Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Lo Mein – The perfect healthy crock-pot recipe for busy weeknights with authentic restaurant quality ingredients. Best of all, ONLY 15 minutes to prep & way better than takeout. Make it for your weekly meal prep & leftovers make great work lunches. Plus a video!
To stay up to date with my latest posts as soon as I post them, you can follow me on Feedly.
*** Pictures and recipe were updated August 2016
Along with chow mein and fried rice, lo mein are so perfect for cleaning out the fridge. It’s a great way to use up all those extra veggies hanging around. Plus they are so easy to customize by adding in your favorite protein.
This Easy Chicken Lo Mein is our favorite takeout dish and I decided one day to make it into my slow cooker. The flavors came out SO amazing and was seriously the best decision ever!
Some helpful tips to note for this Chicken Lo Mein:
- Add the fresh pre-cooked or cooked dry noodles NEAR the end or JUST PRIOR to serving. This will ensure that the noodles will NOT get too soft and mushy.
- Use fresh egg noodles or any type of cooked pasta noodles you like. I’ve used fresh egg noodles, spaghetti noodles and linguine noodles. They will all work great!
- Switch it up with your favorite vegetables. I used baby bok choy and carrots here and I have also used snow peas, baby corn or bell peppers successfully in the past.
- Use pork instead of chicken or extra firm or deep fried tofu like this –> vegetarian version
Some meal prepping tips:
- Wash and chop all the vegetables ahead of time and store in a zip-top freezer bag in the fridge
- Mix the sauce ingredients together the day before and store in an air-tight container in the fridge
- Make the noodles the day before and store in an air-tight container in the fridge
- Weekly meal prep or the leftovers can be packed into lunch containers for the week
This dish is constantly on our dinner rotation because my husband declares it the best ever and it’s also by far the MOST popular recipe on this blog.
The recipe has now been repinned a total of over a million times even after a mixup with changing the URL!
I have since updated the photos twice and the recipe to make it easier and now even added a short video to show the steps:
If you want to find more easy & authentic Slow Cooker Asian recipes The Asian Slow Cooker cookbook is now available for SALE HERE. It was named one of the BEST Books of 2016 by The Washington Post with Ina Garten and Donna Hay.
You can find it at:
Looking for more take-out favorites?
MORE EASY ASIAN DISHES: