These paleo chocolate chip cookies are soft, chewy and so easy to make with simple pantry-friendly ingredients! A healthy one bowl paleo cookie recipe made with almond and coconut flour with dairy-free chocolate chips for the perfect healthy gluten-free treat.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
These almond flour chocolate chip cookies are insanely good. Tender, but with a small amount of crisp, this paleo recipe is gluten-free and perfectly edible for anyone with a sweet tooth. This recipe comes together in such an easy way, and what is even better, is the fact that this recipe is mess-free!
In the mood for some cookie cereal? You can use our Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies or this paleo cookie dough to create the latest TikTok and Instagram trend for our cookie cereal recipe! Made with mini cookies that are irresistibly cute, this type of cereal is a great way to make breakfast a little more exciting.
How do I make paleo cookie crisp cereal?
With this cookie dough, form tiny teaspoon sized cookie dough balls on a baking sheet. Press each ball into a cookie shape and place in the oven. Bake these tiny cookies from seven to eight minutes, or until golden around the edges.
Remove the tiny cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the pans completely. Serve in bowls with milk or alone along with any other toppings.
Ingredients For This Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
SWEETENER AND WET INGREDIENTS:
- Egg – room temperature – helps to give the cookie structure and bind all the ingredients together
- Coconut oil: you want it softened like butter and be sure to use refined coconut oil if you are not a fan of the coconut flavor. You can also sub with softened Ghee OR grass-fed butter
- Coconut sugar: a lower glycemic and refined sugar-free sweetener that resembles the taste and texture of brown sugar. If you want to make these gluten free cookies keto friendly, you can try swapping with golden monk fruit sweetener or better yet, check out my keto chocolate chip cookies
- Vanilla extract: just a teaspoon of pure vanilla helps to make these soft and chewy paleo cookies delicious and bring out the flavors from all the other ingredients.
- Almond Flour: Be sure to use superfine blanched almond flour and not almond meal. Almond flour is the main nut flour providing most of the bulk. Measure properly using the spoon and level method.
- Coconut flour: is the other gluten free flour that we use to help give these cookies that soft and chewy texture.
- Cinnamon: just a dash of organic Ceylon cinnamon takes these cookies from ordinary to amazing
- Gluten-free baking powder: leavening agent that helps the cookies rise and give them structure
- Chocolate chips: be sure to use paleo-friendly or dairy-free chocolate chips (we like Lily’s Sweets, Santa Barbara, or Hu Kitchen), or sub with Coarsely Chopped Keto Chocolate
How To Make Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- PREHEAT OVEN: Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and line your baking pan with parchment paper.
- MAKE THE COOKIE DOUGH: In a large mixing bowl, add softened coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla and mix with a fork or a whisk until combined. Crack in the egg and beat until light and fluffy.
Sift in the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon and baking powder and mix until the dough is combined. Fold in chocolate.
- FORM INTO COOKIE DOUGH BALLS: Scoop out tablespoon-sized dough balls and place evenly apart on parchment lined baking sheet. Gently flatten each dough ball with your hand. Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown. Do not over bake as the cookies will continue baking.
- COOL: Allow to cool on the baking sheet for at least 20 minutes.
How do I store these cookies?
If you are wanting to store the cookies at room temperature, then store in an airtight container for up to three days. If wanting to store the cookies in the refrigerator, then these treats will remain fresh for about four days.
In the mood to freeze cookies? Safely store these paleo chocolate chip cookies in an airtight vessel and freeze for up to four months. When ready to enjoy the cookies, allow the cookies to thaw at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Delicious!
More Delicious Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
Deep Dish Cookie Bowls – Pinch of Yum
These almond flour chocolate chip cookies are the best! Paleo and refined sugar-free, you will love this easy and quick dessert recipe!
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil softened like butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large
- 1 cup superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 teaspoon baking powder , use gluten-free as required
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips OR chopped chocolate (we like Lily's Sweets, Santa Barbara, or Hu Kitchen)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, add coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla and mix with a fork or a whisk until combined.
Crack in the egg and beat until light and fluffy.Sift in the almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda, and mix until the dough is combined.
Fold in chocolate. Scoop out tablespoon-sized dough balls and place evenly apart on parchment lined baking sheet.
Gently flatten each dough ball with your hand. Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown.
Do not over bake as the cookies will continue baking. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for at least 20 minutes.