Slow cooker Thai Peanut Chicken makes an easy Thai -inspired dish perfect for busy weeknights. Best of all, just set and forget with a sweet, salty, savory, spicy sauce that is exploding with flavor.
This Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken is one of our favorite dishes we like to keep on rotation during the week. The flavors totally rock and best of all, it’s super easy to whip. Just set and forget in the crock-pot – SO perfect for busy weeknights!
You can serve this over rice, noodles, or over a bed of lettuce. The best part is, you can set-it and forget-it in the slow cooker which makes this a KEEPER!
Some make-ahead / weekly meal prep tips and swap-ins for this Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
- For easier weekly meal prep – The sauce can be prepped ahead of time the day before and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- For an extra kick of heat, try using a couple teaspoons of sriracha sauce or some crushed red pepper flakes to spice things up.
- Makes great leftovers – make a batch on Sunday during meal prep and pack for your weekly work or school lunch with a side of vegetables, quinoa or rice.
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup of canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional, to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts for garnish
- Fresh cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Spray bottom of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, coconut milk, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes until combined. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or on low for 3 to 4 hours (or until chicken is tender - time varies depending on your slow cooker).
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and cut into cubes or shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and mix in with sauce.
- Serve hot with additional sauce over rice, rice noodles or a bed of lettuce.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh cilantro, and additional red pepper flakes, if desired.
Different slow cookers cook at different levels so please be careful to watch chicken and adjust cooking times according to your slow cooker.
More noodles for Chinese New Year: