These pumpkin cookies are soft cake-like and loaded with Twix, dark chocolate chips and warm spices for a delicious fall treat. They are made with whole wheat flour and have NO butter or oil and perfect for using up any extra Halloween candy!
We are taking the kiddos out trick-or-treating and couldn’t be more excited! Hoping the weather stays dry tonight since it rained two years in a row.
He had his school Halloween party this week and it was so adorable seeing all the costumes that all his class-mates were wearing. I took a gazillion pictures and brought along these Pumpkin Chocolate Twix Cookies that I made for the kids to snack on and to support a fantastic organization called Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
Every year, OXO supports Cookies for Kids’ Cancer through their #OXOGoodCookies program where they encourage everyone to bake a difference with OXO for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
I used OXO’s sheet pan, cookie scoop and cookie spatula in order to make these cookies and $0.25 cents for each of these specially marked products will go towards supporting pediatric cancer research. This year, OXO will donate up to $100,000 to support Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, through product proceeds, bake sale matches and other fundraising efforts.
Plus, for each blog post dedicated to this campaign, OXO will be donating $100 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer , up to $100,000.
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour or can sub all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/3 cup chopped Twix candy bars or other candy bar of your choice
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg and brown sugar. Mix in the pumpkin and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly mix into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Stir in the half of the chopped candy bars and half of the chocolate chips, reserving the other half for topping.
- Place dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop out about 1 tablespoon sized portions of the dough onto a cookie sheet. Press remaining half of the candy bars & chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
If you would like to help, please be sure to look out for specially marked OXO products with this green sticker. They will be available for purchase at participating retailers this month in support of this amazing cause. If you want to learn more about other ways to get involved, CLICK HERE.
You can also find OXO & Cookies for Kids’ Cancer on social media at these handles:
More Cookies for Kids cookies:
Pumpkin Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies made for last year’s Cookie for Kids post