This Cauliflower Pizza Crust is the perfect healthier and low carb option for satisfying that Friday night pizza craving. It’s so easy to make with just 3 ingredients that are grain free, gluten free and keto friendly.
PIN HERE for later and follow my boards for more recipe ideas
Craving pizza but looking for a healthier alternative? This keto cauliflower pizza crust is a delicious alternative to takeout when you’re trying to stay low carb.
AN EASY CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST:
I’m sure by now you’ve seen tons of healthier pizza crusts everywhere these days. I used to think making cauliflower pizza was a little bit labor intensive since you have to steam the cauliflower, pulse in a food processor and then squeeze and wring out all the excess liquid.
But you know what? Our easy cauliflower crust recipe uses frozen cauliflower rice so you can totally skip all of those steps! So much easier than traditional cauliflower fathead dough pizza & perfect for even busy weeknights!
WHAT DOES CAULIFLOWER PIZZA TASTE LIKE?
And if you’ve ever wondered what does cauliflower pizza crust taste like, it’s actually really delicious!
Seriously, my entire family loves it and can’t even taste the cauliflower especially with the cheese and toppings! Even my husband who was extremely skeptical at first can’t stop eating this cauliflower pizza.
And the best part? This pizza crust recipe is super easy to make with just 3 simple ingredients. Plus, this easy recipe is also pretty forgiving and versatile using ingredients you probably already have!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE PIZZA CRUST:
This low carb pizza crust is made mainly with three ingredients:
- cauliflower rice (you can use the prepackaged or frozen bags which means less mess and no food processor required) – or make your own with a food processor using 1 head cauliflower / 4 cups cauliflower florets
- one large egg
Other ingredients, seasonings and herbs you can add:
- super-fine blanched almond flour – if you like an extra crispy crust
- dried basil
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
Toppings of your choice:
- marinara sauce (we love Rao’s)
- Parmesan cheese
- pepperoni, bacon, sausage
- basil, arugula, spinach, mushrooms, green peppers, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes – the options are endless!
HOW TO MAKE KETO CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST:
1. PREHEAT OVEN: Pre-heat oven to 425° F. (If you’re using a pizza stone, place it in the oven now)
2. HEAT CAULIFLOWER RICE: Place the thawed frozen cauliflower rice in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or spread out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
3. MAKE THE PIZZA DOUGH: Once the cauliflower is cool, add the parmesan, egg and optional herbs. Mix well until a dough forms. Line an oven tray with parchment paper and form a circle with the dough, creating a raised lip around the edges.
4. COOK THE PIZZA: Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and spread marinara sauce evenly on top of the crust.
5. ADD TOPPINGS: Sprinkle with grated mozzarella followed by desired toppings.
6. SERVE: Bake again for 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Slice and serve hot.
REASONS WE LOVE THIS EASY KETO PIZZA CRUST:
- it’s delicious and makes a healthy pizza crust alternative
- only 3 main ingredients and so easy to make
- the recipe is so versatile and flexible
- healthier, cleaner ingredients, no fillers, no cornstarch, no corn flour, and cheaper than the premade Cauliflower crusts that you buy at the store such as Trader Joe’s, Cauliflour Kitchen and Caulipower Crust
How many carbs in a cauliflower pizza?
The macros for one pizza crust slice without the toppings are:
122 calories, 5 grams NET carbs, 10 grams protein, 6 grams fat
Can I make vegan cauliflower crust?
I haven’t tried but you can certainly experiment by using a flax egg and vegan Parmesan cheese and adjust the ratios.
WHAT CAN I SUBSTITUTE FOR PIZZA CRUST:
A few other delicious healthy alternatives that you can use for pizza crust are:
- Broccoli – coming soon
- Zucchini – coming soon
- Portobello Mushroom Caps
- Sweet Potato
Important tips for making the Best Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
- if you have a pizza stone, use it to bake the pizza crust otherwise, just line your baking sheet with parchment paper
- if using thawed frozen cauliflower rice, heat in the microwave or bake in the oven to remove excess moisture
- prebake the crust prior to adding the sauce and any toppings – this ensures that your crust will get crispy instead of soggy
- use frozen cauliflower rice for an easy
Can you freeze Cauliflower Pizza Crust?
The great thing about homemade pizza is that you can make it ahead of time and store it in the freezer until you’re ready to eat. We usually like to make 2 pizza crusts at a time and freeze one of them.
To freeze cauliflower pizza, you’re going to prebake it in the oven and allow it to cool down. Then you’re going to place the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes. Once the pizza crust is slightly frozen, wrap it with plastic wrap and store in a large freezer bag or an airtight container.
When you’re craving pizza for dinner, simply remove the crust from the freezer and add your favorite toppings. You can reheat it in the air fryer at 400F for 8 minutes or in the oven for 10 minutes.
More low carb recipes:
This crispy cauliflower pizza crust recipe is so easy to make with just 3 ingredients. It's gluten free, grain free, keto, low carb and perfect for satisfying that Friday night pizza craving.
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (two 12 ounce bags) , frozen thawed or fresh
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons super-fine blanched almond flour , optional but helps to give the crust a crispier texture
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella
- ¼ cup sugar-free marinara sauce (Rao's) or passata sauce
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella slices
- 2/3 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 sliced cherry tomatoes
- 5 slices pepperoni
Pre-heat oven to 425° F. (If you’re using a pizza stone, place it in the oven now)
Place the thawed frozen cauliflower rice in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the cauliflower out in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pan and stirring in between. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, add the cooked riced cauliflower, the parmesan, egg, almond flour and optional seasonings. Mix and using your hands to knead well until a dough forms.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the dough on top. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and using your hands or a rolling pin, press down to form a crust to about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thickness, creating a raised wall around the edges.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and spread marinara sauce evenly on top of the crust.
Sprinkle with grated mozzarella followed by desired toppings.
Place the pan back in the oven and cook until the cheese melts. Slice and serve hot.
** Nutritional info is calculated without the toppings or almond flour.