Salted Caramel S’mores Brownies combine the best of both world and make the perfect decadent treat. The favorite flavors of the classic campfire treat enjoyed in one delicious brownie.
We just checked the beach off our summer-to-do list and flip flops have already been making a regular appearance in my attire.
So, the only thing left was to get our s’mores fix.
I know we won’t be going camping any time soon, so I baked up these s’mores brownies instead for some friends who came by to visit us a few weeks ago.
The salted caramel layer take these to a whole new decadent dessert in the best kind of way!
- It starts with a graham cracker crust baked up in the brownie pan.
- Next, I topped it with my go-to easy one bowl brownie recipe. Feel free to use your favorite brownie recipe, or box mix.
- Sprinkle in some chocolate chips followed by a layer of salted caramel saucy-ooey goodness.
- Top with large marshmallows, crushed graham crackers and drizzle more salted caramel sauce and you’ve got yourself one heck of a camp-style treat worthy of indulging in for any summer occasion!
These are ooey, gooey, messy and deliciously amazing — everything you love about s’mores.
Whether you’re trying to get your campfire fix or need a dessert to share with some friends, you will love these! No bonfire required.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs 8 or 9 whole graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1-1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil can substitute with another neutral oil such as vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 large marshmallows
- 2 graham crackers crushed into small pieces for topping
- 1 cup salted caramel sauce plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8-inch pan with foil so it hangs over the edges and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare the crust: In a medium bowl, mix butter with graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, sugar, and salt. Press crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan. Bake until crust is golden and set for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the brownies: Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl until partially melted. Whisk in sugar. Add oil, eggs, and vanilla until fully combined.
- Toss in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, baking powder. Stir with a silicone or wooden spatula until combined.
- Pour batter over the baked crust, spreading evenly. Bake for about 35-40 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Remove pan from oven. Turn oven to broil. Sprinkle chocolate chips then top with salted caramel sauce over the baked brownie. Layer the top with jumbo marshmallows, sticky side down. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top.
- Place the pan of brownies back into the oven.
- Toast under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes watching closely. The marshmallows can go from golden to burned in a matter of seconds.
- Cool for a few minutes, then use foil to remove brownies from the pan and set on a cutting board.
- Remove from oven and allow pan to cool.
- Carefully pull the sides of the foil away from the marshmallows and brownies. Cut brownies into 12 squares.
Brownies slightly adapted from Bon Appetit
Craving more S’mores?
[pe2-image src=”http://lh6.ggpht.com/-03XuAHQE6IM/Us6xf1_Yx2I/AAAAAAAAM9A/1Ca9BdkmZUg/s144-o/S%252527mores%252520Cupcakes%252520.%252520Life%252520Made%252520Sweeter.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/104357654632449509020/Blog3#5966901716939491170″ caption=”S’mores Cupcakes . Life Made Sweeter.jpg” type=”image” alt=”S’mores Cupcakes . Life Made Sweeter.jpg” pe2_single_image_size=”w250″ pe2_img_align=”center” ]