Easy Skillet Lasagna – this ONE POT recipe is the perfect 30 minute meal for busy weeknights. Best of all, this lightened up skinny dish is made in only one pan – no boiling and even the pasta gets cooked together.
This Easy Skillet Lasagna is a BIG-TIME favorite at our house! You get all the flavors of a classic baked lasagna without the mess from washing a ton of dishes or layering involved. Plus, it’s lightened up so you can still fit into your skinny jeans.
How to Make this Easy Skillet Lasagna
This recipe starts off with browning the meat. I used extra-lean ground turkey to keep things on the skinny side. You can totally use what you have on hand or keep it a meatless dish with some sliced mushrooms instead.
For the veggies, I tossed in some chopped zucchini and spinach.
They both worked really well in this dish. Just remember that you may need to adjust the liquid ratio depending on the brand you choose.
Add the liquid and cover with a lid. Everything cooks right up in the SAME pot.
No more layering. Plus you can’t beat the convenience of cooking, serving and only having to wash just ONE PAN.
It’s perfect for adding that extra creamy and deliciousness without the added guilt of classic cheeses.
It’s seriously SO good – like even my husband couldn’t even tell by looking at this dish that those noodles are actually ribbon-ed zucchini noodles. A definite keeper in our house!
Check out the other 30 minute meals being shared today!
One Pot Chicken Chow Mein – The Recipe Rebel
Honey Garlic Shrimp and Cilantro Lime Rice Bowl – Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Kale Caesar Salad with Lemon Parmesan Chicken Strips – Sweet Peas and Saffron
30-Minute Summer Vegetable Tostadas – She Likes Food
Stovetop Broccoli Chicken Mac ‘n’ Cheese – Whole and Heavenly Oven
Spicy Chili Garlic Grilled Trout – Bake.Eat.Repeat
30-Minute Creamy Pesto Tortellini Skillet – Flavor the Moments
Crunchy Couscous Sweet Potato Salad – Sweet and Delish
30-Minute Chicken Cacciatore – A Latte Food
Pumpkin Penne with Sausage and Sage – Flying on Jess Fuel
30 Minute Smoked Turkey Sausage Tortellini – Mariah’s Pleasing Plates
Baked Corn, Mushroom and Sausage Risotto – Floating Kitchen
BBQ Chicken Sliders with Cheddar and Spinach – Kristine’s Kitchen
Roasted Cauliflower and Hazelnut Spaghetti – Savory Nothings
Italian Sausage Quesadillas – My Sequined Life
More One Pan Meals:
Easy Skinny Skillet Lasagna
Easy Skinny Skillet Lasagna is healthy and takes just 30 minutes in only one pot or one pan – no boiling and even the pasta gets cooked together. Lightened up and healthier – easily customizable with gluten free pasta and protein of your choice.
- 1/2 - 1 lb extra-lean ground turkey (or protein of your choice)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scant cups (8 ounces) dried farfalle (bow-tie) pasta (white, gluten-free or whole wheat)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes (I recommend San Marzano or fire-roasted tomatoes)
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese for garnish, optional
- sprinkle of parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Optional add-ins
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds to a minute or until fragrant.
- Add in the ground meat and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes, making sure to crumble and break down into small pieces as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add zucchini if using. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon of basil.
- Stir in pasta and water or chicken broth. Bring to a boil and cover pan with lid and reduce heat.
- Remove cover and stir pasta every 3-4 minutes so pasta does not stick to the pan. Add more water or broth as needed if liquid is evaporating too much.
- Cook until pasta is tender (around 14-15 minutes). If adding spinach, stir in after 10 minutes and cover.
- Remove from heat and stir in mozzarella and cottage cheese. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Top with dollops of ricotta cheese and cover pan for an additional 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, basil and parmesan cheese if desired.
If using gluten free or whole wheat pasta, the cooking times may vary depending on the brand you use. br]
You may need to add more water as needed each time you stir the pasta.
Adapted from:[Food Network
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!