This keto pumpkin bread is soft, fluffy and full of cozy fall spices and delicious pumpkin. It’s so easy to make in just one bowl and is the perfect low carb breakfast or afternoon snack! Gluten free, grain free and paleo friendly.
Once September rolls around, it’s officially pumpkin spice season at our house. Autumn is our favorite season and my kids can never get enough of pumpkin recipes – pumpkin pie, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin cookies – they love them all!
This Keto Pumpkin Bread is so easy to make and comes together in just one bowl and no mixer required. Plus, it’s healthy enough for breakfast or as an afternoon low carb snack or even dessert. And of course, it’s full of cozy fall spices and delicious pumpkin flavor.
I love that this low carb pumpkin bread is made with with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry – especially if you’re already following a low carb keto diet. Plus, it’s gluten free, grain free and paleo friendly.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE PALEO PUMPKIN BREAD:
- super fine blanched almond flour
- coconut flour: makes this quick bread super soft and tender
- golden monk fruit sweetener (or use your favorite low carb sweetener: SWERVE, erythritol)
- baking powder
- baking soda
- pumpkin pie spice
- fine sea salt
- ghee, coconut oil (or butter if not paleo)
- pumpkin (be sure to use pure sugar free pumpkin from a can or homemade pumpkin puree – NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- almond milk (or other dairy free milk of your choice)
- pure vanilla extract
- sugar free chocolate chips – we use Lily’s
- chopped pecans or walnuts – or use pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds for nut free
This keto bread bakes up super soft tender and moist and has just the right amount of warm and cozy autumn spices.
HOW TO MAKE KETO PUMPKIN BREAD:
- PREP LOAF PAN AND PREHEAT OVEN: Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9″x5″ loaf pan, and line with parchment paper.
- MIX THE WET INGREDIENTS: In a large bowl, beat the eggs until fluffy then add the pumpkin puree, nut butter, low carb sweetener, coconut oil, milk and vanilla. Mix well until fully combined.
- ADD THE DRY INGREDIENTS: Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and baking powder and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- TRANSFER BATTER TO PAN: Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- BAKE: Bake in preheated oven for 44 – 52 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and loaf to cool in pan for 10 minutes.
SUGAR FREE PUMPKIN BREAD VARIATIONS:
- Make a cream cheese filling with a mix of cream cheese, almond milk and your favorite low carb sweetener
- Top with a cream cheese frosting for pumpkin bread with cream cheese
- Add a gluten free streusel topping
- Stir in sugar free chocolate chips into the batter for pumpkin bread with chocolate chips
- Use coconut sugar instead of low carb sweetener for paleo pumpkin bread
HOW MANY CARBS IN PUMPKIN BREAD?
So you might be wondering is pumpkin bread keto? Classic bakery pumpkin bread is made with all purpose flour and sugar and does not fit into a keto diet.
Our recipe for low carb pumpkin bread is made with almond flour and monk fruit sweetener and the nutritional value for 1 keto pumpkin bread slice is:
- 212 calories
- 4 grams NET carbs = 9 grams Total carbs – 5 grams Fiber
- 6 grams protein
- 18 grams fat
IF YOU HAVE LEFTOVER PUMPKIN PUREE TRY THESE OTHER LOW CARB RECIPES
- 3 large eggs , room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or pure pumpkin puree - NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1/3 cup drippy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil , melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup golden monk fruit sweetener OR coconut sugar for paleo
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips , (we used Lily's) plus more for topping if desired
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon chopped pecans
PREP LOAF PAN AND PREHEAT OVEN: Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan, and line with parchment paper.
MIX THE WET INGREDIENTS: In a large bowl, beat the eggs until fluffy then add the pumpkin puree, nut butter, low carb sweetener, coconut oil, milk and vanilla. Mix well until fully combined.
ADD THE DRY INGREDIENTS: Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
TRANSFER BATTER TO PAN: Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
BAKE: Bake in preheated oven for 44 - 52 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean
Remove pan from oven and loaf to cool in pan for 10 minutes.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE CALCULATED WITHOUT SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND NUTS.