This Blueberry Baked Oatmeal recipe with Lemon and Coconut is an easy make-ahead breakfast. It’s healthy, hearty, dairy-free and made with NO butter or refined sugar. Loaded with frozen or fresh blueberries so you can enjoy this all year long!
You can find all of their favorite flavors here:
- Almond Butter Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Banana Nut Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Berry Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Lemon Coconut Baked Oatmeal
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Cinnamon Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal with Chocolate
- Honey Nut Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Lemon Almond Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Raspberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
This Blueberry Baked Oatmeal with Lemon and Coconut is their latest favorite. Lemon anything is my favorite and I love when it’s paired with blueberry.
Making Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
This baked oatmeal is the perfect healthy breakfast when you feel like something a little more special than your plain Jane oatmeal but still want to keep up with those New Year’s resolutions.
It reminds me of a more wholesome version of my Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake .
There’s NO refined sugar or butter and it’s dairy free! While I used coconut milk, maple syrup and a touch of coconut oil, you can totally use almond milk and coconut sugar if you’d prefer.
Plus, it’s a great make ahead breakfast that you can assemble the night before. Just mix the dry and wet ingredients separately and park them in the fridge overnight. Then in the morning, combine them together and bake it up in the oven for about 35-40 minutes.
What you need for this Blueberry Baked Oatmeal with Lemon and Coconut
- melted coconut oil (or use melted butter if you prefer)
- coconut milk (or any other milk)
You can easily use fresh or frozen blueberries. So no matter what time of the year you are making this recipe, it can be done!
I’ve made this with both and it bakes up just a little purplish if you are using frozen because of the juices, but otherwise, the taste is the same.
This Blueberry Lemon Coconut Baked Oatmeal is a hearty and healthy breakfast that you can serve during the week but it’s also perfect to eat on the weekend with a big cup of tea or juice!
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal is easy to assemble and makes a healthy and hearty gluten-free breakfast that tastes like dessert. Made with frozen or fresh blueberries so you can enjoy this all year long!
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/2 - 2/3 cups pure maple syrup depending on sweetness desired (can also use honey or coconut sugar)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cups rolled oats use gluten free if necessary
- 1-1/2 cups canned coconut milk or use milk of your choice
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes leave out and add more oats if you are not a coconut fan
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- toasted coconut chips
- fresh blueberries
- maple syrup or blueberry compote
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 2-quart casserole pan or 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice until combined. Stir in oats and milk then shredded coconut until combined. Gently fold in half of the blueberries.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with additional shredded coconut flakes and blueberries, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden and the oatmeal is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before to serving. Top with coconut chips and drizzle with additional maple syrup if desired.