This healthy Summer Salad with arugula and peaches is refreshing and easy to make with juicy peaches, cucumber, blueberries with a lemon tahini dressing. It’s the perfect lunch or light dinner and simple to customize with any summer or winter fruit.
PIN HERE for later and follow my boards for more recipe ideas
Updated July 2020
Healthy Summer Salad with Arugula and Peaches
Arugula is one of my favorite greens to use in a salad. This healthy Summer Salad is easy to make with peppery arugula, cucumber, avocado, blueberries and crunchy pecans with a light lemon tahini vinaigrette.
It’s bright, beautiful and full of the best summer flavors. What I love about making summer salads like this is that you can put them together quickly with ingredients that can easily be swapped out for what you have on hand.is one of my favorite greens to use in a salad. It’s light, refreshing with a peppery bite that goes perfectly with so many fruit and vegetables.
Why we love this healthy salad recipe
Not only is this arugula peach salad delicious, it’s also so simple to make! It makes a quick and easy lunch, dinner and is naturally gluten-free and fits into various diets such as paleo, low carb, Keto, vegan and Whole30 compliant.
You can serve make a big batch for summer barbecues, picnics or serve as a side to a comforting and cozy dinner in the winter.
Ingredients you need to make this summer salad delicious
- Arugula – one of my favorite greens to use in summer salads. It has a nice peppery bite but feel free to use baby spinach or butter lettuce.
- Mixed greens of choice – I used green leaf and baby spinach but feel free to use escarole, romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- Blueberries – adds natural sweetness to complement the juicy peaches,
- Peaches – you’ll need two ripe peaches cut into slices or chunks
- Toppings – Pecans, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds and hemp seeds add that perfect crunch
- Herbs – Fresh garden mint and chopped parsley
For the Lemon Tahini Dressing
The light and bright arugula salad dressing is made with just 5 ingredients:
- Lemon juice
- Avocado oil – or extra virgin-olive oil
- Garlic powder or garlic clove – minced
- Salt and black pepper – to taste
- Nutritional yeast – optional or feel free to use dairy-free parmesan if not Whole30 or paleo
How to make this Healthy Summer Salad
- Make the dressing: Add all the ingredients for the dressing in jar or a bowl. Shake or whisk until combined.
- Assemble salad: Place the arugula leaves in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt, pepper and little bit of the dressing.
- Garnish with toppings: Add the remaining salad ingredients and drizzle with more dressing. Top with nuts and seeds of choice.
Make Ahead and Storage Tips
If prepping this salad ahead of time, store the dressing separately until ready to serve.
- To Make This Arugula Peach Salad Ahead. Prepare the dressing in a jar and seal with an airtight lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Rinse and dry the arugula ahead of time and wrap with a paper towel in a large resealable bag. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Wash the fruit and cucumber and store in a glass resealable container or a separate resealable bag. Slice the peaches and cucumber before serving. When ready to serve, assemble the salad.
- To Store. You can store leftover dressed salad in the refrigerator for 1 day.
Variations and Tips for Making the Best Arugula Salad
- Add cabbage, pickled onions, grape tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes for an extra punch of flavour
- Sprinkle on some vegan ricotta or feta if not dairy-free, Whole30 or paleo
- Serve with some air fryer tofu to make this a complete vegan dinner or some grilled salmon, grilled chicken or any protein of choice.
More healthy salad recipes you might like:
Kale Salad with Avocado Caesar Dressing
This Arugula salad is healthy, refreshing and easy to make with juicy peaches, cucumber, blueberries with a lemon tahini dressing. It's the perfect lunch or light dinner and simple to customize with any summer or winter fruit.
- 3 cups loosely packed organic arugula leaves , washed and dried
- 1 cup mixed greens , washed and dried
- 2 peaches sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 medium cucumber , sliced
- 1 medium avocado , diced
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley and mint
- 1 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/2 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Vegan ricotta or feta , omit for Whole30 and paleo
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil OR extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder OR 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp nutritional yeast , optional or feel free to use dairy-free parmesan if not Whole30 or paleo
- salt and pepper , to taste
MAKE THE DRESSING:A dd all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar or a bowl. Shake or whisk until combined.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD: Place the arugula leaves in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt, pepper and little bit of the dressing.
Add the remaining salad ingredients and drizzle with more dressing. Top with your favorite nuts and seeds and serve.
Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later! -
Just gorgeous Kelly!
Aaw thanks so much Amber 🙂
Such a gorgeous and delicious salad! Adding it to my must try soon list!
What a gorgeous salad—who could resist that rainbow of colors? The honey-lemon vinaigrette looks perfect!
Lisa @ Simple Pairings -
Hey Kelly, a salad filled with vibrant colors – just what we all need to dust off the chill of winter. Love all the citrus – such a great immune booster, especially needed with how many bugs that have been flying around lately! Just lovely.