This One Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is loaded with flavor and makes the perfect easy 30 minute weeknight meal. Best of all, everything cooks in just one pan making clean up a breeze!
Do you have picky eaters in your house? It seems like the older they get, my kiddos have more to complain about when it comes to meal time. This is totally catching my husband and I off guard, especially with my son since he used to be the best eater when he was younger.
Seriously, he could out eat almost anyone he met and absolutely loved anything you put on his plate. And now? Totally a struggle to get him to try anything new.
Luckily, pasta is one of those dishes that he can have all the time. And since today is National Pasta Day, I brought this One Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta along to celebrate.
I am a huge fan of sun-dried tomatoes and combined those with more yummy tomatoes, red peppers, mushrooms, garlic, fresh basil and Italian seasonings….so much goodness in every bite.
The flavors remind of summer and Italy when we visited a few years ago. Tender chicken gets browned to perfection. The veggies get a happy stir in the same pan and even the pasta gets cooked to creamy al dente deliciousness.
It’s simple, filling and delicious.
The best part? It all comes together in under 30 minutes in just one pot. Making it perfect for busy weeknights because who doesn’t love having less dishes to clean?
One Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1/2 lb) cut into strips or chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, sliced thinly
- 1 cup sliced cremini or button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or use 14.5 ounces can diced tomatoes, drained)
- 2 - 2 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces linguine (or thin pasta), broken in half
- 1 1/3 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced plus more for garnishing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (to taste)
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and dried oregano and add to a large greased skillet / pan over medium heat. Saute until browned and cooked through (about 4-6 minutes).Transfer to a plate.
- Return the pan back to the heat and add a little bit of olive oil.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and sundried tomatoes and saute over medium heat for about 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant. Add red peppers and cherry/diced tomatoes and saute for another 2 minutes. Add pasta and broth and turn up heat to bring to a boil. Lower heat back to medium, cover with lid, and cook for about 8-11 minutes (stirring pasta half way and add in more broth as needed if pasta is sticking or seems dry) until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid has absorbed.
- Toss in kale, basil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and stir to coat for another minute, until heated through.
- Top with grated Parmesan and garnish with extra basil leaves.
- Plate and serve while still hot.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the delicious pasta dishes by my fellow Food Holiday Bloggers: