this one! I promise it’s not a difficult recipe by any means.
This lemon loaf recipe uses simple ingredients that are healthier than those used in your typical dessert bread. Plus, it all comes together in just one bowl.
For the Bread
- large eggs
- maple sugar: if you don’t have maple sugar you can also sub with coconut sugar or granulated monk fruit sweetener for a Keto Lemon Loaf
- coconut oil
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- gluten free baking powder
- superfine almond flour
- coconut flour
- just a pinch of fine sea salt
The glaze only uses 3 ingredients, and it’s easy to make in under 5 minutes. Whip it up while the bread is cooling and it will be ready to go when it sets.
For the Glaze
- melted coconut butter
- maple syrup
- lemon juice + zest for garnish
How to Make a Lemon Loaf
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray before you begin. This will ensure that your bread won’t stick to the pan once it comes out of the oven. You’ll also want to set your oven to 350 degrees and let it preheat while you prepare the batter.
- Grab a medium to large mixing bowl and beat your eggs and maple sugar. Once that’s done, add the coconut oil, lemon juice and lemon zest, stirring until the mixture is silky smooth.
- Next, place a large mesh sieve over your bowl and sift in the baking powder, almond flour, coconut flour and salt. After all the dry ingredients are sifted, stir the batter until it’s well combined. Make sure there are no lumps before you transfer it to the loaf pan.
- The batter will need to bake for 36 to 43 minutes, and you can tell it’s ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The bread will then need to cool for 30 minutes so it can set.
- All you need to do to make the glaze is mix the coconut butter, maple syrup and lemon juice until combined. Drizzle it over the bread and enjoy!
Tips for The Best Lemon Loaf
- Wait for the bread to cool before you add the glaze. This way, it will stay on top of the bread rather than soaking into it.
- You can substitute the maple sugar for coconut sugar, but the color of the bread will come out slightly darker.
- You could also use granulated monk fruit sweetener if you’d like.
- If you don’t need the bread to be dairy free, you can use ghee or regular butter instead of coconut oil. Either way, the bread will come out soft, moist and delicious!
How to Store your Lemon Loaf
To store your lemon bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap so it stays fresh. Make sure you wait until the glaze is completely set before you do so. It will stay good this way for about five days, but you can put it in the refrigerator to make it last a few days longer. If you want to store the loaf for a future date, you can freeze it for around three to four months.
More lemon recipes you might like:
This easy Lemon Loaf Recipe is soft, moist and so delicious. It tastes just like the lemon loaf from Starbucks, and this version is Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Paleo friendly!
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup maple sugar or sub granulated monk fruit sweetener (can also sub coconut sugar but the color will be darker)
- 1/3 cup melted & cooled refined coconut oil (can also sub unsalted ghee or butter)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 2/3 cups superfine almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut butter (manna)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or sub Lakanto sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice + zest for garnish
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8x4 loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs with maple sugar until smooth. Add coconut oil, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth.
Place a large mesh sieve over bowl and sift in baking powder, almond flour, coconut flour and salt. Stir until well combined with no lumps.
Transfer batter to loaf pan.
Bake for 36-43 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven & cool for at least 30 minutes to set.
Mix together ingredients for glaze & drizzle over bread.