Mocha Coffee Crunch Ice Cream Cake is the perfect no bake dessert for summer. It’s an easy 4 ingredient dessert made with a no churn coffee ice cream, melted chocolate, coffee, and chocolate rice cereal.
I’ve seen a few different versions of an ice cream crunch cake floating around Pinterest like this Nutella Crunch Ice Cream Cake from A Family Feast and have been wanting to try it for a while.
This No Bake Mocha Coffee Crunch Ice Cream Cake is a slight variation and it was such a hit with my family.
It starts off with my favorite no churn vanilla ice cream, instant coffee, a crispy chocolaty rice cereal like Cocoa Rice Krispies, Cap’N’Crunch or Cocoa Pebbles and melted chocolate.
You can also use regular crispy rice cereal instead if you can’t find the chocolaty versions.
We simply combine the cereal with melted chocolate and instant coffee and toss it in the freezer to firm up.
Then let the vanilla ice cream soften on the counter until it is nice and melty then we stir in some of the reserved instant coffee along with the chocolate coffee coated cereal.
The mixture gets spread evenly into a springform pan then we top it off with some more of the coated cereal mixture. Then we pop it into the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight so that it can set up.
A delightful and rich tasting cake that’s s simple to make and perfect for sharing with a crowd!
Mocha Coffee Crunch Ice Cream Cake
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee + 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup semi-sweet melted chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups of chocolate crispy rice cereal like Cocoa Rice Krispies, Cocoa Pebbles or Cap'N'Crunch
- 1 quart 5 cups of no churn vanilla ice cream (or use your favorite brand), softened
- Combine boiling water with instant coffee. Set aside.
- On the stove-top or in the microwave in a heat-safe bowl in 30 second increments; melt semi-sweet chocolate until smooth. Immediately whisk half of the coffee mixture.
- Add the rice cereal to a large bowl and pour melted chocolate over and stir to coat.
- Line a cookie sheet or large flat plate with parchment paper and spread the coated cereal on top. Place in the freezer to harden (about 30 minutes) then remove and break cereal into small bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, remove vanilla ice cream from freezer and place on counter to soften.
- Mix the softened ice cream with the remaining coffee. Then stir in the 1 1/2 cups of coated cereal.
- Pour into a 6-inch springform pan spreading evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining crunchy cereal, and press down.
- Place pan in freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight to harden and set up.
- When ready to serve, remove cake from the freezer. Use a slim paring knife run around the edges of the springform pan and then remove the sides.
- Place on your favorite serving plate and top with more cereal if desired.
- Cut and serve.
Slightly adapted from A Family Feast
More Ice Cream Cakes: