No Churn Black Forest Ice Cream is the perfect way to enjoy the popular cake without having to turn on your oven! It’s cool, creamy and best of all, this recipe requires no ice cream maker!
With summer slowly winding down and school already in session for many people, we have been trying to soak up the warmer weather while we can.
Ice cream is still happening daily around here:
With so many fun flavors like:
- Cake Batter
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Cookies and Cream
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel
- Mint Chocolate – you can have a different one for just about any day of the week!
With all the fresh cherries and extra cherry pie filling I had when I made this icebox cake last month, this No Churn Black Forest Ice Cream was born.
If you love the combination of chocolate and cherry together, you simply can’t go wrong with this ice cream.
It starts off with an easy no churn ice cream base that you’ve seen me use for
How To Make No Churn Black Forest Ice Cream
All you need are just SIX ingredients:
- Heavy Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Cherries and/ or Cherry Pie Filling (I used both but you can choose one to keep this a FIVE-ingredient recipe)
- Your favorite Brownies (homemade from scratch, box mix or store-bought)
Black Forest Cake is one of those desserts that I remember from childhood. Our neighbor used to make it every year around the holidays and would always invite us over to share.
It was one of the best desserts ever – so decadent, chocolatey and super delicious. The whipped cream topping made it so incredibly light and dreamy-licious.
This homemade ice cream is a much easier way to enjoy that Black Forest Cake.
You can use either fresh cherries, cherry pie filling or a combination of both which is what I did. I also left out the kirsch to keep it kid-friendly but you can totally add some in if you’d like.
Creamy, cool and decadent with all the black forest goodness.
Watch for this No Churn Cake Batter Ice Cream as an idea on how to make No Churn ice creams:
This no churn ice cream is unbelievably easy to make and the perfect dessert recipe! Chocolate ice cream with cherries and chocolate chunks make this ice cream irresistible.
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk around 1-2/3 cups
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/3 cup fresh cherries pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup cherry pie filling optional - can use all fresh cherries if desired
- 3-5 brownie squares broken into small pieces (can use from scratch, box-mix or store-bought)
- In a stand mixer with the whip attachment or using your hand mixer, whip heavy whipping cream on high until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk together the condensed milk and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a 9 x 5 loaf pan or 2-quart ice cream container. Pour half of the chopped cherries and/or cherry pie filling evenly. Sprinkle in half of the brownie pieces. Pour in remaining half of the ice cream then top with more cherries/cherry pie filling. Top with rest of the brownies.
- Cover and freeze for 4-5 hours, best if overnight.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and enjoy immediately.
More no churn ice creams: