This Keto Pizza is an easy to make low carb recipe to satisfy that Friday night pizza craving. It’s made with just 3 ingredients and the perfect alternative to fathead dough.
Trying to cut carbs but craving pizza? Learn how to make a delicious crispy keto pizza crust without the carb. This low carb pizza is made with just a few ingredients and perfect if you’re following a low carb keto diet.
KETO FATHEAD PIZZA DOUGH
So what is fathead dough? I’m sure by now you guys have seen a ton of variations of keto pizza chicken crust or fathead pizza crust all over the internet.
All you need to make fathead dough pizza crust is a combination of:
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- cream cheese
- and around 1/2 cup almond flour or 1/4 cup coconut flour to make a fluffy keto pizza crust
You just melt the cheese down and knead it together with the egg and grain free flour until it forms a low carb pizza dough.
Then you roll it out between some parchment paper and bake the keto pizza crust in the oven. Once the low carb crust is golden, you add your desired toppings and bake again until the cheese is bubbly.
KETO PIZZA CRUST RECIPE WITH BROCCOLI
This keto pizza dough is very similar to the cauliflower crust pizza except we used rice broccoli instead of cauliflower. The broccoli crust is gluten free, grain free and is so easy to make under 30 minutes of cook time.
All you need is just 3 ingredients with no time needed for rising. And the best part of all is that you can make it ahead of time and freeze it for those times when you’re craving a NY style pizza.
LOW CARB PIZZA CRUST INGREDIENTS:
All you need are 3 main ingredients for this low carb keto pizza crust:
- broccoli rice (you can use the prepackaged or frozen bags which means less mess and no food processor required) – or make your own with a food processor using 4 cups broccoli florets)
- freshly grated Parmesan or shredded mozzarella
Other ingredients, seasonings and herbs you can add:
- super-fine blanched almond flour – if you like an extra crispy crust
- dried basil
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
Toppings of your choice:
My favorite part about any pizza is definitely the toppings. You can get as creative as you like and add your favorite sauces and toppings. Get creative!
- marinara sauce (we love Rao’s)
- Parmesan cheese
- pepperoni, bacon, sausage
- basil, arugula, spinach, mushrooms, green peppers, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes – the options are endless!
HOW TO MAKE KETO PIZZA:
Learn how to make a crispy keto pizza crust:
1. PREHEAT OVEN: Pre-heat oven to 425° F. (If you’re using a pizza stone, place it in the oven now)
2. HEAT BROCCOLI RICE: Place the thawed frozen broccoli rice in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or spread out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
3. MAKE THE PIZZA DOUGH: Once the cauliflower is cool, add the freshly grated Parmesan cheese, egg and optional seasoning and herbs. Mix well until a dough forms. Line an baking sheet with parchment paper and form a circle with the dough, creating a raised lip around the edges.
4. COOK THE PIZZA: Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and spread marinara sauce evenly on top of the crust.
5. ADD TOPPINGS: Sprinkle with grated mozzarella followed by desired toppings.
6. SERVE: Bake again for 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Slice and serve hot.
REASONS WE LOVE THIS EASY KETO PIZZA CRUST:
- it’s delicious and makes a healthy pizza crust alternative
- only 3 main ingredients and so easy to make
- the recipe is so versatile and flexible
Can you buy keto pizza?
Yes. Now that so many people are following some sort of low carb diet, you can purchase keto pizzas at the store.
However, we love making our own since ours is made with healthier, cleaner ingredients with no fillers, no cornstarch and no corn flour. Plus, it’s so much cheaper than the premade Cauliflower crusts and Broccoli Crusts like Cauliflour Kitchen, Caulipower Crust and Trader Joe’s.
Where can you buy keto pizza?
We’ve seen low carb pizza crusts for sale online, WholeFoods, Target, Wegmans and many other grocery stores. We’ve even seen a few online sites that offer keto pizza delivery.
How many carbs in a keto pizza?
The macros for one pizza crust slice without the toppings are:
115 calories, 3 grams NET carbs, 10 grams protein, 6 grams fat
Can I make a dairy free / vegan keto pizza crust?
I haven’t tried but you can certainly experiment by using a flax egg and vegan shredded cheese and adjust the ratios.
WHAT CAN I SUBSTITUTE FOR PIZZA CRUST:
A few other delicious healthy alternatives that you can use for pizza crust are:
- Zucchini – coming soon
- Portobello Mushroom Caps
- Sweet Potato
Important tips for making the Best Broccoli Pizza Crust:
- if you have a pizza stone, use it to bake the pizza crust otherwise, just line your baking sheet with parchment paper
- if using thawed frozen broccoli rice, heat in the microwave or bake in the oven to remove excess moisture
- prebake the crust prior to adding the sauce and any toppings – this ensures that your crust will get crispy instead of soggy
Can Keto Pizza Crust be frozen?
The great thing about homemade pizza is that you can make it ahead of time and store it in the freezer until you’re ready to eat. We usually like to make 2 no carb pizza crusts at a time and freeze one of them.
So if you’re wondering if you can you freeze keto pizza dough, you start out by prebaking it in the oven. Allow carb free pizza to cool down. Then place the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes. Once the gluten free pizza crust is slightly frozen, wrap it with plastic wrap and store in a large freezer bag or an airtight container.
When you’re craving pizza for dinner, simply remove the grain free pizza crust from the freezer and add your favorite toppings. You can reheat it in the air fryer at 400F for 8 minutes or in the oven for 10 minutes.
More low carb recipes:
This Keto Pizza is an easy to make low carb recipe to satisfy that Friday night pizza craving. It's made with just 3 ingredients and the perfect alternative to fathead dough.
- 3 cups broccoli rice (two 12 ounce bags) , frozen thawed or fresh
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons super-fine blanched almond flour , optional but helps to give the crust a crispier texture
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella
- ¼ cup sugar-free marinara sauce (Rao's) or passata sauce
- 6-8 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil or spinach
- 2-3 chopped olives
Pre-heat oven to 425° F. (If you’re using a pizza stone, place it in the oven now)
Place the thawed frozen broccoli rice in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the cauliflower out in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the pan and stirring in between. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, add the cooked riced broccoli, mozarella cheese, egg, almond flour and optional seasonings. Mix and using your hands to knead well until a dough forms.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the dough on top. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and using your hands or a rolling pin, press down to form a crust to about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thickness, creating a raised wall around the edges.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and spread marinara sauce evenly on top of the crust.
Sprinkle with grated mozzarella followed by desired toppings.
Place the pan back in the oven and cook until the cheese melts. Slice and serve hot.
** Nutritional info is calculated without the toppings or almond flour.