These Low Carb Noodles are easy to make in under 30 minutes and are the perfect keto friendly pasta dish to satisfy that Chinese takeout craving. Keto noodles are made with fresh vegetables, spiralized zucchini noodles and an authentic sweet and savory Asian-inspired sauce. They’re gluten-free, sugar-free, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links
AN EASY LOW CARB ASIAN NOODLES RECIPE
Craving noodles but trying to stay low carb? These Low Carb Noodles are full of delicious flavor and take less than 30 minutes to make!
These stir-fried zucchini noodles have all of those amazing flavors of Chicken Chow Mein except this easy dinner recipe is so much better for you than the one would find at the local Chinese takeout restaurant.
It’s an Asian twist on a low carb pasta dish using spiralized zucchini noodles, so there’s no boiling involved and takes just minutes to cook!
ARE ANY NOODLES KETO?
Most noodles that you find at your local restaurant are wheat-based and are much higher in carbs. Our recipe for low carb noodles is made using spiralized zucchini so they won’t kick you out of ketosis.
DO EGG NOODLES HAVE CARBS?
So you might be wondering then, are egg noodles keto and how many carbs do egg noodles have?
Well one cup of egg noodles typically contain about 30-40 grams of NET carbs, so they will not work if you are following a strict keto diet.
ARE ZUCCHINI NOODLES KETO?
Zucchini is low in carbs and the perfect replacement if you’re craving a carb free pasta dish.
Other delicious low carb pasta alternatives include:
- cauliflower rice
- spaghetti squash
- turnip noodles
HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI NOODLES:
To make zucchini noodles, you’re going to need a spiralizer, julienne / vegetable peeler or a mandolin.
For step-by-step instructions on how to make zucchini noodles, check out these methods.
INGREDIENTS FOR LOW CARB NOODLES:
Our recipe for Whole30 Noodles are not only low carb, they are also gluten free, grain free, paleo and Whole30 compliant. Plus, this recipe is super simple to customize using common ingredients you probably already have in your pantry or fridge.
WHOLE30 STIR-FRY SAUCE:
- coconut aminos
- fish sauce OR Trader Joe’s Mushroom Company Multipurpose Mushroom Seasoning
- toasted sesame oil
- grated fresh ginger
- minced garlic
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- optional: preferred sweetener such as monk fruit, erythritol, coconut sugar (paleo), honey (paleo), orange juice OR date paste for Whole30
- optional: xanthan gum to thicken (can also use arrowroot starch for paleo)
FOR THE LOW CARB STIR-FRY:
- mixed vegetables: use your favorites such as: bok choy, bell peppers, broccoli are all delicious choices and if you’re not keto or too low carb, you can also add pineapple. snow peas or snap peas
- chicken thighs / chicken breast: can swap with pork, beef or turkey
- fresh herbs: chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish
- sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB NOODLES:
- MAKE THE SAUCE: In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce, until combined.
- MARINATE THE CHICKEN: Season chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of sauce. Allow to marinate while preparing the zucchini noodles.
- SPIRALIZE ZUCCHINI: Cut zucchini into noodles with spiralizer or vegetable peeler. Pat dry with paper towels.
- BROWN CHICKEN: Heat oil in a large wok or skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer from pan onto a plate. Set aside.
- COOK THE VEGETABLES: Add remaining oil to the same skillet. Add the vegetables and cook for about 2 minutes until soft and tender.
- STIR-FRY AND SEASON: Add chicken back to the pan and stir in the sauce. Turn heat to high and allow the sauce to thicken and bubble. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- COOK ZUCCHINI: Add the zucchini noodles and gently toss to coat using tongs. Cook until zucchini noodles are just tender (about 1-2 minutes – do NOT overcook), and remove from stove.
- GARNISH: Serve immediately and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
REASONS WE LOVE THIS LOW CARB NOODLES RECIPE:
- only 30 minutes to make in one pan
- simple to customize with any vegetable or protein you like
- low carb, gluten free, keto, paleo, Whole30 compliant and diabetic friendly
- great way to use up your garden zucchini during zucchini season
HOW MANY CARBS ARE IN LOW CARB NOODLES?
So what are the macros for Whole30 noodles? The macros for one serving of our paleo noodles are:
- 250 calories
- 7 grams NET carbs
- 14 grams FAT
- 21 grams PROTEIN
LOW CARB PASTA VARIATIONS:
Looking for ways to get that spaghetti or pasta fix without the heavy dough?
Other low carb pasta alternatives include:
- miracle noodles
- shirataki noodles
- konjac noodles
More low carb noodles you might like:
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 12 ounce chicken thighs or chicken breast , cut into 1" thick chunks
- 5 medium zucchini
- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil OR olive oil, divided
- 1 cup mixed vegetables of your choice , bok choy, broccoli, bell peppers, thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish , optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce, until combined.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of sauce. Allow to marinate while preparing the zucchini noodles.
- Cut zucchini into noodles with spiralizer or vegetable peeler. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer from pan onto a plate. Set aside.
Add remaining oil to the same skillet. Add the vegetables and cook for about 2 minutes until soft and tender.
Add chicken back to the pan and stir in the sauce. Turn heat to high and add xanthan gum (if usinto thicken and bubble.) Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Add the zucchini noodles and gently toss to coat using tongs. Cook until zucchini noodles are just tender (about 1-2 minutes - do NOT overcook), and remove from stove.
- Serve immediately and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.