Snickers Caramel Apple Pie Bars are the perfect indulgent fall treat. Best of all, they have all the flavors about apple pie without the hassle of making pie dough.
I made these Snicker’s Caramel Apple Pie Bars three times for the husband last month because they are SO ridiculously good!
He is an apple pie addict but since pie dough and I don’t always get along, bars are the perfect solution.
Next, come the apple slices covered in warm cozy spices.
A generous layer of oat streusel topping is sprinkled all over. Then to take this dessert to another level you drizzle salted caramel on top along with bite-sized Snickers candy.
Snickers Caramel Apple Pie Bars
These Apple Pie Bars have all the flavors about apple pie with a shortbread crust, a layer of cinnamon apples and a brown sugary oat streusel topping. Made extra special with the salted caramel sauce and bite-sized Snickers candy on top.
- Shortbread Crust
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup, granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- salted caramel sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 2 Full size Snickers Candy Bar, chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (I used a mix of Granny Smith & Gala)
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving enough overhang on all sides for easier removal of bars. Set aside.
- Make the crust: In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt together. Stir in flour and mix until everything is combined. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 8-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling and streusel.
- Make the apple filling: In a large bowl, place the sliced apples, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together and gently toss until the apples are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Make the streusel: In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Stir in oats. Using a pastry cutter, two forks or clean hands, cut in the chilled butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- Layer the apple filling evenly on top of the warm crust, pressing them down to fit. Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the apples and bake for 30–35 minutes or until the streusel is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. To speed up chilling time, place in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove bars from pan using the overhang from the foil or parchment to lift.
- Cut into bars. Drizzle each bar with salted caramel sauce and top with Snickers pieces. Serve warm or chilled.
The bars will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!
More Apple Pie treats: