This is the Ultimate Guide for Whole30 Target Products and includes an extensive shopping list of Whole30 snacks and groceries. Perfect if you are starting January Whole30 to see what Whole30 compliant foods are available at Target as well as things to avoid.
Your Guide to Whole30 Foods at Target
Are you thinking of jumping into Whole30 in the new year and wondering what Whole30 foods you can buy? Having completed more than 10 Whole30 rounds for January and September Whole30 throughout the years, we are always on the lookout for great Whole30 food options whenever we are shopping.
Now, I know we don’t all immediately think of Target when we think about food shopping. When most people think of Target, they typically dream of strolling the home decor and clothing sections with a cup of Starbucks latte in hand.
Nowadays, most Targets have a full grocery section. What we really love about the Target grocery section is that it’s relatively smaller than a full grocery store, so things are easy to find. However, they don’t skimp on quality.
If you don’t have a Target nearby, you can also check out our popular blog posts for a Trader Joe’s Whole30 Shopping List, Whole30 Foods at Costco, and Whole30 Whole Foods Shopping List for Whole30 compliant foods.
What Exactly is Whole30?
Whole30 is a nutritional diet plan that focuses on eating real-food (unprocessed and whole) for 30 days. This food plan is designed to help you change how you feel and eat by:
- Eliminating/cutting out all problematic foods that may be making you feel bad, such as:
- added sugars
- artificial sweeteners
- and processed foods containing any of these ingredients
- Consuming healthy “whole” foods / real food that will help you feel your best:
- quality meats – preferably grass-fed
- fish – sustainably sources, wild caught
- seeds and healthy fats
Why We All LOVE Target
What is there not to love about Target! You can find everything you want and need in one stop.
Need new sheets? They’ve got them. Clothing for yourself or your kids. It’s here. Toiletries? Stationary? Home Decor? Yes, yes, yes. Best of all – it’s all relatively affordably priced and super on trend!
Now, you can get your groceries here, too! I may never need to shop anywhere ever again.
How to Find Whole30 Foods at Target
If you’ve been wondering what’s Whole30 compliant at Target, you’re in luck! This ultimate Whole30 Target Shopping List and Guide is just right for you to help you with your Whole30 meal plan.
Don’t forget to check out our Whole30 Prep and Shopping Guide that gives a more detailed breakdown of which foods and ingredients are Whole30 compliant and what you should avoid if you plan on participating in Whole30 January or Whole30 September.
Do Your Research and Read Nutritional Labels
When trying Whole30, don’t forget to check every ingredient and nutrition label. Remember that ingredients in products do change at times. This Target Whole30 shopping list is being published in 2020 and fits a Whole30 plan at the time of publication.
If you spot something that has changed, be sure to let me know so we can update it!
Target Secret Shopping Tips
- Target offers same day delivery service. You can order your groceries and have them delivered to your doorstep the very same day. It’s not just for groceries, though! If you need a new pillow, throw that on your list, too!
- If you do head into the store, many locations also feature a Starbucks. You can sip your favorite drink while you shop!
- Don’t forget to use your Target RedCard to save save save. If you use your RedCard to pay, you’ll save 5% on your order in addition to any promotions.
- Download the Target App. The Circle app (formerly called Cartwheel) makes shopping and saving even easier. You can see weekly ads and exclusive coupons.
My Favorite Whole30 Foods at Target:
Staples & Canned Goods
I have a few favorite Whole30 staples I always keep in my cabinets. Having these things around makes it so much easier for me to plan out my meals ahead of time. Think – oil, flour, chicken stock, and tomato sauce. All of these can easily be found at Target.
- Coconut Oil
- Almond Flour
- Organic Bone Broth
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil – my favorite heart healthy oil
- Cooking Spray
- Canned Tuna
- Rao’s Homemade Marinara
- Canned Salmon:
- Wild Salmon
- Wild Sockeye Salmon
- Sardines: Canned Sardines
- Chicken Stock – great for stir-fries or if you don’t feel like making your own Bone Broth
- Hard Cooked Peeled Eggs
Fresh and Frozen Produce
All fresh produce is Whole30 compliant. Your Target grocery will likely have a modest sized fresh produce section. These are some of my favorite organic produce options at Target:
- Mixed Greens
- Organic Baby Spinach
- Broccoli Florets
- Brussels Sprouts
- Sweet Potatoes
- Bell Peppers
- Pears Grapes
Target should also offer a few options for frozen produce. You can find some great Whole30 compliant frozen produce but be sure to check the label for added sugars! Here are my top picks:
- Frozen Avocado Chunks – love how convenient these are – great for adding into smoothies
- Frozen Organic Raspberries
- Wild Blueberries
- Organic Strawberries
- Vegetable Stir Fry Blend
- Riced Cauliflower – an easy low carb and Whole30 side and perfect for smoothies or using in stir-fries
There are many options when it comes to protein at Target. Any organic meat will meet Whole30 regulations. I love to use organic chicken breasts, chicken thighs, grass fed steak, pork, turkey, or ground meats like ground beef and ground turkey. You can also find a few Whole30 compliant bacon options. Target carries Purdue and their own brand, Market Pantry.
Also seafood is a great protein option on Whole30, such as wild-caught salmon, shrimp, cod, halibut, and scallops from sustainable sources. Steer clear of the market fresh options that are marinated or breaded as these will have non compliant additives.
If you are looking for something pre-prepared, check out these fabulous and flavorful Whole30 options.
I love dried fruits and nuts as a Whole30 snack option. Just be sure to confirm that your dried fruit does not have any added sugar and that your nuts weren’t roasted in a non-compliant oil. I typically prefer to choose raw nuts or seeds for this reason.
- Dried Fruit: My kids love dried mangoes, Goji Berries
- Nuts: Archer Farms Unsalted Raw Almonds, Macadamia Nuts, Walnuts, Cashews
- Seeds: Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Chia Seeds
Nut Butters and Seeds Butters such as Almond Butter, Cashew Butter, Sunflower Seed Butter or Pumpkin Seed Butter are all great sources of healthy fats.
If you’re craving something outside the flavor profile of fruit and nuts, you may want to grab some of these snacks:
- Wholly Guacamole (the BEST Whole30 dip around)
- LaraBars (check out the ingredient list and make sure the bars you’re looking at are compliant)
- Organic applesauce
Target Foods to Avoid While on Whole30
- Anything with added sugar
- ALL dairy. Instead go for plant-based milks like almond milk, coconut milk or cashew milk.
Some Whole30 recipes and Whole30 resources you might need to get started: