No Bake Energy Bites made with ONLY 5 ingredients including peanut butter and chocolate chips are the perfect easy and healthy snack on the go! Best of all, this recipe is so simple to make with a step-by-step video to follow along!
With back to school season upon us, energy bites are a tasty solution for a quick boost of nutrition. These healthy No Bake Energy Bites with Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips are gluten free, loaded with protein, fiber and clock in at just 94 calories.
We make a few batches every week and a few of our favorites include
Plus I just shared these 9 No Bake Energy Bites that have something for everyone.
The best part is, you can easily make them ahead of time and pack them for on the go. Plus, this recipe is made in just one bowl and makes a large batch so you can meal prep and have them ready for whenever you need it.
They also make the perfect little pick-me up for before or after a workout and are just enough to satisfy that sweet tooth craving.
For this No Bake Energy Bites recipe, you ONLY need 5 ingredients:
- old-fashioned oats (use gluten free if necessary) (I used my Bob’s Red Mill)
- shredded coconut (I used unsweetened but you can use any you have on hand) – or use almond meal, ground flax seed, oat flour or protein powder instead
- peanut butter (almond butter or can also use your favorite nut or sunflower or pumpkin seed butter to keep these nut-free)
- honey (can also swap in maple syrup, brown rice syrup, agave or date paste instead)
- chocolate chunks / chips (you can use chopped fruit or nuts instead)
You can easily use your favorite nut or seed butter you have in your pantry. If you are looking for a recipe without any added sweetener – you can use banana instead like I did in the Cranberry Energy Bites and feel free to swap out the chocolate for nuts instead.
They are completely NO BAKE and make a delicious healthy snack. We love making a double batch and enjoying them straight from the fridge when we need a quick pick me up.
No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites make the perfect grab and go snacks for on the go with easy to find pantry ingredients.
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter (almond, cashew butter OR sunflower / pumpkin seed butter work as well)(heated slightly until liquid-y)
- 1/4 cup liquid honey (brown rice syrup, agave syrup or date paste will work as well)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut (I used unsweetened but you can use sweetened if you prefer)**
- 2 cups oats - 1/2 cup rolled oats and 1 cup quick oats (use gluten free if necessary)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped chocolate chunks*, plus more for studding, if desired
- pinch of salt, optional but highly recommended for offsetting the sweetness
- Optional Add-Ins
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds or ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- *Raisins or Dried Fruit (Cranberries) instead of or half with chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together heated nut butter and honey until smooth.
- Stir in shredded coconut, oats and salt and mix until well combined. Add optional add-ins if desired. Fold in chocolate chunks/chips.
- Wet hands slightly and form dough tightly into 1" - 1.5" balls. If dough doesn't stick together add 1/2 tablespoon water (or melted coconut oil) at a time until dough comes together or place dough in the fridge for 30 minutes prior to forming dough balls so it's easier to handle. Press additional chocolate chips evenly around dough, if desired.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer until ready to enjoy.
**You can use ground flax seed, oat flour or protein powder instead of coconut if you are not a fan - you might have to adjust the amount of sweetener to your taste
**You can form these into cookies or granola bars by flattening the dough in an 8x8 square pan if you prefer not to roll them out.
Store in an airtight container for up to one week in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. months. Allow to sit out for 10 minutes from the freezer before serving.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!