This Fresh Peach Salsa recipe is easy to make with sweet summer peaches, fresh lime juice, chopped jalapeño and garden herbs! Celebrate summer like never before with this healthy summer salsa that is so hard to resist. Plus, it’s naturally vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo and Whole30!
Easy Homemade Peach Salsa Recipe
Looking for a fresh and summery spin on your salsa recipet? This Fresh Peach Salsa is fresh, flavorful and so easy to make. It’s packed with the sweet and spicy flavors of summer peaches, fresh lime juice, chopped jalapeño and perfect when you’re craving some chips and salsa.
This homemade sals makes a delicious snack or appetizer year-round but works best when sweet and juicy peaches are in season. Always a crowd-pleaser and will make a delicious addition to your summer potlucks, picnics, barbecues and cookouts! Plus, it’s naturally vegan, dairy-free, low carb, gluten-free, paleo and Whole30!
If you’re getting bored of that same old salsa recipe, give this summer salsa a try!
What You’ll Need
The following ingredients combine to create a fool-proof peach salsa with perfectly balanced flavors. But you can make substitutions, omissions or additions as you see fit!
- Ripe Peaches: You’ll need about 6 medium peaches, diced.
- Red Bell Pepper: Diced.
- Red Onion: Finely Chopped.
- Fresh Cilantro: Chopped.
- Jalapeño: Seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped.
- Minced Garlic: Fresh from the clove, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Fresh Lime Juice: You’ll need the juice of 1 large lime.
- Fine Sea Salt: To taste.
- Optional: Add chili powder and ground cumin, if desired.
How to Make Peach Salsa
This homemade salsa is made in a snap, and everything mixes together in one bowl. After that, it just has to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes! Watch the video below to see how easy!
- Combine Ingredients: In a medium serving bowl, combine the peaches, pineapple, red pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic and lime juice and stir until well combined.
- Add Seasonings: Season with salt and the optional seasonings, to taste. Stir until well combined. Add more lime or salt, as needed.
- Chill & Serve: Chill the salsa in the fridge for 15 minutes or longer, then serve it with sliced cucumbers, bell peppers, grain-free tortilla chips (we like Siete) or plantain chips. Enjoy!
Tips for Success
When working with fresh ingredients and an unfamiliar recipe, it always helps to have some extra advice. These are our tricks and suggestions for perfect peach salsa:
- Peaches Not Ripe? If your peaches aren’t ripe enough, there are a few easy ways to speed up the process. Firstly, don’t keep them in the fridge, as it will delay their ripening. Instead, place them all in a paper bag on the counter. If you have them, add a couple of apples to the bag as well, or another fruit that ripens after it’s picked like peaches or pears.
- Peaches Ripe Too Early? If your peaches are ripe when you’re not yet ready to make the salsa, put them in the fridge to slow down the ripening process.
- How t Peel a Peach: You can peel the peach first or leave the skin on. According to this article, to peel a peach, simply “Cut an ‘X’ through the skin at the tip of the peach then dunk the cut peach into a pot of boiling water for 30-45 seconds. Remove from the pot and transfer to a bowl of cold water. Once the peach is cool enough to handle, pinch the skin at the “X” then gently rip the skin away from the tip in the direction of the stem.”
- How to Dice a Peach: To easily dice up a peach, cut a vertical line down the peach across on the the top half. Then rotate the peach and cut across those cuts. Split the peach in half and use your thumbs to push the peach free from the pit. Then simply dice as you would any other fruit or veggie.
- Taste & Adjust: Don’t be afraid to give your salsa a good taste before you chill it. Make sure you’re satisfied with the flavor and make additions if needed.
Although this salsa is super fun as it is, you can add even more yummy stuff to it! Check out these ideas for inspiration.
- Swap the peaches: Don’t have enough summer peaches? Sub half or all with some diced ripe mango or diced sweet pineapples.
- Add Berries: Raspberries, strawberries, or any other berry you like would be a fabulous addition to peach salsa.
- Make Peach Avocado Salsa: Want more creaminess in your fruity dip? Add diced avocado right before serving. Just keep in mind that this will shorten the shelf life of the salsa.
- Make Tropical Salsa: Diced pineapple would really kick this peach salsa recipe up a notch. A true tropical delight!
- Sub Lime Juice for Lemon Juice: Some people prefer the more bitter flavor of a lime, while others gravitate toward the sweetness of lemons. Either flavor tastes great in this salsa – the choice is yours!
Ways to Use Peach Salsa
You can serve salsa in so many ways – not just with some veggies or a bag of chips. Try the following options and experiment with something new!
- Add it to Shrimp Tacos
- Pour it over Scrambled Eggs
- Use it in Stuffed Peppers
- Put it in a Quesadilla
- Spoon it over Steak or Chicken
- Add it to a Burrito Bowl
- Use it in Meatloaf
How to Store Extras
This homemade peach salsa tastes best the day it is made within 24 hours.
If you happen to have any leftover peach salsa, it should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It will stay fresh for about 2 days. Note that the peaches will soften as it rests.
Looking for more easy snack recipes?
This Fresh Peach Salsa recipe is easy to make with sweet summer peaches, fresh lime juice, chopped jalapeño and garden herbs! Celebrate summer like never before with this healthy summer salsa that is so hard to resist. Plus, it's naturally vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo and Whole30!
- 3 cups ripe sweet peaches diced, about 6 medium peaches - peeled or unpeeled. You can also sub half or all with some diced ripe mango or diced sweet pineapples.
- 1 cup red bell pepper , diced
- 1/3 cup red onion , finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno , seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced, or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lime lime juice
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp chili powder , optional
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin , optional
In a medium serving bowl, combine the peaches, pineapple, red pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic and lime juice and stir until well combined.
Season with salt and optional seasoning, to taste. Stir until well combined. Add more lime or salt, as needed.
Chill for 15 minutes or longer, then serve with sliced cucumbers, bell peppers, grain-free tortilla chips (we like Siete) or plantain chips.