These asparagus fries made in the oven are so simple to make! Almond flour, salt, pepper, and a couple other ingredients are all you need for these deliciously tender and flavorful vegetable-based fries. Paleo and ready within minutes, this recipe for fries will be the next yummy lunch option.
Paleo Asparagus Fries
This recipe for asparagus fries is super simple and straight-forward. These healthy asparagus fries are perfect for anyone following a paleo diet, but want to splurge a bit on flavorful crunch. Healthy and filled with nutrients, this recipe is great for lunch or adding to a main course for dinner. Paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper truly transform this easy recipe!
Why These Crispy Fries Are So Awesome
These fries are super healthy and taste amazing! We love these asparagus fries because:
- They are super easy to make and require a handful of ingredients.
- These asparagus fries are vegetable based and paleo.
- Flavors of paprika and garlic truly shine through this recipe.
- Crispy Asparagus fries are ready in less than 30 minutes!
Ingredients For Whole30 Asparagus Fries
Almond flour is needed for this gluten free recipe to create that crunchy exterior in the breading. Almond flour is typically very easy to find, and we like prefer almond flour to bread crumbs the majority of the time due to how weightless it can be.
Asparagus spears are the main components of this recipe. We like to shop organic asparagus spears when we can find it! The fresh flavors of asparagus really shine for this fry recipe.
Salt is great for some basic seasoning. A lot of salt is not needed at all as the asparagus speaks for itself, so just a large pinch will do.
Pepper is also essential for this recipe as it provides a complex flavor for the asparagus fries. Freshly cracked is recommended, but any type of ground pepper will do!
Garlic powder is completely optional, but we recommend it to really kick this recipe to the next level.
Paprika, also optional, but really brings these fries up a notch. Definitely recommended, and it’s a great way to use this pantry ingredient.
How To Make Asparagus Fries
We seriously love how easy this recipe comes together! Just a few basic steps, and this healthy and easy recipe will be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Cut about an inch off the bottom of asparagus spears.
- On a plate, combine 1 1/5 cups of almond flour with 3/4 teaspoons of paprika, a couple pinches of salt, 1/8 teaspoon of pepper, and 2/4 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, create an egg wash by whisking two eggs together. Dip asparagus spears in egg wash, being careful not to over saturate the spears.
- Dip the asparagus spears in the almond flour mixture while making sure to cover the entire asparagus. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake the breaded asparagus spears for about 15-20 minutes, flipping half way. The asparagus fries are finished once they turn golden in color.
Notes For Asparagus Fries
- Make sure to use a plate for the almond flour, or it will be very difficult to bread the asparagus!
- For these asparagus fries, make sure they are completely dry before making this recipe.
- Store these fries in the refrigerator for up to three days. Make sure to use an airtight container!
What can I serve with these fries?
Not only are these fries amazing with sauces, but just some freshly spritzed lemon juice will do the job, too.
Vegan Asparagus Fries
Instead of the egg wash, simply dip the asparagus spears in a neutral oil, such as avocado oil. Follow the rest of the steps from the regular recipe!
How To Store Keto Asparagus Fries
We like to eat these leftover asparagus fries throughout the week. When storing these fries, we just place them in an airtight container to keep them in the fridge for up to three days. To reheat these fries, we simply re-heat them in the oven so they can maintain the special crunch.
If warming in a microwave, the fries may become a bit soggy.
More Asparagus Recipes you will love:
- Keto Frittata with Asparagus, Ham and Goat Cheese
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Lemon Chicken Asparagus Pasta
- Pan Seared Steak with Asparagus and Mushrooms
More Veggie Recipes you might like:
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Roasted Green Beans
- Roased Brussels Sprouts
- Zucchini Fritters
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
- Veggie Platter
These asparagus fries are crunchy and filled so much flavor. Healthy and gluten-free with a vegan option, these fries are great for any week day lunch or dinner. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 bunch asparagus spears
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 2 eggs whisked
- 3/4 teaspoons paprika
- 2/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 3425 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Cut about an inch off the bottom of asparagus spears.
On a plate, combine almond flour with paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a small bowl, create an egg wash by whisking two eggs together.
Dip asparagus spears in egg wash, being careful not to overly saturate the spears. Dip the asparagus spears in the almond flour mixture while making sure to cover the entire asparagus.
Transfer to baking sheet.Bake the breaded asparagus spears for about 15-20 minutes, flipping half way. The asparagus fries are finished once they turn golden in color.