You’re going to love this Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad. This pasta salad recipe comes with all the traditional flavors found in a classic Caesar salad. Our chicken salad recipe is served with a silky and lightened up Caesar dressing that is best fresh cherry tomatoes. This salad is quick to make with grain-free and gluten-free options. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
This chicken Caesar pasta salad recipe is delicious and so easy to make. An easy spin on the traditional Caesar salad, this salad is perfect for cookouts and backyard BBQs. If you love this gluten-free recipe, then you will really enjoy our Italian Pasta Salad or our Strawberry Spinach Salad.
Ingredients Needed For This Caesar Pasta Salad
For the salad
- Dried pasta– any gluten-free or grain free pasta brand you like, but if you are paleo these from Jovial, or Almond Love for Keto. If you are looking for a chickpea or lentil based pasta, you can use Banza pasta shells that are made with chickpeas.
- Romaine lettuce- roughly chopped
- Cherry or grape tomatoes– cut in half
- Green onion- thinly sliced
- Fresh basil- thinly sliced
- Parmesan cheese– substitute with vegan parmesan cheese or omit
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken breast– cooked and cubed; Or keep it meatless with chopped nuts or roasted chickpeas instead
- Croutons– homemade & made with gluten free or keto bread; optional
For the dressing
You can make your own dressing or use store bought.
- Plain Greek yogurt– use your favorite dairy free plain yogurt;
- Parmesan cheese- substitute with vegan parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice- freshly squeezed
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard- make sure to use paleo-friendly mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic- minced
- Anchovy paste- or two anchovy fillets
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
MAKE THE DRESSING:
- BLEND: In a small food processor or a high-speed blender, add all the dressing ingredients and puree until creamy and smooth. Or alternatively, you may add all ingredients to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously until mixture is well-blended.
- SEASON TO TATE: Season with additional salt and pepper if needed, and add 1-2 teaspoons milk or water if needed to thin out the dressing to your desired consistency.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
- ASSEMBLE: In a large bowl, mix the pasta with enough dressing to coat evenly. Cover and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- TOSS: Toss in the rest of the ingredients, except for the croutons. Pour the remainder of the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper, as needed.
- SERVE: Sprinkle with the optional grated Parmesan and croutons. Serve immediately or cover and chill in the fridge for up to 3 hours.
Make Ahead Tips
- Cook the pasta ahead of time and store in a large reusable container in the refrigerator.
- Wash and chop the lettuce and tomatoes in advance and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Make the dressing in advance and store in a resealable jar in the refrigerator.
How To Store This Gluten Free Pasta Recipe
This pasta salad will last in the refrigerator for up to four days, and it is perfect for meal prep. Divide the cooked pasta into reusable airtight containers. This is our favorite lunch container. Here are a few of our other favorites for storing food:
- Glass meal prep containers – Divided containers with 2 compartments are great if you want to include a portion of salad plus a side of protein or fruit.
- Jars with lids – Mason jars are great for portioning out salads and they make your fridge look Pinterest-worthy. We love these reusable plastic jar lids for everything you can put in a jar. And for dressings and sauces, these flip-top lids are a must-have!
- Silicone bags – The great thing about silicone bags is that they can be re-used, are dishwasher-safe and don’t absorb odors. We LOVE stand-up bags from Stasher for their 56-ounce capacity and the fact that they stand up minimizing any risk of leakage.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt a thicker Greek yogurt brand works best - I use Skyr or Siggy's non-fat; substitute with dairy-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese substitute with vegan parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard use paleo-friendly mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste or 2 anchovy fillets highly recommended
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cups dried gluten-free pasta , sub with favorite grain free pasta (we like Jovial or Cappello's for paleo or you can use Eat Banza for a legume pasta and Almond Love for Keto)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes cut into halves
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus more for topping substitute with vegan parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken breasts diced (grilled, roasted or rotisserie would work great); for meatless, substitute with walnuts or roasted chickpeas.
- 1 cup croutons homemade from gluten-free or keto bread
- To make the dressing: In a small food processor or a high-speed blender, add all the dressing ingredients and puree until creamy and smooth. Or alternatively, you may add all ingredients to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously until mixture is well-blended. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed, and add 1-2 teaspoons milk or water if needed to thin out the dressing to your desired consistency.
- To assemble the salad: In a large bowl, mix the pasta with enough dressing to coat evenly. Cover and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes. Toss in the rest of the ingredients, except for the croutons. Pour the remainder of the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper, as needed.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and croutons. Serve immediately or cover and chill in the fridge for up to 3 hours.
You can prep the dressing and coat the pasta up to 2 days ahead before assembling with the rest of the salad ingredients. Just keep in an airtight covered container.